News Bulldogs Jack Hetherington facing lengthy ban after being sent off for tackle on Valentine Holmes

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
By not rating Radley and Hetherington the same, it just raises suspicions of favoritism.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just looked at the Momiroski grade two charge. Almost a replica of Hetherington high shot. Only difference was Hetherington was a reckless reflect action. Momiroski hit a standing target, in the vulnerable act of kicking. Understand there are loading in place for repeat offenders, but why is Hethrington a grade 3 while the other was a grade 2. Let's not start with Latrell Mitchel. Seems to be an automatic downgrade in charge, if you wear the Red & Green

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looked at the Momiroski grade two charge. Almost a replica of Hetherington high shot. Only difference was Hetherington was a reckless reflect action. Momiroski hit a standing target, in the vulnerable act of kicking. Understand there are loading in place for repeat offenders, but why is Hethrington a grade 3 while the other was a grade 2. Let's not start with Latrell Mitchel. Seems to be an automatic downgrade in charge, if you wear the Red & Green
Hetherington got the grade 3. Because.
A, he is hetherington the evil bad man. According to the NRL.
B, he wears blue and white

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Think the maths is wrong:
Base penalty 300pts
Two related priors - 100% loading (300pts)
One non-related prior - 20% (60pts)
Carry overs - (32 pts)
NRL f/u Bulldogs penalty - (300 pts)
NRL u don't play for the Storm, Penrith, Souths or Roosters penalty (200 pts)
Non aboriginal penalty - (200 pts)

Unless I'm mistaken - thats 1392 points. Which under the NRL Bulldogs early guilty plea becomes 1391 points.

Have I missed something?

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Non NRL pinup boy - extra 200
Think the maths is wrong:
Base penalty 300pts
Two related priors - 100% loading (300pts)
One non-related prior - 20% (60pts)
Carry overs - (32 pts)
NRL f/u Bulldogs penalty - (300 pts)
NRL u don't play for the Storm, Penrith, Souths or Roosters penalty (200 pts)
Non aboriginal penalty - (200 pts)

Unless I'm mistaken - thats 1392 points. Which under the NRL Bulldogs early guilty plea becomes 1391 points.

Have I missed something?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So there needs to be a system where these plonkers are fined, and compensate the club somehow, so that we aren't penalised for stuff they do at other clubs.

Maybe if they change clubs with carry over points, they (the player) pays a big fine, based on accumulated points, and they get a clean record restored for the next club.

Like 300 points carry over, Hethrington has to pay $50k fine to have his record restored back to zero if he goes to a new club.

Make the dumb players pay out of their hip pocket for their indiscretions.

Poor us, suffer for his reckless play at Penrith and Warriors.

But then again dumb us for taking him on with that record in the first place.
I think their asking price is affected by their judiciary history already. Players with a very poor record generally have to take massive pay cuts in ordert receive a contract.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We all need to be careful yes he deserves a suspension. If you watch it in slow motion it looks to come up off the ball. Send off was supposed to be for the attacked player can play no part. And that wasn’t the case. We can keep knocking him for being to aggressive with poor technique. And then in the same breath Nappa has adjusted his technique no shoulder charge or hit with the head. And we want him gone. So we want workers only. But that’s Jackson and he’s past it. So the question is do we want aggression which comes with suspension at times. Or passive with no aggression?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think 6 weeks or whatever he's suppose to get is way too hefty. I can accept the send off however, not when I saw 3 to 4 other-one's this weekend with varying punishments. 3 weeks tops due to the send off aswell. I believe if the player is sent that game then a week less on the suspension. I will add that he let the team down bad. Just like Thommo last season. He hurt us at the start of this season by not being there.

I also think that Lattrell deserved a week extra for each charge he had. You can't reward the bloke for losing his cool in that game. Got the angry pills out and did about 3-4 infringements. 1 Charged I think and 2 fines. Those fines should be a week extra IMO. LM has that in his game and has for ages. Clear case of us drawing harsher penalties and teams like South etc getting off easier. Just my opinion but.

Olddawg

Banned
Reaction score
Hetho should call him and apologise. It’s what sonny did to immortal johns and only got 2 weeks

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hetherington has a shit record. If he challenges it he has no chance, not because of the tackle itself but because of his history.

Take the 5, learn from it and move on.
you can still plead guilty but at a reduced grading

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just looked it up, there are no allowances for send offs now, was changed. There used to be you were correct there. The send off just rarely happens. Have sent them a message about this, wondering when this was changed, seems silly to change it.
Their calculation is this chart:

Which is 300 base points
+ 150% loading
= 450 points
+ 20% loading 60 points
= 510 points
+ 32 carryover points
= 542

So I don't understand where they got the 527 points from. The only thing I thought of was that they deducted 15 instead of 25 points for minutes left in the game that he missed. But you say they don't do that any more.

Thoughts?

Rd06 Match Review Charges.jpg