Bulldogs heart-throb now living on streets and battling cancer

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was at Belmore one Friday Night, when I saw Sandy Campbell, in a reserve grade game field a kick in his own in goal, run the length of the field, and then run around to score under the posts.

Does anyone else remember that try? I think the opposition wss Saints.
It's awesome having great memories at belmore...I strangely remember Andrew johns number 20 for Newcastle killing it in a reserve grade game and mark geyer playing for the balmain tigers and being amazed at his around the ankles tackles for such a big man..glad you have a good memory of Sandy campbell

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great to read the club is getting involved, should be able to get him sorted as best they can..hope he isn't too stubborn might well be that some former team mates go and pay him a visit help this all come together.

I know some are their own worst enemy but homelessness is far too common and it upsets me that ppl end up in such situations.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome to see that Family of League and also the Bulldogs have reached out to help Sandy.

I never realised, but looks like him and Geoff Robinson played for Dogs together in 1986. Given the battle Geoff has had with cancer, he'd be a really good shoulder and support base for Sandy and what he is going through with his cancer treatment.

Hey guys ive set up a go fund me which i will give all the money to the nrl to pass on to sandy!!! As a life time bulldogs supporter i would hope this would raise the momey needed to fins this guy some accomodation.
Please share the shit out of this link and if anyone has any other ideas on how to pass the funds on then would love ur feedback
Cheers
One has already been setup by someone that knows Sandy: https://www.gofundme.com/f/to-help-a-rugby-league-brother-in-hard-times

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's awesome having great memories at belmore...I strangely remember Andrew johns number 20 for Newcastle killing it in a reserve grade game and mark geyer playing for the balmain tigers and being amazed at his around the ankles tackles for such a big man..glad you have a good memory of Sandy campbell
Yes I remember that reserve grade game where Andrew Johns killed us. I seem to recall Matthew was his halves partner on the day.

If my memory is correct that also might be the same day that Terry Lamb kicked that infamous field goal when we were 2 points behind.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn’t Sandy play for two other clubs too? They’ve been extremely quiet about wanting to assist .. what happened to all the powerbrokers, the heavy hitters and connections at the Roosters?

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn’t Sandy play for two other clubs too? They’ve been extremely quiet about wanting to assist .. what happened to all the powerbrokers, the heavy hitters and connections at the Roosters?
I think that scumbag Buzz broke the original story, so wouldn’t surprise me that he failed to mention any other clubs except the Bulldogs

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's only one Family Club.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played for Roosters and Souths, but for less than a season. Played several seasons for the Bulldogs.

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes I remember that reserve grade game where Andrew Johns killed us. I seem to recall Matthew was his halves partner on the day.

If my memory is correct that also might be the same day that Terry Lamb kicked that infamous field goal when we were 2 points behind.
Now I think I have lost my mind...I think matty johns was in first grade that day(I could be wrong) and I thought we won that day in first grade...was around 30 years ago to be fair.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was there too but don't remember the reggies game at all tbh, hard to forget Baa's fopah though lol