bulldogs head coach superthread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's seems weird of us to be tabling an offer if Hasler has a legal document binding him to Manly.
That's only binding him for 2012. My understanding would be that originally with Manly he's signed a 2 or 3 year deal, with an option to extend an additional year. Final year of contract would be 2011, with the option to extend to 2012.

So what he would do, is before 2012 indicate to the club he wishes to stay on in 2012, and that option would be activated.

The problem for Manly is that if Hasler does leave, it leaves them in a BIG hole with very few options for coaches this late in the season.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's only binding him for 2012. My understanding would be that originally with Manly he's signed a 2 or 3 year deal, with an option to extend an additional year. Final year of contract would be 2011, with the option to extend to 2012.So what he would do, is before 2012 indicate to the club he wishes to stay on in 2012, and that option would be activated.The problem for Manly is that if Hasler does leave, it leaves them in a BIG hole with very few options for coaches this late in the season.
The word coming out of Manly is that Hasler has already activated the clause, meaning there is no way back. But if he had why would we still be interested? Surely Many would've just shown us the document and said no, he's under contract, go away?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cant wait till they finally annouce JD as coach, im getting sick to death of hearing about Hasler. No way known he will come to us, its just a few wishful thinkers spreading rumours, and maybe a bit a des bumping up his pay with Manly, nothing more. More chance i will coach the dogs than Hasler. The way this place is, if Warriors won the GF, the next thing would be we are chasing Ivan Cleary. JD did enough for a trial next year, and will coach.

C

Ceagle

The word coming out of Manly is that Hasler has already activated the clause, meaning there is no way back. But if he had why would we still be interested? Surely Many would've just shown us the document and said no, he's under contract, go away?
We have tried telling the Dogs that. But the telecrap keep running with the rumors. Our camp has stated many times that Hasler is going nowhere next season.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
and moore will see out his deal lol. means nothing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We have tried telling the Dogs that. But the telecrap keep running with the rumors. Our camp has stated many times that Hasler is going nowhere next season.
I'll say it again.

All these media articles and threads aren't just talking about next year. There are two different discussions and issues.

1. Is Hasler contracted for 2012 with Manly? It appears from the media that Hasler has indicated (back in June) he'd like to stay 2012 with Manly. He'd be legally held to that.
2. What is he doing beyond 2012 season? Nothing has been said about this, and Manly appear to be struggling to keep him.

Manly fans should be concerned about what Hasler is doing in 2013 and beyond, not 2012.

Why aren't you at the game Ceagle?

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to have Jim Dymock and a good tactical assistant there for the next few years, he knows what it means to be a Bulldog, is familiar with and has the respect of the players and he can only improve.

I really think we need a very experienced coaching director, someone who will enforce the Bulldog way of playing, be there for the coaches when they need advice and make sure the juniors coming in are all able to play the type of footy we need etc.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Comes down to how much Des WANTS to go, and are the Bulldgos prepared to pay compensation for his failure to meet whatever contractual obligations Des has.

Hey, if Manly are losing $1-$1.5M per year, perhaps milking $400k out of the Dogs as compo is the best financial decision for them.

If Des left, not the end of the world for the C-gulls, as Des has set the club up well with a strong culture, that would see them be successful for years to come whether or not he is there.

Besides, can't you see G.Toovey as coach of the place one day anyways? Has the same sort of intensity as Des, and stature within the club, and would have learned truck loads under Des.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but...
greenberg has been quoted as aiming for an announcement in the week after the grand final at the latest.
reports have said manly is meeting hasler next week to nut out an extension. reports also say he's staying at manly next year anyway.
that means by this sunday we should have an announcement of dymock, stuart, or <insert shock signing here>.

is internet sports addiction a problem for you? i love it.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
and moore will see out his deal lol. means nothing.
I would like Steve Folkes to return to the Dogs as assistant coach and sit next to JD during the games in 2012, Folksy has been there done that won a premiership and one of the greats.
He would be doing the same as he is currently doing with another club so why not come home and give Jimmy a hand???

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
i think he just signed with the dragons, lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
yeh for what exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.