bulldogs head coach superthread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Reckon he will stay at manly just trying to up the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reckon he will stay at manly just trying to up the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Problem with that is that they don't have the $$$$$. The Manly club recorded a $1.3 Million loss this last financial year!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
That story could have been written by any of us. Not much in it at all from Rothfield. I really dont think this will do us any favours in signing him, announcing this on the day Manly play their prelim final. It will pis$ Des off for sure. Classy work from the Telecrap!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...coach-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226144173848

THE secret is out on why the Bulldogs have delayed naming a coach for next season - they want to interview Manly's Des Hasler once he has completed his commitments with the Sea Eagles this year.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Canterbury have made preliminary contact with a senior player agent who is advising the record-breaking 2008 premiership-winning coach on his future.

It's a good time for the Bulldogs to be putting out feelers because Hasler is unhappy working under several board members who recently dismissed his long-time friend and media advisor Peter Peters. The same board members earlier this year had the opportunity to extend Hasler's contract beyond next season but inexplicably refused to do a deal. Canterbury are also keen on Manly's recruitment boss Noel Cleal to work alongside Hasler.

It is unlikely Hasler would leave Manly because of his incredibly strong bond with the players, particularly the Stewart brothers, Glenn and Brett.

But the fact the Bulldogs have waited weeks and put a number of other high-profile coaches on hold indicates how keen they are to sit down with Hasler next week or after the grand final - even knowing Manly have an option on his services.

When I asked a senior Canterbury official about their interest in Hasler, he replied: "No comment." But he added: "Who wouldn't want Des Hasler?"

Hasler is on about $400,000 but could earn more than $600,000 at Belmore. He is rated among the top three coaches in the game, alongside Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy.
This tells me that not all is on good terms between Hasler and the Manly Board, therefore it could be quite possible that Hasler walks out of there!

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That story could have been written by any of us. Not much in it at all from Rothfield. I really dont think this will do us any favours in signing him, announcing this on the day Manly play their prelim final. It will pis$ Des off for sure. Classy work from the Telecrap!
i agree just another way to stick the boot into the Bulldogs and stop Hasler from signing with them.......the Telegraph will come up with any rubbish to upset the workings of the Bulldogs club.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just give the guy a cool million and be done with it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Refer to my post recently on this from someone who knows the Manly club well. It was told to me that Hasler has it good at the club, what he wants he gets. Think about that for a second because I'm probably not just talking about the amount he gets paid as a coach.

This article reads like a giant contradiction.

Hasler may leave because he's supposidely not happy with Board.
Hasler may stay because of bonds with the players.

Talk about an incredibly vague "nothing" article.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Refer to my post recently on this from someone who knows the Manly club well. It was told to me that Hasler has it good at the club, what he wants he gets. Think about that for a second because I'm probably not just talking about the amount he gets paid as a coach.

This article reads like a giant contradiction.

Hasler may leave because he's supposidely not happy with Board.
Hasler may stay because of bonds with the players.

Talk about an incredibly vague "nothing" article.
Where there is smoke, there is fire.....

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arent Manly owned by a millionaire?

tomisbester

Waterboy
Reaction score
Give Des ANYTHING he wants, Bulldogs need to give him whatever he asks for. A coach like Hasler will bring quality players with him. If he signs I think the Bulldogs could be back on track in 2012!!!

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
dogs want des

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Canterbury have made preliminary contact with a senior player agent who is advising the record-breaking 2008 premiership-winning coach on his future.

It's a good time for the Bulldogs to be putting out feelers because Hasler is unhappy working under several board members who recently dismissed his long-time friend and media advisor Peter Peters. The same board members earlier this year had the opportunity to extend Hasler's contract beyond next season but inexplicably refused to do a deal.

Canterbury are also keen on Manly's recruitment boss Noel Cleal to work alongside Hasler.

It is unlikely Hasler would leave Manly because of his incredibly strong bond with the players, particularly the Stewart brothers, Glenn and Brett.
But the fact the Bulldogs have waited weeks and put a number of other high-profile coaches on hold indicates how keen they are to sit down with Hasler next week or after the grand final - even knowing Manly have an option on his services.

When I asked a senior Canterbury official about their interest in Hasler, he replied: "No comment." But he added: "Who wouldn't want Des Hasler?"

Hasler is on about $400,000 but could earn more than $600,000 at Belmore. He is rated among the top three coaches in the game, alongside Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy

*edit*
forgot the link http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...coach-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226144173848
that's interesting... what do you all think?

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coaching Superthread is your friend! :p

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
fail? didn't realise that.. sorry... close thread :/

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We should throw $1 million at him if we were paying Kevin $300k. LOL.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its not just the coaching role that he offers.

He is HUGE on junior development and future planning. There was an article leading into the 2008 season where he stated there intention very early on in their tenture and aimed to be in the GF by 2008. He said that 2007 they had exceeded expectation, as they based their future around junior development programs, a leadership group, and strict recruitment plan. He will add A LOT to us.

Has >> Dymock >> Stuart

Would be my order

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be so brilliant if Greenberg could get Des for us.

Would be the ultimate scoop. :grinning:

tomisbester

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not even a little interested in Bellamy, think the mans the scum of the earth, and hes not a good coach. Just was lucky with the players he's been dealt. Hasler FTW

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Hasler would definitely be a good catch. Until I saw Bennett leave the Broncos I thought coaches stayed till they were fired but now I think we have to be a chance of getting Hasler.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nonsense have you seen their Toyota Cup squad, lazy, with the exception of a few individuals they lack any true ability, as is shown by their poor performance this year (4 weeks in a row they scored less than 4 points)

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not even a little interested in Bellamy, think the mans the scum of the earth, and hes not a good coach. Just was lucky with the players he's been dealt. Hasler FTW
lol you cannot be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.