Bulldogs great Terry Lamb says coach Des Hasler doesn’t get the Canterbury club culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole problem is haslers stubbornness and not dropping players like trex and coaching in such a negative fashion trying not to lose whereas broncs/cows/sharks play to win ,time to evolve or retire des

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Our forwards are (most of the time) getting us into the zone to attack, but when we get there our halves go missing directing the players over the line.

We only seem to score these days from line breaks.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Des's problem is the same as many players....long term massive $$$ contract, im starting to think its not stubbornness that stops him dropping players, he just doesn't have a high care factor.....weather we win or lose he's going to get paid so what's it matter to him

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hell even Klemers throwing cut out passes.

The old saying of too many cooks spoil the broth applies here
or the other saying our forwards should adhere to 'stick to your knitting'

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hell even Klemers throwing cut out passes.

The old saying of too many cooks spoil the broth applies here
Difference is Klemmer runs hard and straight almost of the time so the his passing was actually effective unlike the other rubbish we are seeing lol.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des's problem is the same as many players....long term massive $$$ contract, im starting to think its not stubbornness that stops him dropping players, he just doesn't have a high care factor.....weather we win or lose he's going to get paid so what's it matter to him
Ive often thought how des would coach with an incentive based contract

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive often thought how des would coach with an incentive based contract
I'd be quite surprised if there wasn't an incentive component of his package (but no idea how much compared to base salary).

The incentive should be continuing employment, whether with us or someone else.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be quite surprised if there wasn't an incentive component of his package (but no idea how much compared to base salary).

The incentive should be continuing employment, whether with us or someone else.
Im sure there is an incentive on top of a huge paypacket - im talking about $300k base - $100k each semi win that doubles till gf but hed never go for it he likes the trex style paypacket

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well said Baa! And with that, it comes back to sticking too what's been successful at this club and that is coaches who dawned our colours in the battlefield and having a good dose of local juniors who established bonds and an understanding of our club culture from a young age.
I think Hasler is looking for a payout... He's lost his way and I think he is struggling now to get the respect of the dressing room. There are many motivations for players but one of them is wanting to do it for their coach, nowadays more than ever given a coaches tenure is based on results... I'm glad a club legend came out and called it how he's seeing it.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
every one from top to bottom at bulldogs thought Karl McNichol was greater than SBW.
That is true. But we had someone bettet waiting in the wings... Tim Winitana! Plod plod plod!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said Baa! And with that, it comes back to sticking too what's been successful at this club and that is coaches who dawned our colours in the battlefield and having a good dose of local juniors who established bonds and an understanding of our club culture from a young age.
I think Hasler is looking for a payout... He's lost his way and I think he is struggling now to get the respect of the dressing room. There are many motivations for players but one of them is wanting to do it for their coach, nowadays more than ever given a coaches tenure is based on results... I'm glad a club legend came out and called it how he's seeing it.
Same club legend who kicked a field goal and lost the game by 1 point when the team was actaully behind by 2 LOLLLL ... i think its best if guys like Baa say nothing and continues to leach of the club in roles created for the boys.

Malla

Reaction score
Difference is Klemmer runs hard and straight almost of the time so the his passing was actually effective unlike the other rubbish we are seeing lol.
Truth. Klem 95% of the time is looking to run straight through the defence so when he does pass it's effective. Led to a try against Parra too.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2012 - Gun season almost won it. ( Typical bulldog culture ) 1994, 1995
2013 - Bad season due to disharmony ( Typical bulldog culture ) 2006 to 2008, 1996
2014 - Rubbish season smashed it in finals ( Typical bulldog culture ) 1998 and many other finals series.
2015 - Underperformed - Not typical bulldog culture
2016 - inconsistent - ( typical bulldog culture ) 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011.

Am I wrong??

2015 was an uncharacteristic yr for the team and even though its early 2016 is looking the same. Hasler needs to change things up asap or I'm jumping on this Fcuk hasler bandwagon.

Start letting halves pass the ball to eachother, Change left hand side attack and tell the forwards to fukn run HARD!!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2012 - Gun season almost won it. ( Typical bulldog culture ) 1994, 1995
2013 - Bad season due to disharmony ( Typical bulldog culture ) 2006 to 2008, 1996
2014 - Rubbish season smashed it in finals ( Typical bulldog culture ) 1998 and many other finals series.
2015 - Underperformed - Not typical bulldog culture
2016 - inconsistent - ( typical bulldog culture ) 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011.

Am I wrong??

2015 was an uncharacteristic yr for the team and even though its early 2016 is looking the same. Hasler needs to change things up asap or I'm jumping on this Fcuk hasler bandwagon.

Start letting halves pass the ball to eachother, Change left hand side attack and tell the forwards to fukn run HARD!!
Inconsistent in 2001 and 2009? we finished second in both seasons.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
or the other saying our forwards should adhere to 'stick to your knitting'
I've got no issues with ball playing forwards, but they shouldn't be ball playing TO the line, they should be ball playing AT the line.

So rather than:
Hooker > Forward > line > hitup complete
we should be focussing on
Hooker > Halves player > Forward > line > support player.

At the moment the halves get stifled because the forwards put their hand up and try to gain control, rather than the halves taking control and telling the forwards where they need to be.

It's like in terms of organsiation #8 and #10 are swapped with #6 and #7... and it just doesn't work anymore with the faster gameplay.

Hopefully this makes sense, but most other clubs now have the forward hitting the line off 2nd/3rd receiver, so they can punch through the line, rather than run up to it.

A prime example of this was the Nelson Asofo-Solomona > Cronk try yesterday. Forward breaking the line from halves play, and halves backing up once the tackle was broken.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
BIG story in the Mole in @LeagueWeek tomorrow - the @NRL_Bulldogs board members gunning for Des Hasler - and who they want to replace him!

Status
Not open for further replies.