News Bulldogs great Graeme Hughes says that 2019 will make or break Kieran Foran

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Take this season into consideration.... There are not a whole lot of teams that you can see comfortably making the 8 next year, bar the Roosters.. Storm will be without Billy... Sharks without Holmes, Lewis, and Graham for a chunk of the season.. With so much inconsistency among all the other teams, the competition will be wide open... our boys are working hard, morale is up and there is a real buzz around the club... I've got us playing finals footy

Mate sharks replaced Holmes with Shaun Johnson

Not much of a loss actually o anything a gain

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"..break & Kieran Foran".. always seem to be in the same sentence..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You spend your whole time bagging everything Dogs yet hold them to finishing better the 10th? If anything surely a spot higher than wooden spoon would be good or better than you expect? You send mixed messages.

I think anything 10th or better would be a logical expectation with minimum Top 8 in 2020 and Top 4 2021.
No I don't. Where I think we will finish and where we should be finishing are two different things.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He needs to forget the crabbing across field and run that direct line he scored tries off (assists from Foran and Eastwood)
Yeah he will have to improve. Martin is on a small one year deal. If martin out plays him he might be in trouble if they decide to offload to cater for martin. We wont keep them all at end of year one or two backrowers will go. Some team will want them.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is it your understanding that we will big players in the players market at the end of 2019 leading into 2020???
No not big just need a hooker and outside back all else falling into place nicely, rookies will improve and be ready to take on superman and batman combined.

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
8th should be the pass mark. Anything less isn’t really good enough if we’re expecting improvements on last year.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nailed it brother
I’m really looking forward to about halfway through the season where the positive and negative people go head to head on the kennel. It’s gonna be “I told you we’ll go well this year, where are all those negative Nancy’s” or it will be “I told you our squad, Napa and our coach are shit.”

This is going to be fun. Get your popcorn ready, the action is going to be on the kennel not on the field. LOL

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m really looking forward to about halfway through the season where the positive and negative people go head to head on the kennel. It’s gonna be “I told you we’ll go well this year, where are all those negative Nancy’s” or it will be “I told you our squad, Napa and our coach are shit.”

This is going to be fun. Get your popcorn ready, the action is going to be on the kennel not on the field. LOL
So am I being positive or negative when I say we should be finishing 8th?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd say Positive, but depends on what shit we have to put up with again. Yeah might have some Blue and White goggles on from time to time, but some shit is flat out blatant wrong. Make the 8 pass for me. Bit optimistic maybe, but not out of the question.

I dont htink our squad is that bad to be honest, we have some spots with competiton to fill, others not so much. But hey can only be postive. A bit of agression and youth could do wonders.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So am I being positive or negative when I say we should be finishing 8th?
I don't know bro, I can't work you out. You hit with angles...lol

Just commenting on how funny it's going to be with everyone on here doing the "I told you so" regarding everything.
Pay, the Napa signing, how klemmer goes at the knights(was he a loss or not to us) our outside backs potential, Foran breaking down or playing a full season, Meaney etc etc.
But mostly how we go as a team. I think it's just a big unknown in 2019. I really won't be surprised if we finish top 4(like 2009 after finishing wooden spooners in 2008)) and it really wouldn't surprise me if we finish 15th.
This is one year that will be hard to predict. I'm sitting on the fence.

Marley, one thing i'll put my balls on the line for is LFC. I know it's still early in the season, but if we beat Man C in a couple of weeks time, I'm gonna say we'll win our first top flight league title since 1990. I'm hanging for it...lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Just commenting on how funny it's going to be with everyone on here doing the "I told you so" regarding everything.
Pay, the Napa signing, how klemmer goes at the knights(was he a loss or not to us) our outside backs potential, Foran breaking down or playing a full season, Meaney etc etc.
But mostly how we go as a team. I think it's just a big unknown in 2019. I really won't be surprised if we finish top 4(like 2009 after finishing wooden spooners in 2008)) and it really wouldn't surprise me if we finish 15th.

Marley, one thing i'll put my balls on the line for is LFC. I know it's still early in the season, but if we beat Man C in a couple of weeks time, I'm gonna say we'll win our first top flight league title since 1990. I'm hanging for it...lol
It's because where I think we will finish and where we should finish are different things lol. But I can't see us being top 4 or challenging for the Premiership, we don't have anywhere near enough points in our spine unless something major happens.

Liverpool just need to keep on winning, easy hahaha.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

As if that's not hard enough, to add another layer of difficulty we have the coach merry go round, the Tigers possibly having to shed a $700K player plus the Sharks in 2 piles of deep poo. With the salary cap audit still underway, recommencing in the New Year after a Xmas break, who knows what that will turn up.

Picking where we will finish also requires that we untangle others teams' messes.

Go Dogs

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
16 teams. Top 8 above ave. Bottom 8 below ave. How a team can be below ave and get a pass mark?
Not making top 8 is definitely below ave by dogs standard. Just take a look at our history and let me know when was the last time a coach took more than 2 years to get us to finals.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
16 teams. Top 8 above ave. Bottom 8 below ave. How a team can be below ave and get a pass mark?
Not making top 8 is definitely below ave by dogs standard. Just take a look at our history and let me know when was the last time a coach took more than 2 years to get us to finals.
Chris Anderson. Missed the finals in 1990, 91 & 92.

Reason= Same sort of situation as now. A shit load of experienced players left the club. It took us years to make the finals again. We played some brilliant entertaining football at that time, especially in 1991. A rebuild was needed and we rocketed back into contention in 93 with a minor premiership. That’s why patience is needed. We’ll get there.

Just a question, if the top 8 is above average and the bottom 8 is below average, then what do you consider average? Lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Reason= Same sort of situation as now. A shit load of experienced players left the club. It took us years to make the finals again. We played some brilliant entertaining football at that time, especially in 1991. A rebuild was needed and we rocketed back into contention in 93 with a minor premiership. That’s why patience is needed. We’ll get there.

Just a question, if the top 8 is above average and the bottom 8 is below average, then what do you consider average? Lol
Manchester United.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1st = ideal.
2nd to 7th = above average.
8th and 9th = average.
10th to 13th = below average.
14th to 16th = unacceptable.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No in btwn bro. Above or below ave. Lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please. I'd have Holmes over Shaun Johnson any day.
So you would rather a winger over a quality halfback ?
A golden boot halfback who also kicks goals?

Fuck my dead some of you a fucken twisted!!!

Holmes is good don’t get me wrong but Johnson is a quality halfback that can run