News Bulldogs great Graeme Hughes says that 2019 will make or break Kieran Foran

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
take 1.2 million dollars out of any team and youll find its a great disadvantage..
And I'm not even including the sum of the other contracts we are still paying for, for players at other clubs
I don't believe that next season we are paying for anyone at any other club.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who cares. All I hear is you getting shit excuses ready so you can defend your daddy Pay when he fails. Our forward pack is more than capable of keeping us in most games next season while Pay also has players he wanted and has had a season to learn from his mistakes. Then again we're only having 1 trial so I guess he hasn't learnt shit
Here we go ... He is back.. I put evidence forward as to why we may struggle and you got to carry on like a muppet.. grow up ...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that next season we are paying for anyone at any other club.

Go Dogs
"Don't believe" or "Know".. to vastly different meanings..

I don't pretend to have inside info, but all I know is that I would struggle to think that all of our books are in order now all things considered.. If they are then the board has done a better job then I thought...

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am also... but some of the pessimists on here can only see the negative in anything and everything.... Steve had the ISP players playing that 1% footy that first grade coaches strive for with their teams... Really good appointment... The rookies brought much needed enthusiasm to our team and then you add Napa and CHN to that, we're going to be jumping out of the blocks
As well as a fit RFM mate..reckon he's going to kill it this year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"Don't believe" or "Know".. to vastly different meanings..
I don't pretend to have inside info, but all I know is that I would struggle to think that all of our books are in order now all things considered.. If they are then the board has done a better job then I thought...
I did post "believe" and that belief is based on knowledge accumulated from multiple sources. The co payments for Graham and Reynolds expired last season, as was reported. Mbye and Woods were reported as one year only, so they too shouldn't be in force next year. That's 4 of the 5 ex Bulldogs players reported as having co payments. The 5th I understand was Kasiano, but that expired last season as well. Both Woods and Graham took pay cuts to join their new clubs, so we weren't funding the full gap between what they were being paid by us and what their new teams were paying.

I know a lot of emphasis was placed on the early to mid season reporting of "issues until 2021" but a lot of things have happened since, brought about by deliberate actions from the retentions and recruitment team. Not just shedding players but renewing contracts without back ended payments.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did post "believe" and that belief is based on knowledge accumulated from multiple sources. The co payments for Graham and Reynolds expired last season, as was reported. Mbye and Woods were reported as one year only, so they too shouldn't be in force next year. That's 4 of the 5 ex Bulldogs players reported as having co payments. The 5th I understand was Kasiano, but that expired last season as well. Both Woods and Graham took pay cuts to join their new clubs, so we weren't funding the full gap between what they were being paid by us and what their new teams were paying.

I know a lot of emphasis was placed on the early to mid season reporting of "issues until 2021" but a lot of things have happened since, brought about by deliberate actions from the retentions and recruitment team. Not just shedding players but renewing contracts without back ended payments.

Go Dogs
So is it your understanding that we will big players in the players market at the end of 2019 leading into 2020???

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was good but it helps when the shit opposition coach doesn't play a pressing defence.
I say sucktin to him for parking the bus. He copped goals from deflections. Pay back for Chelsea game(Stevie G slip game) in 2014.
Did you see the way JM carried on at the end. We should of just settled for a draw, that way we wouldn't have pressed in attack against Palace and we would of defended our lead instead of chasing goals to catch City on goal differential.
That would of been the title then and there. Bad strategy from Rogers. I was burning

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I say sucktin to him for parking the bus. He copped goals from deflections. Pay back for Chelsea game(Stevie G slip game) in 2014.
Did you see the way JM carried on at the end. We should of just settled for a draw, that way we wouldn't have pressed in attack against Palace and we would of defended our lead instead of chasing goals to catch City on goal differential.
That would of been the title then and there. Bad strategy from Rogers. I was burning
I thought us Liverpool supporters vowed never to speak of that 2014 Chelsea game ever again :cry:..

I remember watching the game live... my heart broke knowing that our campaign was over, and it broke a second time knowing that it was as a result of a mistake of one of our best ever.. I'm not sure iv ever been more cut after a game of soccer..

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early prediction. RFM will be the best backrower in the game by years end. The guys a beast.
Big call ! I hope u are right but his defence will have to improve a bit, he needs to bend and use his shoulder a bit more imo. Im glad his a bulldog we have a lot of talent coming into the right age of there careers shortly.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So is it your understanding that we will big players in the players market at the end of 2019 leading into 2020???
From NRL publishings next season is the end of contract for;
Danny Fualalo
Fa’amanu Brown
Francis Tualau
Michael Lichaa
Ofahiki Ogden
Reimis Smith
Rhyse Martin

Added to the roughly calculated $550k still available, should enable some decent acquisitions next year. Plus we will have another season of development of the younger guys as well.

Go Dogs

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Early prediction. RFM will be the best backrower in the game by years end. The guys a beast.
He’s got a long, long way to go. All he has shown so far are glimpses of being a half decent player

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
From NRL publishings next season is the end of contract for;
Danny Fualalo
Fa’amanu Brown
Francis Tualau
Michael Lichaa
Ofahiki Ogden
Reimis Smith
Rhyse Martin

Added to the roughly calculated $550k still available, should enable some decent acquisitions next year. Plus we will have another season of development of the younger guys as well.

Go Dogs
reimis was extended wasn't he ??

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we beat all of those teams last year bar the Storm Rabbits and Rooters... we'll be right... Other than those three, I think we're a pretty even match with most of the other teams.
Still can't believe we lost to the Bunnies on good Friday mate...GRRRRRRRRRR!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pass mark is a subjective term.
For me;
pass = top 8
Outside the 8 = depends on the way we’ve played.
But success is never subjective.
Every team aspires to win, anything other than a premiership is an unsuccessful season.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Big call ! I hope u are right but his defence will have to improve a bit, he needs to bend and use his shoulder a bit more imo. Im glad his a bulldog we have a lot of talent coming into the right age of there careers shortly.
He needs to forget the crabbing across field and run that direct line he scored tries off (assists from Foran and Eastwood)

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’ve lost Klemmer and the Morris brothers and replaced them with a front rower who has zero attacking threat and no backs of any note ..... sadly I’d take 10th

That front rower with zero attacking threat will make Klemmer pee in his pants and not run at him.

Don’t you worry Napa will turn out to be a great signing.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Looks like everyone is just getting excuses ready for Pay.
You spend your whole time bagging everything Dogs yet hold them to finishing better the 10th? If anything surely a spot higher than wooden spoon would be good or better than you expect? You send mixed messages.

I think anything 10th or better would be a logical expectation with minimum Top 8 in 2020 and Top 4 2021.