Bulldogs Grant Barba a Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
He 100% has a replacement, and someone good. Des told Zorba this week that he has found a replacement for Barba and it's someone that can play. I highly doubt it's someone mediocre like Moltzen or Beale. Anyway St George are going to need Beale because Glassman Dugan only plays 12 weeks per season.

My guess is Ferguson but man I hope Blue&White is right and it's Izzy!
It's chase Stanley unfortunately

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Ferguson talk has got to be a smoke screen, we don't employ a female ceo then follow that good press up with signing the groper.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not so much that he has left. I just think how he has gone about things has shown that he has poor character.

Before people say 'clubs are disloyal too, they cut players if they're not good enough', I want to note that my problem here is the reasoning and behaviour of Ben Barba. Players know if they aren't good enough at rugby league, they won't make it. It's a very basic and understandable premise and you pursue that dream with this premise in mind. Making it in professional sport is risky.

I understand kids are important. But I'm sure Barba isn't the only player in the NRL with family in another state. It's not an entirely unique situation. From the mental issues to dealing with his ex moving to Queensland, Barba has unsettled the team and plagued our performances all season long. We stood by him during the first saga, we helped him and did everything to get him back on the field.

To me, the kids excuse is weak. He's a professional, it's about sourcing income to provide for your family and yourself. Plenty of fathers with young families go to other countries to earn less than Barba did at the Dogs.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
It's been on Brisbane radio all day. Good luck to the Broncos, he is your problem now.

markyw78

Waterboy
Reaction score
Glad to see him go. His attitude throughout the year has been shite, there are more deserving players who will respect the blue and white jersey. He can go and self destruct somewhere else. Hes someone elses problem now

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Go through the available fullbacks. Slater, no way will he leave Melbourne and no way we want him. Bowen, too old. Stewart, won't leave the SeaEagles although is a great fullback and would love to have him. Contracts mean nothing so if we throw money at someone we should be able to get who we want. I want Inglis. Surely he can be released on compassionate grounds from the Bunnies?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
He is yet to sign with union
Except for that intercept on Saturday he could have been sitting in the first row and nobody would have noticed. Seriously playing on the wing in the wallabies is like trying to play tennis with your hands in your pockets. I hope he has seen what a pathetic spectacle international rugby is. I say that as a life long rugby supporter/player/defender of the game

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just because the Broncos take over his current agreement, doesn't mean he won't be looked after in other ways.

Besides, if the contracts are already signed, that means Broncos approached a current player and enticed him to break his contract.

His kids and partner are heading back to Mackay apparentely.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Just because the Broncos take over his current agreement, doesn't mean he won't be looked after in other ways.

Besides, if the contracts are already signed, that means Broncos approached a current player and enticed him to break his contract.

His kids and partner are heading back to Mackay apparentely.
It's hard to prove that. Manly could say the same about us

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing new here, we gotta concentrate on knocking the Panthers off in fine form.

Status
Not open for further replies.