Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs Grant Barba a Release

Wednesday 28 August 2013 1:28 PM

The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs have today agreed to Ben Barba’s request that he be released from the final two years of his contract on compassionate grounds.
The terms of the release will see Barba complete his duties with the Bulldogs for the remainder of the 2013 season and then the Broncos will transfer Ben’s current contract for seasons 2014 and 2015, with new terms agreed for 2016

The Broncos will pay the Bulldogs a level of compensation that has been agreed as reasonable by both parties.

Bulldogs CEO Raelene Castle today acknowledged the patience shown by all parties in finding a suitable resolution for a complex situation.

“There were many complicated elements that needed to be considered around Ben’s request for a release and we’re pleased to have achieved a result that leaves everyone comfortable with the outcome,” Castle said.

“While we have worked extremely hard with Ben, with his football and with his personal life, we accept that both of those things will be better if he is with family.

“We have confidence in our current roster, we have strong talent as part of our program and we have one of the best coaches in the game to continue to deliver results.”

Barba says he appreciates the support shown by the Bulldogs.

“Today I agreed to terms with the Brisbane Broncos which will allow me to move to Queensland with my family,” Barba said. “I would like to thank the Bulldogs for their understanding of my personal circumstances and for their total support throughout my career.

“I would like to now focus on getting back on the field and finishing the year on a positive note in the blue and white.”

Source: http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-display/Bulldogs-Grant-Barba-a-Release/83093

Well Ladies and Gentlemen its official now.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cue Folau's signature... Please.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Bulldogs Grant Barba a Release
“I would like to now focus on getting back on the field and finishing the year on a positive note in the blue and white.”

hope he means it.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Awaiting the official response from Rodzilla

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know how he said he wants to get back on the field. Lets not be surprised if he comes back this week or next. Then he will begin his 2012 form from and i suspect a premiership for 2013 tbh :D

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What a glorious day. Sounds like Zorba was on the money again, we must have a replacement already locked in.

*does a happy dance*

Here's to a drama free 2014!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is a video in the link of Zap interviewing Bobar

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Thank God it's over, don't need anymore drama and he has cause them all year long. I hope this means we have a big name coming in but if not, Morris will do!!

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Can we have a raffle to see who gets to shut the plane door behind him...

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Can we have a raffle to see who gets to shut the plane door behind him...
I have already packed his belongings:grinning: perhaps someone else can volunteer to give him a lift to the airport? with the honour of shutting the plan door of course.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
PLEASE sign Folau now.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this is an excellent day tbh, but i dont want him to complete the duties

last time he re-entered the team we took a few steps backwards

Moe