Bulldogs give Indian student a chance to win $1 million with one kick at goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dunno but im not that impressed someone from a village in India got the chance, it should have been an Aussie. What about keeping Aussie money in Australia (if he won)? Should have been restricted to Aussie residents. The guy hadnt even heard of the dogs or NRL. Im thinking that they preferred him because he was buckleys chance of actually kicking it.
It's pretty clear it was just a publicity stunt, and it has given them the publicity they wanted.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dunno but im not that impressed someone from a village in India got the chance, it should have been an Aussie. What about keeping Aussie money in Australia (if he won)? Should have been restricted to Aussie residents. The guy hadnt even heard of the dogs or NRL. Im thinking that they preferred him because he was buckleys chance of actually kicking it.
I agree about keeping Australian money in Australia, and can't argue with your reasoning, but I can't help but think of the feel good story had he had kicked it and the difference that money could have made to his pitiful community, but yeah charity starts at home and that money could have helped a battling Aussie family too

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dunno but im not that impressed someone from a village in India got the chance, it should have been an Aussie. What about keeping Aussie money in Australia (if he won)? Should have been restricted to Aussie residents. The guy hadnt even heard of the dogs or NRL. Im thinking that they preferred him because he was buckleys chance of actually kicking it. In the end it was like he didnt even try. Kinda walked up and tapped it. Not like someone kicking for a million. If he knew he had to kick a goal for a mill beforehand, which he did, logic says he would have spent days and nghts practicing goals beforehand and would have done a lot better than he did. Then he won a bike he cant use. Poor promotion IMO.
I don't think Easy Forex is an Australian company (it wasn't "Aussie money" except in terms of what currency it was in), so they were looking for global exposure for their brand through their competition.

He had the choice of taking $20K instead, why he took the bike will forever remain a mystery to us all.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Easy Forex is an Australian company (it wasn't "Aussie money" except in terms of what currency it was in), so they were looking for global exposure for their brand through their competition.

He had the choice of taking $20K instead, why he took the bike will forever remain a mystery to us all.
No it's not! It's owned by an Israeli Jewish dude! They paid a 38k premium to an insurance company that was going to pay the 1 million if the kick was successful. But the insurance company sent out some guy who placed the kicking tee awkwardly for all 3 kicks. A Bulldog official said that even a professional would find it hard to kick! Insurance companies..enough said!! Easy forex was not happy, let me tell you! And it was a legitimate selection. 6,000 traders had applied.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No it's not! It's owned by an Israeli Jewish dude! They paid a 38k premium to an insurance company that was going to pay the 1 million if the kick was successful. But the insurance company sent out some guy who placed the kicking tee awkwardly for all 3 kicks. A Bulldog official said that even a professional would find it hard to kick! Insurance companies..enough said!! Easy forex was not happy, let me tell you! And it was a legitimate selection. 6,000 traders had applied.
Just watched the footage again. I don't know if the kicking tee was placed incorrectly, but it was a very small tee to say the least & gave him no help getting any elevation on the kick.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
would the motorbike sell for more than 20k?

btw yes the fix was in, but for $1m it shouldn't be a gift

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
would the motorbike sell for more than 20k?

btw yes the fix was in, but for $1m it shouldn't be a gift
Can't find the page but I think I read that to win his chance at the kick he nailed 9000 profitable trades at 95% success rate, which is a Rainman effort. Deserved $1M just for that, or at the *very* least not to be nobbled in his attempt.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the footage again. I don't know if the kicking tee was placed incorrectly, but it was a very small tee to say the least & gave him no help getting any elevation on the kick.
The guy dug it right into the ground. The tee I mean. And this Indian cat had been practising with Hazem apparently.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Apparently the Parramatta Eels recruitment staff were in the crowd watching this bloke kick..... They think he has potential and are about to offer him a contract for next year... LOL

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Apparently the Parramatta Eels recruitment staff were in the crowd watching this bloke kick..... They think he has potential and are about to offer him a contract for next year... LOL
Dam! What with that State of Origin streaker, Sandow and now this guy all in the starting squad next year. Watch out for Parra.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This poor kid has a very interesting life story, he lost his mother when he was 5 in the bombay riots and was basically raised by his older brother until they were seperated
and only got back together years later when he was around 18. his brother was a bit of bad arse and hung out with a drug lord and he was shot and killed shortly after they reunited
the kid eventully got back with his girlfriend who was also seperated from him years earlier, turns out she had been forced into prostitution
i hope things work out for them.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With whatever money he makes from selling the bike I'm sure he'll be able to trade it up to plenty, good luck to the poor bloke.

N

Natboy

I felt sorry for him. I don't know what training he was doing! Good kickers would be able to kick it even without a tee so I don't think it was that. I at least thought he would go close

Status
Not open for further replies.