Bulldogs give Barba blessing for Sydney return, Reni Maitua future to be determined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...-cronulla-sharks/story-fndv2w3r-1227102118358

CANTERBURY chief executive Raelene Castle claims the Bulldogs would have no issue with Ben Barba attempting to extend his career in Sydney after he walked out on the club.
Citing family reasons, Barba was granted a release with two years remaining on his deal at the Bulldogs to join his ex-partner and two children in Brisbane.
The decision to let Barba go was a delicate call for Castle, with the talented fullback a favourite among fans following his stunning 2012 Dally M Medal-winning season.
Such was the emotion around the decision at the time, Castle lobbied the NRL to implement a player exit fee for those who break contracts.
Now just 12 months into his deal with the Broncos, Barba could be on the move, with Cronulla poised to pounce.

The Sharks believe Barba is an ideal halves option following the sacking of five-eighth Todd Carney.
Asked if the Bulldogs would have an issue with Barba taking up a deal at the Sharks, or any other club, Castle replied: “Once we agreed on settlement with the Broncos, he was a free agent to do whatever he wanted to do.
“We wish him all the best now. We hope that he can find a place where he can play some good footy. Even it’s in Sydney, so be it.’’
Should Barba return to Sydney, his greatest challenge will be avoiding the off-field issues which led to him spending time in rehab in 2013.
Meanwhile, Castle added that the future of forward Reni Maitua, who was stood down and fined $10,000 ahead of last night’s Four Nations match between Samoa and England, would be determined once the tournament is over.
EBC here comes Barba!!!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Seriously who cares. We've proven that he needed us fat more than we needed him. I have heard that his manager did sound out the possibility of him coming back to us but i can't confirm that. If what I heard is the truth though we politely told them no way in hell

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I said in another thread I would like our club to be strong on an issue like this for once. I would expect them to say we released Barba for family reasons to play in Brisbane and nowhere else.

If Bennett does not see him in his plans then let him rot in Qld cup.

All the bs castle went on about with him having to be on the same salary at the Broncos now goes out the window if he signs elsewhere. Sorry but we're too weak at times

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He won't attract more money than he is currently on...

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
who cares what ben barba does or plays. He was knocking on the origin door with us, now he is looking at being dropped to NSW cup.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im more excited about our chances of another genuine premier ship charge in 2015 , 2016. Not a bulldog not our "problem"

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see the club make a stand on this issue not only as revenge but also for the good of the game. It would stop other players breaking their contracts citing " homesickness" .contracts are not worth the paper they are written on these days because of grubs like Barba.
It is in our interest and the games interest to block any possibility for Barba to play for any other club other than a Brisbane based one.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said in another thread I would like our club to be strong on an issue like this for once. I would expect them to say we released Barba for family reasons to play in Brisbane and nowhere else.

If Bennett does not see him in his plans then let him rot in Qld cup.

All the bs castle went on about with him having to be on the same salary at the Broncos now goes out the window if he signs elsewhere. Sorry but we're too weak at times
Exactly !!!! Someone needs to stand up to this shite once and for all. Shame on you Raelene !

D

DoggyStylz

Ben Barbra should of done the respectful gesture when he wanted to leave the dogs by jumping on a plane a midnight and p!ssing off to France for a short stint. Then when he would return he would be embraced by the NRL and the daily telucrap

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our club has more class than some of our posters which includes myself. Personally I still want to see rat boy fall flat on his face but a small portion of me is glad his gone lol.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Honestly who cares? We have moved on, Castle obviously doesn't want a bar of him. For her to take a hard stance means it will be drawn out in the media again. We don't need the headaches.
We are now #twinning and another premiership is in our sites.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs give Barba blessing for Sydney return, Reni Maitua future to be dete...

I hope josh reynolds trips him and breaks his ankle. I'll gladly pay the fine and will STICK by him during his trial. And then laugh when barba cries on the floor and acts like a wimp.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maybe Barbas marriage didnt work out so it doesnt matter if he lives up there near them now. Either way nobody cares now because we all know hes past it, and cant get his old form back with his stuffed ankle. He wont be a "superstar" ever again even if he wanted to.

And Reni. He has to go to the principals office after class (the tournament). Wonder if he will get garbage duty, 6 of the best or expelled?

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Barba, Barba, who the f*** is Barba?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh oh can I do the honors ' why is Barba being discussed in the bulldogs forum? '
Because the article is about our club saying they don't give a crap where he goes.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what would happen if we sign him... what would you guys do? lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Castle is doing the right thing. We were supposed to have moved on a long time ago.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuçk him.
He can come and fuçk up any Sydney team he wants, so long as it's not us !
I'm glad his career is falling apart though

Status
Not open for further replies.