Bulldogs freeze on contract upgrades

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So everything is on freeze while we acquire;

- Fat **** Meehan who will instil fear with Hethrington in all our oppositions by shadow boxing

- Dufty to play either FB, Hooker or Centre

- Hynes to play either FB or 5/8

- Toby Rudolfs brother to come off the bench

- Lodge to start in the front row

- Kane Evans to come off the bench (should also get a cameo with Meehan and Hethrington with the shadow boxing)

- Blake Laurie to come onto the bench as well

- Capewell to line up beside Burto

- Matterson straight into the 17

Have i missed anyone?

Thoughts on Sandow and Bevan French?

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So everything is on freeze while we acquire;

- Fat **** Meehan who will instil fear with Hethrington in all our oppositions by shadow boxing

- Dufty to play either FB, Hooker or Centre

- Hynes to play either FB or 5/8

- Toby Rudolfs brother to come off the bench

- Lodge to start in the front row

- Kane Evans to come off the bench (should also get a cameo with Meehan and Hethrington with the shadow boxing)

- Blake Laurie to come onto the bench as well

- Capewell to line up beside Burto

- Matterson straight into the 17

Have i missed anyone?

Thoughts on Sandow and Bevan French?
Seriously dude.....

How can you leave out Taumalolo and Haas?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
can see this season getting alot worse if players have been told they wont be getting a contract next year. Its the right move for the club and im glad they have done it, but does players will be putting in no effort at all
What's wrong with these players realising the remainder of the year is their only chance to impress any future league coach?

It's crazy that they don't seem to have realised it from Nov 1 last year!

That's how dumb our players really are I'm afraid.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For Hopoate it's ability/pace (also breaking the attacking play down), not effort. You can try as hard as you want but the game has moved past him unfortunately. A massive decline this year specifically (same as Tolman in his last year).
He's also getting burned by younger more agile centres. Couldn't keep up with Kelly over the weekend - I know we were already on the back foot in each of those scenarios, but once his opposition gets past his outside shoulder that's all she wrote. I've got PTSD from Herbie Farnworth making him look like he was on his treadmill from the Brisbane game.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor must be glad that he's sitting out injured. Otherwise he'd be judged with the rest of the teams performance. That one game that he played before he got injured might be enough to survive the cull.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellamy has said, they want a quality replacement player, if they don't get one B Smith isn't going anywhere. I would say Remis Smith was the player
He isn’t part of the deal he has been there for while now and is playing good footy if it was going to happen it would’ve by now. He toured the Belmore ground. Met the people he needs too. Been offered shit load of money and starting hooker spot. He won’t be coming to bulldogs

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one that thinks this

Dude hasn’t fired a shot since
But it would be hard as a hooker to play behind this pack. Its constantly getting dominated, that means piss all fast play the balls for him to run, mostly slow crap against set lines and two markers.

I agree though, he still has to find a way to be better.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a positive step in the right direction, good stuff.!!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To rid the club of the loser mentality, you show the lot the door, clean slate

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Aside from Renouf and maybe Okunbur and Meaney, there's no one you'd even consider re-signing.

They better announce some quality signings soon though otherwise they'll be forced to panic buy to fill out the squad and make up 95% of the cap.
Even then, you'd probably just pick one between Okunbor & Meaney. Maybe Ava Seumanufagai if he shows something between now and the end of the year and it would have to be on min.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like this approach.
No more stupid anxiety driven signings cause we have to sign someone NNNNOOOOWWWW

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean, here's the full list of off-contract players & my thoughts on if we should keep or let them go (Per NRL.com contracts tracker)

• Britt (Go)
  • Crichton (Go)
  • Tyrone Harding (Already released?)
  • Will Hopoate (Go to England)
  • S Katoa (Go to England)
  • T Katoa (Go)
  • Lachlan Lewis (Go)
  • JMK (Go)
  • Meany (Go)
  • Napa (Go)
  • Ogden (Don't mind if he stays or leaves)
  • Okunbor (Stay)
  • Roumanos (Go)
  • Seumanufagai (Don't mind either)
  • Chris Smith (Don't mind either)
  • Atoni (Stay)

So that's - 2 stays, 3 don't mind if they stay or go.
This is my exact sentiments on these.
For a while I was hoping Lewis could add utility factor, but not looking likely.

Id love to add Wakeham and Elliot to the GO list

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You'd think most of the players in our squad already had a contract elsewhere otherwise they're just committing career suicide.

We need a similar clean out to the one we had from 2008 -> 2009 and it's shaping up to be quite similar. The Broncos players we signed for 2009 all had a massive winning mentality and it showed the moment they all came to us.

Now next year we've got Addo Carr and Burton who are both from the top 2 teams in the NRL