News Bulldogs face ‘big’ call on star recruit — but 86-year low proves problem goes much deeper

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the criticism is warranted to an extent I cannot argue. I wouldn’t be giving up on him as I don’t think there is a halfback in existence that could turn our fortunes around. We need
1, 9,10,11,17 in order to compete. I think we are underestimating what Burton is going to bring which will make Flanagans job easier. A genuine FB would be nice. With Tedesco, Keary and Friend Flanagans role was a structured one which he doesn’t have the luxury of with us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All the criticism is warranted to an extent I cannot argue. I wouldn’t be giving up on him as I don’t think there is a halfback in existence that could turn our fortunes around. We need
1, 9,10,11,17 in order to compete. I think we are underestimating what Burton is going to bring which will make Flanagans job easier. A genuine FB would be nice. With Tedesco, Keary and Friend Flanagans role was a structured one which he doesn’t have the luxury of with us.
Make Flanagan's job easier? LOL. Thats meant to be his job. Facts are that Flanagan is simply shit, people need to stop spinning it any other way until he actually does something.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone criticising Flanagan certainly have some merit. But what they need to realise is that quality halfbacks are as rare as rocking horse shit these days. And when clubs find them they don’t let them go.

Have the critics in here seen Chad Townsend play this year ? He is on $800k next year.

Luke Brooks ? Turd sandwich.

Without Tommy Turbo DCE was atrocious. Jake Clifford is similar age to Flanno and he got dumped for Ben farkin Hampton

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham and Averillo in the halves together, the past 3 seasons, has seen our best halves combination (excluding foran with anyone).

Bring back wakeham!!!!!!!!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wakeham and Averillo in the halves together, the past 3 seasons, has seen our best halves combination (excluding foran with anyone).

Bring back wakeham!!!!!!!!
Has to happen. Give him until round 15 tbh.

Even play Flanagan as hooker until Dietz can play 80mins.

ANYONE but Katoa loll

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can make his job easier if you like...sack the dumb mug and he can line up at Centrelink

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is that 260k for this year and 360k for the next two? Thats seems quite reasonable for a rookie half with potential. I know he has been playing poorly, but i still reckon with Burton beside him he will do okay. IMO, Baz can coach hime to run a game plan and leave the creative stuff to Burton. Throw in some pace out wide, cheese at 9 and some strength through the middle and we will be competitive.
the fact that Flanagan is a goal kicker, is not on big money and that we were targeting Burton to partner Flanagan in the halves meant I supported his signing at the time

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
With 21 a write off and Burton and JAC coming in 22 they still need to be surrounded by a competitive team who can defend, complete sets and decide whether a grubber or high kick is best.
Its back to basics and there is plenty to play for.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If baz is trying to turn flanno into Cleary who is trying to turn Waddell into?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Should never have been signed in the first place
Since when did we sign rooster rejects ?
Not even fg standard imo

fair enough to blame the forwards for not getting a roll on
But yesterday his kick on the first and getting tackled twice on the last in the opp 10 were pathetic

he isn’t a halfbacks arsehole and nor will ever be
Another dud panic buy.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If baz is trying to turn flanno into Cleary who is trying to turn Waddell into?
I think it pretty clear that Barrett was looking to shape the squad to the new rules and wanted more mobile, better conditioned forwards... hence, Hetherington and Waddell brought in, Tolman not re-signed etc.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bailey Boindi Odo should step up now and by the time burton comes here maybe can slot him in round 1

Same size as A reynolds and shits all over flano
injured

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone criticising Flanagan certainly have some merit. But what they need to realise is that quality halfbacks are as rare as rocking horse shit these days. And when clubs find them they don’t let them go.

Have the critics in here seen Chad Townsend play this year ? He is on $800k next year.

Luke Brooks ? Turd sandwich.

Without Tommy Turbo DCE was atrocious. Jake Clifford is similar age to Flanno and he got dumped for Ben farkin Hampton
I guess we are on the same page. He is young and made first grade with heaps of room for improvement. I’m not sure what other 7 in the Comp would be able would be able to make an impact with the roster we have. Just like Barrett Flanagan will benefit from the additional troops we get in next season.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can make his job easier if you like...sack the dumb mug and he can line up at Centrelink
I understand where you are coming from I just think it’s premature to write him off when he is in a dud side. The rebuild goes on.....