Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜʟʟ ᴘɪɴ ᴏɴ $1.6ᴍ ᴘᴜʀꜱᴜɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛᴇʀʀᴇʟʟ ᴍᴀʏ

Via Telegraph Sport
By Brent Read and Michael Carayannis✍

The Bulldogs are ready to pull the pin on their $1.6 million pursuit of Terrell May amid concerns over the glacial pace of talks with the Sydney Roosters prop.

This masthead understands that the Dogs also harbour doubts over May’s desire to change clubs after he left his long-time agent Matt Desira and joined a rival stable, fearing it is a sign that he is likely to stay at the Roosters.

May, off contract at the end of the season, had spoken openly of his desire to play alongside his brothers Taylan and Tyrone at some point in the future and the Bulldogs had indicated a willingness to at least consider signing all three – they tabled a deal for Tyrone last year but withdrew the contract offer amid concerns over his past.

Terrell was the most advanced in talks with the club, the parties having spoken about a long term deal from 2025 that would have given him a significant pay rise from next season.

However, it is understood those talks now stand on the verge of collapse and the Bulldogs are resigned to looking elsewhere for big men capable of filling a gaping void in their front row stocks.

The Bulldogs have had little luck in their pursuit of a front rower. They had hoped to sign former Roosters star Siosiua Taukeiaho for this season but he failed a medical on his knee and returned to French Super League side Catalans.

May was an even more prized target given he is only 24 and entering the prime of his career, having played 17 games last season for the Roosters last season and become a valuable member of their pack.

The Bulldogs were prepared to give him a deal that reflected their belief that he was capable of becoming one of the best front rowers in the game.

However, talks have dragged on for weeks and the ‘Dogs have grown increasingly pessimistic about their chances of luring him away from the Roosters.

With May expected to stay at Bondi Junction, the Bulldogs are now expected to shift their attention elsewhere as they look to find an enforcer capable of helping them dominate the middle of the field.
Another one missed

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
How is this being span as “missed” if we are walking instead of being played?

Deadset clowns.

I’m not sure what’s going on and could be a ploy to try and make them hurry up. Or could be us saying we aren’t being ficked about cya

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Deadset clowns.

I’m not sure what’s going on and could be a ploy to try and make them hurry up. Or could be us saying we aren’t being ficked about cya
Something I have been thinking for weeks is why hasn’t Terrell re-signed with Rooster. They re-signed everyone but him. Could just be the previous re-signings were higher priority, but going off the latest news, on us pulling our offer, it makes me think there’s probably some issue with his manager. Might be difficult to deal with or something.

Who knows but I don’t really care. I prefer not to have Taylan the shitcunt at the club, nor do we need him and Terrell is not exactly a gun. He has potential but anything could happen with him going forward. If you look at the reggies game vs Bears last season, Hughes and Patolo were just as good as him. Hopefully Chris can get physically right, because he can be a decent bench prop. In the meantime Damon Marshall can build up for an NRL debut in 2025.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Either way the club can’t please some people.

- we make a offer and get turned down, it’s a fail because the club didn’t secure them against their will.

- we pay overs and get the signing, it’s a fail because we paid more than their worth.

if he was keen on joining us he wouldnt leave us hanging.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

- we make a offer and get turned down, it’s a fail because the club didn’t secure them against their will.

- we pay overs and get the signing, it’s a fail because we paid more than their worth.

Do we need props? Yes. Everyone knows that.

But, there's a bigger picture.

We once again go down that road of paying overs for players who haven't truly bought into our vision ... and it'll once again upset our whole recruitment and playing group.

Potential players will be asking for more.

Current players will be asking for more.

And we'll be back having people at the club who're playing for the $$$ rather than the badge.

None of us know what's going on behind the scenes, and how if this is true or not.

But ... at the very least we've got people in charge who're going to make decisions that are right for the club first and foremost.

I'm happy to see the club acting this way. That's for sure!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually think it's a good thing the club isn't getting pushed around anymore in negotiations with players.

May would have been offered a good deal and a massive upgrade, but if a player won't accept that offer or keeps you guessing and plays games, then it sends a strong message to other players and their managers that we won't be used a bargaining chip anymore and that we only want people who want to be here..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually think it's a good thing the club isn't getting pushed around anymore in negotiations with players.

May would have been offered a good deal and a massive upgrade, but if a player won't accept that offer or keeps you guessing and plays games, then it sends a strong message to other players and their managers that we won't be used a bargaining chip anymore and that we only want people who want to be here..
SPOT ON

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No. The issue is we have been going about it backwards. We have happily paid overs for wingers, back towers and centres but then Gus wants to lead with his ego and refuse to pay overs for key position players that we need like AFB. We are desprate for a good prop and needed to pay a bit of overs for Terrell and maybe for trayman too. Gould again thought that the “Gould factor” would be enough to get him over the line at market value or below. Again weve missed the mark. Terrell can stick with the roosters and look like a world beater and play finals footy for the same amount as we offered. Easy decision

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We are cellar dwellers that attitude wont work. Every single premium key position player we have chased has knocked us back under these same circumstances

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s almost always a waste of time to pursue a Roosters player that they want to keep. That soulless club will use every trick in the book - third party deals, promises of life after football, etc to keep their players. Club rightly should walk away if he’s playing games because Politis is whispering sweet nothings in his ear.
the salary cap is just a joke…if the roosters keep May then the NRL is a joke

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the salary cap is just a joke…if the roosters keep May then the NRL is a joke
The Salary Cap is a myth. The way it can “legally” be rorted with the NRL having no appetite to fix it.

Firstly I will say if any player doesn’t want to be a Bulldog. If they are stalling and playing games. I don’t care who they are. Or what we need. They should have their offer pulled and move on to find someone that wants to be here.

With Penrith being the other club he could land at aside from staying at the Rooster’s. The Salary Cap is a joke.

The sooner a draft is bought in the better. I know it failed the last time it was tried but make it a voluntary draft. Any player that goes through the draft gets the minimum wage component paid directly by the NRL. So a player has the potential to earn more money. With clubs using less money out of their cap.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Deadset clowns.

You must follow the clown logic:

No offer made = miss
Offer made but not accepted = miss
Players stays with their club / state / was never leaving = miss
Offer made and accepted = Paid overs = miss

Please save this post to your favourites

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

No offer made = miss

Should add as your signature

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

No offer made = miss

Ahh got it now. Thanks man

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not many clubs will sign 3 players if they only need 1 of them. We dont need them so no loss. I predict all 3 wont be playing for the same club next year