Bulldogs express interest in Panthers flyer Taylan May

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should only be looking at trayman May if we are shipping off JAC. Otherwise this is just an unnecessary use of cap as we are already flush for wingers. The May brothers package wont come for less than $1mil. We have jac, Kiraz, Wilson, skelton who can all do a good job on the wing for us. Secondly but equaly importantly - the May brothers do not given even the slightest single fuck about developing bulldogs DNA/mentality/culture whatever u wanna call it. All they care about is lining there pockets. We are a good club for a couple of mid tier players to do it and they know it and will squeeze every last penny out of us knowing we are desperate for more panther
Yeah perhaps not. Though 1M for 3 potentially top NRL players is pretty good. We know Terrell and Taylan are very good. Taylan was tearing it up on the wing. I though Tyrone was also pretty good playing half and utility. Though we don't need another utility player. But we may be good for reserves as an outside back.

I guess its too early to know how players like Taaffe and Xerri will pan out but they might not work out for us. Most of our new recruits only have a 2 year deal. Skelton, Sexton and Perham have not been resigned yet so they are also up in the air. So it may be that we are looking for outside backs in the next year or so anyway.

I think JAC may end up going as he seems to change clubs a lot. Though I hope he doesn't as he is a character and good icon for us. Kiraz is also good at centre or fullback for that matter. The same with Wilson. God I love that we have so many options and potential.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You already have. It's not that good, but it is different.
I think maybe theres some similarities with the Panthers and Dogs being that Gus played and coached at both clubs. But I think there is also the fact that both sides occupy the west of Sydney. The Bulldogs were a bit like the Panthers of the last 20 years around the 60's which represented a young and growing western suburbs of Sydney. The Panthers had just been established so the Berries along with Wests would have had much of the Panthers area to tap into.

So I guess both clubs have that western Sydney mentality which is as tough as nails and has always been the working and welfare class against the city folk like the Roosters and Manly. Its a bit different now and the Dogs are probably more citified and multicultural but that Bulldog mentality is still there, just adapted to modern times. So the Dogs can use that common culture with the Panthers to tap into and then add a Bulldogs twist lol.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah perhaps not. Though 1M for 3 potentially top NRL players is pretty good. We know Terrell and Taylan are very good. Taylan was tearing it up on the wing. I though Tyrone was also pretty good playing half and utility. Though we don't need another utility player. But we may be good for reserves as an outside back.

I guess its too early to know how players like Taaffe and Xerri will pan out but they might not work out for us. Most of our new recruits only have a 2 year deal. Skelton, Sexton and Perham have not been resigned yet so they are also up in the air. So it may be that we are looking for outside backs in the next year or so anyway.

I think JAC may end up going as he seems to change clubs a lot. Though I hope he doesn't as he is a character and good icon for us. Kiraz is also good at centre or fullback for that matter. The same with Wilson. God I love that we have so many options and potential.
He played ONE year at the Tigpies, 5 at the Storm, the rest with us. HOW is that "changing teams a lot"? :sweatsmile:

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wilson's attacking numbers were as good as the Fox last season, I don't think we lose anything with him gone. It's unfortunate we couldn't use him in a deal to get a prop over for this season.
Now I know you're taking the piss.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Moses
Leinu
Hunt
Tino
Haas
D Saifiti
AFB
Luai

Missed lesser lights Sele and lost a one horse race for Twal

All big misses and still puzzling no offers put in for Flegler and J Saifiti the brother actually off contract for 2025

why are we adding moses into this list?

I went to school with one of his cousins and we were never in for moses nor did we even make an offer

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses
Leinu
Hunt
Tino
Haas
D Saifiti
AFB
Luai

All big misses and still puzzling no offers put in for Flegler and J Saifiti the brother actually off contract for 2025
Most of these were just media speculation. Haas, Tino, Hunt and Moses were never coming to the dogs.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Moses
Leinu
Hunt
Tino
Haas
D Saifiti
AFB
Luai

why are we adding moses into this list?

I went to school with one of his cousins and we were never in for moses nor did we even make an offer
With every post he spins more bullshit
Can't wait until Cameron Smith and Billy Slater get added to the list.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Moses
Leinu
Hunt
Tino
Haas
D Saifiti
AFB
Luai

Moses
Hunt
Tino
Huss
Even AFB all stayed with there current team.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of these were just media speculation. Haas, Tino, Hunt and Moses were never coming to the dogs.
Mate the blokes been told this a hundred times, and he’ll still comment the same list next week if the opportunity arises … he’s not a bulldogs fan, he’s just someone who loves coming on here running the club down and triggering real fans … have you ever read one positive comment from the bloke … just one little thing that he’s happy the club’s recently done or is doing?

Definitely someone’s burner account ..