Leinu
Hunt
Tino
Haas
D Saifiti
AFB
Luai

Missed lesser lights Sele and lost a one horse race for Twal

All big misses and still puzzling no offers put in for Flegler and J Saifiti the brother actually off contract for 2025
The only big miss is your crew continuing to throw darts hoping eventually you hit the board. We were a long shot at ever getting Tino or Haas. Hunt was and still is under contract. We didn’t go after Moses and Luai you can ask your other hand about. D Saifiti is under contract until ‘26. J Saifiti has just re-signed for a further 3 years through to ‘26. Daniel offered to take a pay cut so that they could both stay at Newcastle. They were never leaving.

Leniu was a miss. Twal was only ever an option at the right price but wanted to stay at the tigers. Flegler was never leaving Queensland so took the best offer to stay up there.

I’d dare say you may not have ever been involved in any business or contract discussions. Everyone knows you always talk to players and managers and express an interest… even if there isn’t any.

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck the Fox, can't wait for him to leave.
I have to agree, I love his character but last year he was either injured, or would run off the line and give a try away and it happened so often it was frustrating, I'm sure he was just trying to make something happening in a disastrous year but he did it heaps of times. I hope he at least pulls his shit together this year or otherwise replace him with Wilson, who I think has a lot of potential.
Wilson has shown some x factor in attack, I just hope he fixes up his defence.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have to agree, I love his character but last year he was either injured, or would run off the line and give a try away and it happened so often it was frustrating, I'm sure he was just trying to make something happening in a disastrous year but he did it heaps of times. I hope he at least pulls his shit together this year or otherwise replace him with Wilson, who I think has a lot of potential.
Wilson has shown some x factor in attack, I just hope he fixes up his defence.
He does pull out moments of magic but I think we get better value elsewhere.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We still won more premierships than Penrith even though we haven’t won one in 20 years, So relax.
3 more, been in the comp 33 years longer too. 5 of those were in a Sydney only comp, and only 2 in the salary cap era.

You do have us covered for losing GF's though 10 to 2, so congrats on that I guess.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
3 more, been in the comp 33 years longer too. 5 of those were in a Sydney only comp, and only 2 in the salary cap era.

You do have us covered for losing GF's though 10 to 2, so congrats on that I guess.
Still won more that’s all that matters.
Plus we won GF when it was actually rugby league.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Enjoy your grainy VHS tapes and newspaper clippings. Are you sure you're not a Souffs supporter? You sound like one.
lol ok little boy you’re burning cause we still have more trophies than the panthers.
Enjoy your time now cause In a few years your winning will be just history.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol ok little boy you’re burning cause we still have more trophies than the panthers.
Enjoy your time now cause In a few years your winning will be just history.
No doubt. I've been a supporter long enough to know that the tough times will come around again eventually. Until then I'll make the most of it & know that I'll always have the memories of a threepeat to fall back on, I guess remembering stuff like that can help you through the current rough patch too. Oh wait... jesus, this is awkward. :-)

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No doubt. I've been a supporter long enough to know that the tough times will come around again eventually. Until then I'll make the most of it & know that I'll always have the memories of a threepeat to fall back on, I guess remembering stuff like that can help you through the current rough patch too. Oh wait... jesus, this is awkward. :-)
At least you’re a true one. It sucks when a power house team like the dogs struggle, hopefully things will start to improve.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Enjoy your grainy VHS tapes and newspaper clippings. Are you sure you're not a Souffs supporter? You sound like one.
Haahaahaa...bragging rights lol..fair enough...until we win one soon...the laughs on you...we'll continue to give it to your neighbours...I don't think newspapers were out the last time the Eels won....but apparently there are caves with paintings from the local tribe that depicts the alleged victory last century

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At least you’re a true one. It sucks when a power house team like the dogs struggle, hopefully things will start to improve.
You guys will bounce back, just a matter of time. I really hope it's on the back of the work being put into your pathways and not pillaging us too much though. lol.

My guess is 3 or 4 years and it will start bearing fruit, seems a while away, but it's worth it. I can tell you that much from experience and hearing the "5 year plan" jokes every 5 minutes.

Sorry for comparing you to a Souffs fan too. That was a bit below the belt. Ha ha

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The only disappointing thing about being a Panthers fan is knowing that this era is most definitely peak performance and won't be topped again. Positive for all their fans that lived to see it though

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haahaahaa...bragging rights lol..fair enough...until we win one soon...the laughs on you...we'll continue to give it to your neighbours...I don't think newspapers were out the last time the Eels won....but apparently there are caves with paintings from the local tribe that depicts the alleged victory last century
This is something I can get behind. If we have one thing in common it is the joy of seeing Parra fail year after year. Long may it continue.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You guys will bounce back, just a matter of time. I really hope it's on the back of the work being put into your pathways and not pillaging us too much though. lol.

My guess is 3 or 4 years and it will start bearing fruit, seems a while away, but it's worth it. I can tell you that much from experience and hearing the "5 year plan" jokes every 5 minutes.

Sorry for comparing you to a Souffs fan too. That was a bit below the belt. Ha ha
All good my bro, hopefully we will become the powerhouse again.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The only disappointing thing about being a Panthers fan is knowing that this era is most definitely peak performance and won't be topped again. Positive for all their fans that lived to see it though
Yeah, it will suck when it ends. Never say never on it being repeated, but very unlikely in my lifetime. I was 10 last time it happened with Parra, seems a lifetime ago. But for now the hope is still there to keep the run going.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All good my bro, hopefully we will become the powerhouse again.
Dunno about the powerhouse, a powerhouse I could live with. lol.

A few proper working class teams kicking arse would be great for the game.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing about this is if we have another poor season this year ciradio be gone and so will burton critta kikau and salmon there only there at dogs cause of him as coach once he goes they will walk to than back to square one again another 10 year rebuild

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing about this is tigers will win a comp before us and im a dogs supporter least they got forwards that can go forward

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing about this is if we have another poor season this year ciradio be gone and so will burton critta kikau and salmon there only there at dogs cause of him as coach once he goes they will walk to than back to square one again another 10 year rebuild
Ciraldo survives a poor season in 2024 unless something dramatic happens. The blaming the players card was used for 2023. A poor season in 2025 changes everything. Of course there's a 5yr contract extension for Gus that comes up in the next 2 years.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
not going to happen joel. ciraldo will be given until mid 2025 to turn things around. it's not a quick fix to fix the mess we're in