Bulldogs draw a joke no Thursday or Friday games

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a deceiving article...
I guess "prime time" for the TV is different to prime time for the supporters...

Based on the draw.... we still get the Good Friday game (which to me is prime time at 4pm) as is the middle afternoon public holiday Monday game.

There's a heap of Sunday 4pm games too, so I don't see what the problem is. Does Laundy feel he isn't getting much exposure? He can take it up with the NRL.

I'm ok with the draw.

Personally I think Dogs vs Parra should be channel 9's first game picked on the calendar and 8pm on a Friday is probably the right time for it, but 4pm on Sunday is not far off it.

When these 2 teams are firing, it's easy a 40k plus crowd if its played at Accor or SFS.

Dakdah

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have Kayo and season tickets so I can see only positives. I refuse to watch Ch9, their commentary is deplorable. Sat and Sun games also allows more people to get to games.
I will only watch 9 if the game is not shown live on kayo (origin and gf I think are the only ones). Channel 9 commentary is putrid

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free to air is all about ratings..
How many dog fans didn’t even bother to tune in or left mid game the past 4 years due to how boring and crap we were playing.
We have ourselves to blame. Even opposition fans would of hating watching us.
But we rate highly enough to be in the press every second day no matter how trivial.

Whatever the reasons i doubt it is all about ratings .... A famous club on the up with a huge following, containing the likes of Fox, Burton, Kikau and TPJ are less watchable than The Knights, Tigers and The Warriors etc ?

Really?

Aren't Sunday arvo games highly viewed?

This comes a week after we supposedly let go of a GENERATIONAL player because of cap issues.

The drunk prick is embarrassing himself with this anti Gus/Dogs shit ..... farcical.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I mean it is a little weird we did not get atleast one or two but anyway

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not fussed with this at all. Means that we have no weeks with short turnarounds

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can’t complain. We’ve been so bad lately we can hardly stand watching and we’re the loyal ones. Make the 8 and 2024 will be different.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The emphasis is on the 'night' games

We have no THU or FRI night games... aka prime time 8:30pm kick off

Our FRI games are either 6pm or 4pm
Yeah you're right. I just assumed OP meant Thursday/Friday FTA but re-reading it, he does write no games on Thursday/Fridays @djdeep4172 ?

Is that published draw wrong or OP?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think this is a ploy by the NRL in an attempt to get better fans through the gates at ANZ stadium. Perhaps there is a school of thought that more could be got out of the hellhole that is that chasm of nothing by playing more games during the day there - including blockbusters - in a hope that fans will prefer to come with families during the day.

Could be a potential masterstroke for games like Parra v Dogs.

It's got me intrigued, but not enough to put up with the traffic, shit parking, and severely over priced food. $5.80 for a bottle of water? Yeah, nah

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I will only watch 9 if the game is not shown live on kayo (origin and gf I think are the only ones). Channel 9 commentary is putrid
Exactly.
Most Bulldogs fans would recognise players and understand a game better than any commentators.
The idiotic commentary on 9 and Fox distracts from enjoying a TV game.
Half-time at Fox worse when they have Queenslanders talking about the game. Why inflict Corey Parker's smug face on yourself or Gordon Tallis's during a Bulldogs game.
Put some music on instead.
Even Neil Diamond is better than Fox or 9 commentary.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't be getting a Kayo subscription. But I had enough of the 6 again rule on top of all the other bullshit grey areas the refs have had to influence games and stopped watching last year. I'm not sure yet if I'll make watching our games a priority again. Even if we're winning, I hate the one sidedness of how games play out now. Even if we cop every call in our favour and win, I hate that the refs are fucking biased. So until this changes I might just keep surviving on score updates alone.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I won't be getting a Kayo subscription. But I had enough of the 6 again rule on top of all the other bullshit grey areas the refs have had to influence games and stopped watching last year. I'm not sure yet if I'll make watching our games a priority again. Even if we're winning, I hate the one sidedness of how games play out now. Even if we cop every call in our favour and win, I hate that the refs are fucking biased. So until this changes I might just keep surviving on score updates alone.
I agree with everything you said. I barely watch a game unless it is the Bulldogs. Years gone by, I'd watch them all. Even SoO was a low priority this year, at least they 'tweaked' the rules in SoO and had less referee interference.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I can't stand Thursday night footy and even Friday is problematic because I am in Perth - so it's all good for me :grinning:

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of interest, with Burton and JAC likely to play for NSW origin, anyone know which games they will miss?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Out of interest, with Burton and JAC likely to play for NSW origin, anyone know which games they will miss?
I dont think burton will get selected unless there's injuries in the halves and backline and who knows if freddy will select ado carr

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think burton will get selected unless there's injuries in the halves and backline and who knows if freddy will select ado carr
Freddy surely would pick JAC.
What a boil over if he doesn’t!!!

It’s not like he won the series this year. He’ll be under pressure to make some changes.