Bulldogs Deserved What They Got

Status
Not open for further replies.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
By Wayne Heming
September 09, 2007

NORTH Queensland coach Graham Murray said the Bulldogs had it coming from ref Paul Simpkins after finishing on the wrong side of a hefty penalty discrepancy in Saturday's NRL qualifying final.

A caustic Steve Folkes let fly with a sarcastic spray at Simpkins after the Bulldogs lost the game and the penalty count 12-4 against a Cowboys outfit which rode home on the vocal backing of just over 24,000 fans at at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

"He (Simpkins) was fantastic I thought, absolutely fantastic,'' said a straight-faced Folkes.

"He should be pencilled in for the grand final because if you want a grand final decided by a lopsided penalty count, he's your man.''

However, Murray backed Simpkins saying the Bulldogs' tactics to slow the Cowboys down were obvious and the referee had to call what he saw.

"It's obvious what they came here for and the referee adjudicated for it,'' said Murray.

"I've got no doubt the Bulldogs came here to slow us down. They were saying things in the newspapers during the week about not giving us quick play the balls like they did last week."

Despite the club's second loss in eight days to the Cowboys, Folkes felt the Bulldogs had found something like their true September form.

However, he rued a lack of time with the football in the Cowboys' half because of the weight of penalties which he said had taken a heavy toll.

"We pretty much defended for a large portion of the second half and I thought we did a very good job because they are a very dangerous side.

"It was a massive improvement on last week (when the Cowboys won 38-36).

"Hopefully we'll get through this weekend and get to build on it next weekend.

"We were in the contest for the whole time, even without the ball and the penalty count against us so I'm really proud of the way they aimed up.

"We've been talking about it for a while but tonight I actually thought we did it.''

Strike forward Willie Mason said a few calls had gone against the Bulldogs "at crucial times'' during a match which had a State-of-Origin feel.

"You can defend desperately and then get a penalty against you. it's tough to swallow,'' he said.

"Players with short fuses like me can blow up it's all part of the game. Hopefully when can get another crack at someone next week because we've still got the belief.

"We'll have the full squad available next week. We need to put it all together for 80 minutes and we're still comfortable we can give it a shake."

Mason played down a first-half charge on halfback Johnathan Thurston which the Cowboys captain claimed was "late''.

"I know I definitely didn't hit him around the head area,'' said Mason,'' he said.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol i was about to flame u Soliola

Graham Murray? Pfft biggest wannabe coach since Ricky Stuart... needs players around him to be great

we got penalised like twice for slowing the play the ball down

thats more than 10 penalties to answer for Graham

lol at thruston agruing to the ref about the charge by Mason (didnt he just kick it out on the full as well?-cant really remember but im positive he did it once and that explains y he was near the ref)

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Cowboys tried slowing down the play the ball also, think before you speak Murray its not that hard. Most of the penalties the dogs received against them were not even sufficient after the majority of the penalties the dogs got against them Phil Gould would constantly keep on saying: "what a ridiculous penalty"

Any ref that is easily intimidated by the crowd is a crap ref, and i am not just saying that because it was my side involved. Never seen such a biased performance from one individual, and i am usually never one to complain about the ref.

I hope the warriors send them walking next week!!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BULLDOG GEORGE

if murray got that penalty count agianst him he would be sooking all week.

P.M.

Ban Ned
Reaction score
no comment except shut up mr murray

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Murray can suck le coq... wot a tosser

chewy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what a sore winner

he should know that his team was lucky. if we ever got that referee treatment FOR our side i'd take it and shut up.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The time we got the better end of a ref performance was against Manly..

We should've had sinbinned players but we got off lucky..and when we get some benefits look at what happens.

We thrash the 2nd placed team

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Obviously Murray is scared the Bulldogs showed that The Cowboys are vulnerable and can be beaten the only thing that saved them was the savage penalty count against the Bulldogs. He is trying to influence the NRL and referees incase they meet again in the final series. He knows that is the only thing that can save them again a huge penalty count in their favour

riomhach

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was wondering what comments people would make about this tool Murray. What a sore bloody winner!

Murray should get over himself, he won the bloody game!!

I think the Ref was caught in the glare of Thurston and Bowen brilliance *rolls eyes* that they all believe in Townsville - must be something in the sunshine lol.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wtf is murray on about...slowin them down..

we got mainly penalised for markers and offside not for layin on tackles...

watta dope

UnderCoverBrother

Kennel Established
Reaction score
who cares , what happened happened dogs lost now they should focus on parra and leave this 12-4 penalty count in the past , complaining about it isnt going to change the stats.

S

smingers

"He (Simpkins) was fantastic I thought, absolutely fantastic,'' said a straight-faced Folkes.

"He should be pencilled in for the grand final because if you want a grand final decided by a lopsided penalty count, he's your man.''
I hope Folkes absolutely flogged him after the game, I reckon every referee in the comp needs their eyes tested before a game...and I'm not mucking around.

However, Murray backed Simpkins saying the Bulldogs' tactics to slow the Cowboys down were obvious and the referee had to call what he saw.

"It's obvious what they came here for and the referee adjudicated for it,'' said Murray.

"I've got no doubt the Bulldogs came here to slow us down. They were saying things in the newspapers during the week about not giving us quick play the balls like they did last week."
Go fcuk yourself you cocksucking cnut!

Like what Thurston said to Pattern

"Okay, you got your win, now go fcuk your mum"

Anything to justify that they "deserved" that win...we won that game without the points, we owned them.

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score
They wont be as lucky next week. The Warriors are gonna smash them big time.

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wna break his nose...nobody will ever be able to justify a 12-4 penatly count, how can u...its simply impossible...screw him, he cant even coach a successful origin series the dip****. if he didnt have thurston he wuld have been fired ages ago.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
murry knows the ref won them the game..

now he has to try and hide it and play hard done by..

and make it sound like his side did it on there own..

so for the slow the rucks down...

what about the strips and non strips that ALL went YOUR way..

fark off idiot and stop making my blues side worse too

Status
Not open for further replies.