Bulldogs Deliver Des Hasler Ultimatum; Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Toovey! That's all we need is another fucking saboteur from manly....no way! It's got to be Pay.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well he does have Bulldogs (and Eels) DNA doesn't he? Can you have both? I hope so because people forget that most of our supposed legends actually moved on at some point and played for other clubs. Just caught the backend of Baa's Foxtel interview and he mentioned 5 club stalwarts like Cement who left in 89 so the club could renew and bring in fresh blood like McCracken, Pay and co. Seems this DNA thing is much more complicated than what the scientists are telling us. It morphs with age......or is that intellect...

It's more along the way of how they leave the club.

Dean pay deserted us and left to our arch enemy and not on good grounds or mutual respect.

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did anyone hear Dogs fans ring in as they were invited to ? What was said ?

Bulldogs Deliver Des Hasler Ultimatum; Report
"The Bulldogs expect results'
10 Hrs

Photo: Getty Images

The Bulldogs have given Des Hasler an ultimatum, reports The Mole on www.wwos.com.au.

If he doesn’t make the finals this year - and the Bulldogs are currently sitting 13th, with a pretty tough run home and not playing well - it could be his last season at the Bulldogs after signing a two-year extension.

Triple M's Ryan Girdler said the Bulldogs are a big club that expect results.Listen to the full audio at the bottom of the page.

“Apparently there’s a clause in the contract that the club can trigger, saying they only need to pay him half of his wage out for those two seasons,” said Triple M’s Ryan Girdler.

“I know Des’ record is pretty good. They’ve made the finals every year for the past five years, but they won’t make the finals this year.

“Their performances on a week-to-week basis - they’ve lost six of their last seven - someone’s got to be held accountable.”

The club has signed two quality players Aaron Woods and Kieran Foran for next year, but they may want to go in a new direction.

One coach who could come in is Dean Pay, who has been pat of the Bulldogs system for a long time. He also coached the NSW Under-20s. Listen to the full audio below.
Not Knocking the poster..........................However Hell will freeze over before Des GOs.....

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean Pay played for the Bulldogs for eight years (1988-1995) and was captain for the last three.

The Bulldogs won the premiership in 1995 but due to (I think) the so called Super League war Dean Pay and at least two other forwards and maybe a back left club and transferred (again I think:smiley:) to Parramatta.

So when a player's career is disrupted by circumstances he has no control over, playing for eight consecutive years, the last three as captain plus playing in two premiership winning sides in my opinion is a fine display of loyalty. And that for me is good enough for Dean Pay to be a legend.

PS: I have no idea how Greg Eastwood's career can be compared to Dean Pay's. Pay may have played a year less than Eastwood but when each player's input to the club is compared Ii think it would be Pay first with Eastwood second a long way back.
He only played 108 games for us and then he dumped us and went with Parra, deserting all his mates so he could make a quid. You want to see who the legends are then have a look on the wall at ANZ, blokes who wouldn't dream of jumping ship when things got a bit tough. Good player - yes. Legend - not as long as his freckle points to the ground. Talk to any of the real legends. Every one of them got offers to go elsewhere and knocked them back. This bloke couldn't get out quick enough. Nothing wrong with that but to apply revisionism to it a call him a legend is just plain wrong.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way they will get rid of Hasler without him having a good shot with Woods and Foran in the team.

No way.

He will be given all of next year and if the doesnt make a deep run in the semis then he will get canned.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He only played 108 games for us and then he dumped us and went with Parra, deserting all his mates so he could make a quid. You want to see who the legends are then have a look on the wall at ANZ, blokes who wouldn't dream of jumping ship when things got a bit tough. Good player - yes. Legend - not as long as his freckle points to the ground. Talk to any of the real legends. Every one of them got offers to go elsewhere and knocked them back. This bloke couldn't get out quick enough. Nothing wrong with that but to apply revisionism to it a call him a legend is just plain wrong.
This.

FFS, why not ask Jarrod McKracken and Jason Smith back as well...

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This.

FFS, why not ask Jarrod McKracken and Jason Smith back as well...

As I posted before: " but due to (I think) the so called Super League war Dean Pay and at least two other forwards and maybe a back left club and transferred (again I think :smiley:) to Parramatta."

So Oatley Dog I suggest you read the post above fromm Croydon Dog.

It is obvious that Dean Pay did not walk out on the Bulldogs by himself, that there was a disruptive influence within the game that caused a number of players to leave the Dogs at the same time.

Attachments

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As I posted before: " but due to (I think) the so called Super League war Dean Pay and at least two other forwards and maybe a back left club and transferred (again I think :smiley:) to Parramatta."

So Oatley Dog I suggest you read the post above fromm Croydon Dog.

It is obvious that Dean Pay did not walk out on the Bulldogs by himself, that there was a disruptive influence within the game that caused a number of players to leave the Dogs at the same time.
I read it the first time, but it has no relevance as the rest of his team mates stayed together and worked for each other while the mercenaries left and went to Parramatta. I remember it all very well. It was disgraceful what those 3 did, dumping and running on their mates and this is the sort of passion and commitment you want from an incoming coach? It's no better than what SBW did. Chase the money and bugger your mates. One last thing; look at the quality of the individuals who went with him.....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When we replace Des it feels like time to go for an ex Bulldog.
Something about becoming the Dogs again seems right.

On another question - whats the word with Dymock?
He is either a hopeless attack coach who will get the chop
OR,
He is totally controlled by Des.

Anyone know?
To answer your question about Des' dictatorship, I was listening to someone on the radio (xfootballer)and he stated that des has segregated the field into different sectors and he expects player to hit certain points in those sectors at a certain time otherwise he loses he sh!t.... so in short - no dymock has absolutely no say ... dymock was probably only kept on for PR reasons so they can say that a former player is in the coaching ranks

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read it the first time, but it has no relevance as the rest of his team mates stayed together and worked for each other while the mercenaries left and went to Parramatta. I remember it all very well. It was disgraceful what those 3 did, dumping and running on their mates and this is the sort of passion and commitment you want from an incoming coach? It's no better than what SBW did. Chase the money and bugger your mates. One last thing; look at the quality of the individuals who went with him.....

Yeah.. Okay...

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes to Dean Pay to take over from Hasler next season. I reckon Hasler will be informed in two weeks.

Reactions: DT

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I dont think he will get sacked. If he does than great but the 1st person i will sign is Michael hagan as boss of football operations. The 2nd is steve price as football manager leading to ceo . Grant mayer is my pick for ceo. Who ever hagan thinks suits to coach im happy with. Do we need a results now coach or someone who is good at developing players for 2 yrs time.?

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay will always be a bulldog in my eyes and a legend at that.
For anyone to say diffent don't know shit.
He loved this club and was a tough player.
They all jump ship, most of the time beyond there control.
Suppose price is not a bulldogs legend either because to went to warriors?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just to divert back to Des for a second,

Does anyone really think there is any truth to Des getting the chop if we don't make the finals,

It makes no sence,

It makes the administration look stupid having only just upgraded Des contract on the back of poor form on the field,

Whilst I want change, and I want Des gone,
I wanted him gone at the end of this season, not for him to get another 2 year contract,

But,
And it's a huge but,

We wrongly offered him a new contract, in my opinion, but we did offer him a further 2 years, and changes to our team personnel is coming next year.

I think it's silly of our club to just throw away 1 million to Des by sacking him before next year.
500k per year of his 2 year contract, if reports are to be believed.

I think, and it hurts to say it, but I think the club need to at least give Des at least till round 12 next year to prove himself with the new squad,

A forward who offloads, a world class half and better structure in attack,

If nothing changes, then tell Des his services are no longer required for his last year, and let him finish 2018 as per contract and find a suitable replacement for 2019,

Sacking him this year, months after giving him a new contract, is just fucking stupid,

And that, will make me turn my back on the club even more,

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is no way they will get rid of Hasler without him having a good shot with Woods and Foran in the team.

No way.

He will be given all of next year and if the doesnt make a deep run in the semis then he will get canned.
That my friend is exactly how I see it!!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That my friend is exactly how I see it!!
I missed that quoted post,
It answers my question above,

And like I said,
I want Des gone as much as the next guy,
But he has to be given a chance now he has signed, with the new players coming,

If nothing changed, I'm all for letting him go.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching parra v storm last night both teams with forwards playing as forwards running hard then both teams with deep backlines with players running onto the ball ,so good to watch and fucking does my head in as to why or idiot coach thinks his shitty style is still relevant,soooo frustrating hes such a stubborn prick it kills me what hes doing to our club

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

And like I said,

I disagree with you on "I want Des gone as much as the next Guy"! I am not one of the so called "next Guys"!!! I still believe he is the right person to coach the Doggies TBH and I believe we will be a different side with the additional troops on their way, with a little more of a clean out of dead wood and some opportunities for a few of our young blokes coming through the ranks.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with you on "I want Des gone as much as the next Guy"! I am not one of the so called "next Guys"!!! I still believe he is the right person to coach the Doggies TBH and I believe we will be a different side with the additional troops on their way, with a little more of a clean out of dead wood and some opportunities for a few of our young blokes coming through the ranks.
The more i read your posts the more i believe you're delusioned at the absolute highest order TBH only thing goin for u is your new avatar TBH

Reactions: GDR

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And like I said,

Well how much longer does he need?
He's had one of the best ball playing props in recent time since he started and has turned him into a ball hog with no future.

I could coach a team with Foran and Woods coming in and get better results.

Coaches are the ones who wear the blame when things are bad, rightly or otherwise and Hasler has been poor, very poor, with the resources and squad over the past 6 years his tenure can only be described as way below par.

Premier League soccer coaches get the chop within 6 months of winning the crown due to results only, i know its different but who is Hasler accountable do?...no one it would appear and i for one as a loooong standing passionate and financial fan have had enough if this imposter.
He may jag a win today against lowly Newcastle but the sad thing is it is a 50/50 game, and thats what hurts.
Bulldogs v Newcastle at our so called spiritual home with farewells everywhere and we are all still worried.

Oh how the mighty have fallen....

Status
Not open for further replies.