Bulldogs Dean Pay fined $25,000 for criticising referees. - Update Page 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Basically said the refs were great not giving us a penalty in the last 40. Becuase it allowed a free flowing game.
F____n twat
That means that in his opinion they would have been absolutely stellar giving the Broncs 5 unanswered ones.....that was their free flowing game...

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
In a sick kind of way I would like Sutton to get our game this week. Would be hard for him to fuck us over with all the spot light on him.
I agree
But he won’t get a dogs game or a broncos game for a while now
And not only that,
You can bet your last dollar he gets the broncos

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
these fines to clubs are a further slap in the face to all the NRL fans that love their clubs... this really pushes me to boycott watching the NRL .. I normally watch at least 4 games a week .. I couldn't stomach watching any other game this round after Thursday night......[/
The club needs to step up and have Dean's back and put together a strong appeal. At least get that fine downgraded.
Basically said the refs were great not giving us a penalty in the last 40. Becuase it allowed a free flowing game.
F____n twat
Harrigan thinks he knows all the rules. Well a lot has changed and none off the refs know all the rules if they did they wouldnt need the bunker. The rules are played with to the extent that no one knows when a player plays the ball properly. Look at the dragons game with kassiano. Knock on anybody know what a knock on is after thursday night. Off side rule when they feel like it. Pays fine is an example of the NRL wanting canterbury leagues to get them out of the Red. Disgraceful bunch off dishonest low life cheats.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no clue. Clearly unbiased decision by Sutton the refs boss who cleared Sutton the ref and Sutton the pocket ref. Bob Sutton and his wife Mary Sutton, who were in the crowd also gave evidence on behalf of the refs. Bernie Sutton who works for the Broncos also gave the refs the all clear. Nothing to see here folks.
If the shoe was on the other foot you’d never hear the end of it, if it was Trent Robinson or Wayne Bennett the journos would be comforting them

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a sick kind of way I would like Sutton to get our game this week. Would be hard for him to fuck us over with all the spot light on him.
He looks like such a little weasel too, has a face you wanna smash in

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No surprises there.....he was like Sutton to us in his ref career I think it was in 2003 we got that prick for 4 games straight to end the season and he hammered us relentlessly.
Harrigan is part of the reason the game is such a deadset joke. He introduced cheat sheets, when he was boss gave referees carte blanche to "interpret" the rules rather than referee to the letter of the law.He turned more games with his style of refereeing than any other. Bob Fulton loved him so much that:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/1553c2b8932e9a2f237e4dcdd5c1983c

Manly coach Bob Fulton delivered a verbal barrage to Harrigan after the game, telling him “I hope you get hit by a cement truck”. The remark kick started a feud between Fulton and Harrigan that continued to simmer for years — Fulton called Harrigan “a blight on the game” after Harrigan made a contentious video referring decision against the Sea Eagles in a match against the Dragons in 2010.

That feud cost Manly a fair bit as Harrigan made sure he just about always had the last laugh...NOW why does a certain other official seem to be going the same way...yep the man who Bill gave praise to for allowing the game last weekend to flow freely...

Yep the dirty little smirk that Gerard loves when it comes to any decision he makes against us....

AND how sweet, brotherly love;

https://www.nrl.com/news/2015/05/01/big-weekend-for-sutton-referee-trio/

Standing in the heat of battle as the only man of authority between two teams proudly representing their respective nations on Friday night, referee Gerard Sutton will take comfort in the knowledge that his brother has got his back.

The Sutton brothers, Gerard, Bernard and Chris, create a unique piece of history this weekend as each serves as a match official in an international fixture. Gerard is the sole referee in Friday night's Test between Australia and New Zealand at Suncorp Stadium, Bernard is acting as a video referee on Friday and also in Saturday's Fiji v Papua New Guinea Test for which Chris is one of the touch judges.

As Gerard is the standby referee for that same match, there is the possibility that all three brothers from Coonabarabran in north-west New South Wales could officiate in the same international fixture.

It's a remarkable achievement and Gerard said that rather than worrying about what little brother Bernard may or not decide in the video referees' box at a crucial point in the game, there is a confidence in how well they know each other's games.

"He knows my game probably better than I do and me as a person so he can look at me on the field and through my body language know where I'm at and how I'm tracking," Gerard told NRL.com just hours before kick-off.

"I trust his perspective on where the game is so the feedback that he provides to me is a real reassurance and I like working with him and I know exactly what he's thinking and he knows where I'm at.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the NRL should take the time to have a look at the empty seats at almost every game. When your looking, just remember that you are the group
that caused this exodus of fans from the game. You have destroyed what used to be the greatest game of all.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean pay needs to take a few deep breaths before a press conference. He is starting to sound a little like Ricky Stuart. Hopefully this the kick in the butt he needs, we need to focus on responsibility

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is an outrage !!
They got him for that line about not being allowed to win. Surely the NRL could of taken into account the emotion of what happened?
Pay was pissed off and quite rightly so. Will they sack Sutton for making several dud calls ?
Of course not.
Your coach gave a similar spray towards cummins a couple years back and it seemed to work with you guys starting to win with him in charge. Hopefully this changes our record with that flea Sutton

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The refs were perfect and completely 100% unbiased. That fine should be higher. Pay basically made death threats against the referees. The completely 100% unbiased review of the calls made by the brother of the referees also showed that they were right. I don't know why everyone is outraged over this.
For your sake I hope your messing around or just had a few too many cones otherwise get off the heavy stuff champ it's not good for your health

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the NRL should take the time to have a look at the empty seats at almost every game. When your looking, just remember that you are the group
that caused this exodus of fans from the game. You have destroyed what used to be the greatest game of all.
Oh well said. We like to watch a game and think we understand the rules. Who wants to go and watch your team get shagged each week by cheats who have trouble with the rules themselves. Crowds will dwindle and we will be watching well maybe at home on tv.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have won 2 out of our last 10 games under Sutton. Broncos have won 12 strait or something like that!

We were never a chance. But no one is allowed to talk about what’s obvious!

The Sutton brothers are ruining the game... how the F did Bernard Sutton get the head job ahead of Chechen?

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it's called a knock on then nobody blinks and questions the decision. People can analyse it as much as they want and watch super slow mo replays or whatever....but that dropped ball has previously been called a knock on 100% of the time.
Spot on, on closer examination it looks like it goes back, but there is no way 5he ref was in any position to see that and at speed they are always called knock on
In the context of the game it was a massive call and compounded by other penalties
End of the day we ain’t good enough

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spot on, on closer examination it looks like it goes back, but there is no way 5he ref was in any position to see that and at speed they are always called knock on
In the context of the game it was a massive call and compounded by other penalties
End of the day we ain’t good enough
The point here is if the Bulldogs had done the same, exactly the same fumble.... it would have been ruled a knock on. And that my friends is the true definition of Bias.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Worst thing that happened to the nrl was Greenberg.
One thing I found extremely funny was after the rant by pay about the refs showing no respect to players, the following games the refs were super nice all weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.