News Bulldogs Considering Referee Action

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Follow the money trail where there is gambling there is corruption we have all known it for years.
Absolutely comical all these stupid rules,our league was fine the way it was years ago,it’s like doing a bloody botox,it was beautiful as it was.
Dumb asses who keep changing the rules ,get your hand off it

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There were so many. Another thing you will probably ly notice as well, is that almost every tackle we are put on our back. This was a contributing factor too. But thats on us.
In the second half we get our restart calls in bunches with a he game all but decided at that point.

The interesting thing is on one of our restarts (we only got 3) we make good gain and finish with Flanno attacking kick which Elliott chases and challenges and the Knights winger clearly knocks on but Cummins calls it knock on us??

The other restart call /end of that set we go shortside and Flanno grubbers for a repeat set yet Knights get the penalty for a supposed ‘shove’ by Hoppa

Another one when Frizzel coughs it up trying to play it quick yet Hethrington is pinged for interference - penalty Knights

Pearce milking - penalty Knights
Pearce runs in late to third man in tackle Elliott after the ref yells held - play on

All these little things add up (and the above were just 3 examples in the second half alone)
Either the Knights are so perfect or we are just the unlucky.......

Yet the skipper never challenges it or at bare minimum asks the question

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW this is not the first time Cummins has be accused of bias.. im pretty sure Trent Robinson blew him a new one with a whole bunch of damming stats against him in roosters games..

Correct me if im wrong im just going off memory .. im sure TT will correct me..
Nick politis even went to the post match conference with Robinson to lend his support in criticism of cummins

E320coupe

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think its a good move. There is no doubt referees go out with preconceived ideas of what the result is going to be. I am not saying they are being deliberately bias but the bottom teams definitely get officiated differently to the top teams.

And also teams with a strong home ground advantage get waaaay to many good calls.

Its been happening for years and is one of the reasons for the big gap between the bottom teams and the top teams.

What shits me is that in all of the NRL shows analysing the games not one mention has been made of the fact that we didnt receive a penalty the whole game and we didnt receive a set restart until the 65th minute. That had a HUGE impact on the game. All that the media wanted to talk about was our soft defence and errors. Yes they were important but equally important was the one sided officiating.

We were the only team all weekend not to receive a penalty and the only team not to get a set restart in the first 65 minutes yet somehow that doesnt seem newsworthy
Mate, your spot on!

This really makes me angry.

I watched NRL 360 Monday and they didn't even cover the game!

The Footy Show on Sunday had about 30 seconds review right at the end of the show and didn't mention the Bulldogs!!

WTF! Surely blind Freddy could see this was a total stitch up by the referee!

The dogs had no chance after the first 20 minutes.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact we didn’t get a repeat set in the first 60 mins and the dud cotric call which should have actually been professional foul against Newcastle player. Was a disgraceful and corrupt effort from the ref

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW this is not the first time Cummins has be accused of bias.. im pretty sure Trent Robinson blew him a new one with a whole bunch of damming stats against him in roosters games..

Correct me if im wrong im just going off memory .. im sure TT will correct me..
If you're talking 2013 Robbo blew up at Cummins in the tunnel for the way he spoke/dismissed our captains and it cost him 40K and yeah Nick was more than happy to pay it out of his ashtray change. We had years of being on the wrong side of penalty counts with that prick after that.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the second half we get our restart calls in bunches with a he game all but decided at that point.

The interesting thing is on one of our restarts (we only got 3) we make good gain and finish with Flanno attacking kick which Elliott chases and challenges and the Knights winger clearly knocks on but Cummins calls it knock on us??

The other restart call /end of that set we go shortside and Flanno grubbers for a repeat set yet Knights get the penalty for a supposed ‘shove’ by Hoppa

Another one when Frizzel coughs it up trying to play it quick yet Hethrington is pinged for interference - penalty Knights

Pearce runs in late to third man in tackle Elliott after the ref yells held - play on

All these little things add up (and the above were just 3 examples in the second half alone)

Hoppa did push him in the back. It was stupid play by him. But yeah, the others I totally agree. And your right, Jackson very rarely challenges things. Not that it would make any difference anyway though.
We were our own worst enemies, but there were so many things that also went against us!!

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One of the things we don’t have is a strong fiery captain who will challenge the referee and remind him of the lopsided penalty count and set restarts. Jacko lets the refs get away with everything. Cam smith was the best at challenging the refs. It may not get any decisions overturned but it gets the attention of the camera and commentators and reminds the on field official that we have noticed and he needs to fucking stop it.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Since that Easter Friday game against Souths Sutton and Cummins have made it their lives work to rob us of victories.
That Easter Friday game against Souths is the most blatant crooked corrupt referee performance I have ever witnessed and still makes my blood boil and stomach turn every time I think of it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Barrett will get a sympathetic ear but little else as highlighting ref errors to the refs boss accomplishes nothing.
Worked for your chooks when they complained about Cummins... Didn't ref your games as much and then when it got to 2019 GF he reversed the 6 again lol. A complaint years in the making

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

That's why Ennis was great, he'd challenge the ref and remember every instance. Even if it didn't work at times it still gave the boys a quick stoppage. Works hard Jackson but his ability as captain is limited.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Referees are human - although some may debate that - and are always going to be influenced by the screaming of home crowds.

But when an away team doesn't get a penalty in the full 80 minutes - as happened to the poor Bulldogs against the Knights last weekend - questions have to be asked.

And that is exactly what Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett is doing. He has found at least six instances where his team could have been awarded penalties by Ben Cummins in the loss to the Knights, yet the whistle was never blown.

He is considering taking his complaints, with video evidence, to the NRL - and I'll be interested to see the response if he does.:upset:

One thing you can put money on - the Bulldogs will win the penalty count next weekend. It's how rugby league has worked for many years.
The Bulldogs will win the penalty count ?
LOL :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
What about the 6 agains ????