Status
Not open for further replies.

RobDog55er

Kennel Established
Reaction score
http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=52308
Bulldogs consider Central Coast move
AAP
Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg says the NRL club may consider relocating to the NSW central coast.

The embattled club is yet to secure any sponsorship deals for next season and following the loss of their biggest star Sonny Bill Williams and a dismal season, the club is facing a $2 million gap in its coffers.

Greenberg told News Limited while a move to Gosford had not been discussed at board level, the NRL's golden handshake that accompanies the move is enticing, especially as the financial squeeze in Sydney threatens the viability of clubs.

The NRL has offered $8 million as a starting point to a club that relocates.

"It's not been discussed at board level - ever," Greenberg told The Australian.

"I reckon every Sydney club NRL chief executive should be looking at Gosford.

"If you don't look at it, you haven't done your job. You would be silly not to look at it."

Greenberg also admits that the move from Belmore to Olympic Park hasn't been ideal.

"We have had some frustrations and roadblocks in our current situation at Sydney Olympic Park," he said."

"It certainly hasn't transpired as we would have hoped. We're looking at a range of options going forward.

"Everyone should be looking at Gosford."
Posted:Wed, 06 Aug 2008 00:10:41

isv

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'd rather travel 1 1/2 hours to Blue Tongue than go to ANZ that's for sure.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fck... that...

If they do anything of the sort I´m switching to AFL... and I Hate AFL...

RobDog55er

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd rather travel 1 1/2 hours to Blue Tongue than go to ANZ that's for sure.
I second that motion.

Plus, the Dogs have the Bateu Bay Sports club in their corner which is an awesome Sports club for the Central Coast. A move to CC would ensure a long and viable future.

Junior DJ

Frank The Tank
Reaction score
if they move to the central coast , i will be bidding farewell to the kennel and supporting souths .

doggzfan4lyf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs chairman George Peponis last night confirmed the Central Coast was one option if current negotiations with SOPA don't work out. There is also a push for a nostalgic return to Belmore, but the Bulldogs cannot hope to raise $20 million needed to restore the dilapidated venue to NRL standard without funding from government sources or a rich benefactor.

surely there is a way we could get $20 mill somehow? someway :(

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is crying that it´s the end of league but a move to CC would ensure our future.

Not a chance.

How can we go from being the only financially ˝safe˝ club in Sydney to the one that is going to move.

Greenberg did nothing but admit that he´s looked at the offer... The Bulldogs have a "a long and viable future" right where they are.

Junior DJ

Frank The Tank
Reaction score
why cant the government give us a grant to fix belmore , im writing a letter tomorrow , fcuk this , Morris Iemma or some cnut will get a nice letter from me.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't like that talk from Greenberg at all and am very disappointed that he has even mentioned this.

I have heard strong rumours that we will play two games at the Central Coast next year which is bad enough, but even mentioning relocation is ridiculous.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
no **** off...there is no way i want this team relocated to the central coast...ffs why would they wanna move the club...we are fine where we are...there would be other teams before ours that would be better off than us with a move to central coast

DOGGYDOGG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ridiculous. Is Greenberg serious??? As I've stated numerous times over the last however many years, I have never forgiven Gary McIntyre for 2002. I don't think I ever will.

Having said that, If GJM comes out tomorrow and says that he can revive OASIS, I'd vote for him. No questions asked.

Revive Oasis!!

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets go back to fcucken Belmore! If the NRL gives us the 8 million for the upgrade, and the club has some sort of a fund raising drive to go back home, we can do it.

ANZ= Not good
Central Coast=Loss of our soul and Identity

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i will never travel 2 hours every fortnight. Is he pulling our leg or what?

jimmyjames

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Belmore would be the ideal, that's where we belong.

Central coast has it's good points, the stadium is fantastic and has a big regional club next door which I assume would support the team. Also, the a league experience has shown the community will support a local team in big numbers and there are a lot of ex bankstown people living up there. I can't see me getting up there for any more than 4 games a year but I'd stay a supporter.

As for anz well, no one likes an empty stadium and if a major sponsor cannot be sourced then the decision makes itself.

A move to the coast might change some of the bad culture influencing some players personal decisions as well.

buster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How dare this board contemplate such a move - ARE WE RUNNING AND HIDING JUST LIKE THAT PRICK DID TO FRANCE............

K

kennyy

Everyone is crying that it´s the end of league but a move to CC would ensure our future.

Not a chance.

How can we go from being the only financially ˝safe˝ club in Sydney to the one that is going to move.

Greenberg did nothing but admit that he´s looked at the offer... The Bulldogs have a "a long and viable future" right where they are.
common sense.

on the subject of greenberg he is going to be asked questions and will have to answer accordingly. I dont think he's said anything wrong.]

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
LOL - yeah, that's really gonna happen :whacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.