Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

Malla

Reaction score
Hmmmm I dunno about this one.

Been scarred too many times with Panthers hyped up coaching staff.

People forget many of them are in the system at Panthers from a young age, and some have played alongside each other since Ball/Matts.

If we try to copy and paste Panthers, it won't work and we will be in same position as we were with TBaz and the Michelin Man as our Strength and Conditioning Coach.

Can Ciraldo coach any other way than "do it like Panthers", we may just find out.

I still like the idea of Potter, Ciraldo, and Flanno as a super team though. Get Flanno in as defensive coach.

Also Steve Turner is working with coaching staff at the moment.
We are now the panthers seconds team

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The hype around this guy is ridiculous. From what I saw when Ivan let him take the reigns for a couple of games last year the bloke couldn’t run a fucking bath let alone a footy team such as ours.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never rated Dean Pay in fact totally forgot about him, was thinking more Warren Ryan.
I know, but Dean Pay was supposed to be the defence oriented coach & was much better than Barrett & Potter in THAT respect.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs 8 premierships
Chocolate starfishes 3 premierships

Now piss off back to your own forum and stop stinking this place up with your stupidity.
@The Raven for a team that has been in the competition since 1967 AND with the biggest & best junior league in most of that time, 3 premierships is a poor result. Cronulla's even worse.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus's comments during last night's game criticism of coaches persisting to manufacture the next Yeo or Jake turbo ballplaying 13s is valid. We had Tbaz trying to do the same with Jackson . Tbaz goes and so does the plan and our attack gets unshackled and improves. Makes me think now Gus might have done more than just put the jeans on and take the whistle for a training session before the roosters game.
I hope Gus's judgement on Ciraldo as a good fit to our coaching requirements is correct.
We need a coach to utilise our roster's strengths and not forcing the team to play like that of the Panthers system. Tbaz could not let go of his Penrith handbook. References such as Kyle Flanagan being the next Nathan Cleary by him, showed he never saw it for what it was. On top of many other decision failures.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The hype around this guy is ridiculous. From what I saw when Ivan let him take the reigns for a couple of games last year the bloke couldn’t run a fucking bath let alone a footy team such as ours.
I don't get the hype either. Speaking in this recent interview with James Graham, Ciraldo basically said he hasn't really coached the team when Cleary has been absent. All the decisions are still made by Cleary, he's just not physically there. The entire coaching staff share the load when he's absent.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Crichton is definitely a top class centre, hes played origin and scored the winning try in the GF, hes proven he can play at the top level, however avo can become a top class fullback imo, keep him there
I think he was selected for origin due primarily to the Penrith combinations, and he was pretty ordinary through the series. Still, he's one of the better club-land centres.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He just said himself he’s ready to take a head coach gig and more ready than others

“He’s done his time ‘

It’s basically a done deal
Seemed that Cleary confirmed it all bar showing a photo of Ciraldo and Gus sitting at his desk signing the contract lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol the panthers had been nothing but a bottom feeding team before gus put his systems in play or do you forget that? Roster is amazing now with a huge hand from Gus. Enjoy it while it lasts. Ivan has shown at tigers and warriors he’s a fraud and as the cap catch’s up as it did to us and all clubs not cheating it comes to an end.

I’m sure that’s when having Gus gone will show what you lost.
Have to disagree on coach Cleary, the last time Warriors were a threat he was coach

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No he was adamant he hasn't signed anything yet so must of spoken to Ciraldo about it.
Not "technically" signed I took it as ...but looks a done deal.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You can dream but you'll never be the Panthers we own the west even when you buy our players and coaches .
And when we get our new stadium we will be the Mecca of the whole of the NRL . If we're Not already .
Penrith is a shit hole. End of story.