Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeh this is so true. Potter was a magpies coach and Gus picked him ahead of our assistants to take over.

Since then one of bazs assistance who Gus overlooked is gone to where ever next year.

If Gus is choosing to sign ciraldo as coach I’ll back him. He made the right call with potter as the cover over the assistance and perhaps that’s the role potter takes over.

While I to fear the Baz/pay repeat I also think that this bloke was chased very hard by numerous clubs…. Which rookie coach gets a 5 year offer…. And turns it down ffs…. He must be alright and knows he’s got a bright future or even better knew he had a better club he desired more (us). Hopefully that’s showing us we get a fitzy or payten result.

His connections to the panthers kids will be huge I’m sure and certainly help kikau and burton!
potter was mounties coach which is our 2nd reserve grade side so he was paid by the club already. He stayed at Mounties as he coached them the year before when they were our only reserve grade team.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dave Ricco said on NRL Tonight that nothings signed and we probably won't know anything for a 1 week.
He also said no formal offer has been made which I find hard to believe if Ciraldos having lunch dates with the Laundys already. Gus has played the media like an absolute pro literally nobody's got a clue.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Potter knows that Ciraldo a done deal

You can tell by his what he said about wanting to be Assistant or still be involved with the club in its football capacity
Im not saying its fake news, may well be true. But people lose their minds about trivial unsubstanciated shit on here all the time.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
potter was mounties coach which is our 2nd reserve grade side so he was paid by the club already. He stayed at Mounties as he coached them the year before when they were our only reserve grade team.
I know mate. I’m just saying I think Gus has shown he knows his shit. He promoted him
Over the assistant coach’s available. One of them has gone for next season already.

If Gus thinks our best
Choice is ciraldo and maybe potter as assistant I’ll back him. Most people said wtf when potter was promoted.

I trust in Gus. Just not Fucking Freddy.

You might of missed all the shit about ciraldo, Crichton, to’o and leinu before.

Any truth to any of it? Said your the panthers inside info man.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
10th - 12th place next year calling it now.

An unproven rookie again SERIOUSLY. Wait till 24 and get a top coach, sick of rookies if we sign him we might as well head to the pokies because we’re gambling.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably made up, like you said he's going to cost big money to pinch from Penrith and that's money that could be better spent elsewhere. He also got exposed in SOO like a lot of the Panther boys so I doubt he even worth the money we'd have to pay.
Totally agree about some of the Panthers boys being exposed in SOO.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we aren’t the club to be taking chances on rookie coaches
I bet you the sharks and cowboys are glad they did. Gus was bought back to the Dogs to fix this joint and if he believes that Ciraldo is the man for the job I am fine with it and I will support Cameron 100%. The last time we had a defense minded coach as our head coach we were known as the Dogs Of War!!! :grinning:

Last edited:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can dream but you'll never be the Panthers we own the west even when you buy our players and coaches .
And when we get our new stadium we will be the Mecca of the whole of the NRL . If we're Not already .
Dream on, skintube. It's not about players and coaches. Penrith decided they no longer needed the man who singlehandedly made them into the club they have now become, and he is working his magic for us, instead.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can dream but you'll never be the Panthers we own the west even when you buy our players and coaches .
And when we get our new stadium we will be the Mecca of the whole of the NRL . If we're Not already .
Maybe we should also buy all your beauty salons, see how your players play without getting their manicures.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt be bragging too much. Remains to be seen if you'll be consistant for years to come like the Storm or fall off a cliff.
Flash stadium wont matter if your losing.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol the panthers had been nothing but a bottom feeding team before gus put his systems in play or do you forget that? Roster is amazing now with a huge hand from Gus. Enjoy it while it lasts. Ivan has shown at tigers and warriors he’s a fraud and as the cap catch’s up as it did to us and all clubs not cheating it comes to an end.

I’m sure that’s when having Gus gone will show what you lost.

The Raven

Waterboy
Reaction score
True its also about jnr development and being a well run club and please your giving Gould too much credit many others behind the scenes. like Matt Cameron who does that job now was responsible for pathways and elite programs .
Gus was at Panthers 4 years longer than required .

Malla

Reaction score
10th - 12th place next year calling it now.

An unproven rookie again SERIOUSLY. Wait till 24 and get a top coach, sick of rookies if we sign him we might as well head to the pokies because we’re gambling.
Is that you Bilal

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
No we don’t want to BE yous we want to USE yous haha