Rumour Bulldogs closing in on Cam Cirald

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
can't be bothered reading the same things over and over again... so apologies if already been said.

we need to stop comparing Ciraldo to Baz. the only similarity is they came from the same successful system.

The differences though are massive. If Ciraldo gets a chance to show what he is made of, well he may be successful. but the likelihood of him being a failure has nothing to do with Baz.

Baz was a failure of a head coach before he went back to Panthers. His failure can be understood based on his previous behaviour.

Another factor, successful players don't make great coaches. I have found that has to do with talent. Great players have the talent, and it comes a little easier. Just First grade players that don't set the world on fire have to understand the game from every angle, to get those opportunities to play first grade. That in their playing career can only help when becoming a coach. Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy they were not super star players. Also why Andrew John's would be a shit coach.

Name one superstar player that became a super coach?

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
fuck me dead
maybe Do some homework been in the Panthers system for years as even coached the Panthers 1st grade on numerous times he will bring players to the club! He has brought up most of the players in 1st grade since they were in the under 21s team so before you say no way do your homework!

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I have my doubts due to Ciraldo’s age (barely older than some players) and lack of NRL head coaching experience, I have faith in Gus to make the right call. Ciraldo couldn’t have been the most sought after coach for no reason. It is a risk, but let’s get behind him if he does join and hope for all our sakes we are not back at square one in 2 years time

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d like to see potter given another year but if it’s ciraldo I’m good with that. As long as it’s not the flamingos dad

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was something a few pages back where it said Ciraldo was there with his manager and accountant. Laundy owns the pub and could have sat there for 60 seconds with them, enough for someone to take a picture. Really could be a case of putting 1 and 1 together and coming up with 3.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe Do some homework been in the Panthers system for years as even coached the Panthers 1st grade on numerous times he will bring players to the club! He has brought up most of the players in 1st grade since they were in the under 21s team so before you say no way do your homework!
who are you

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
can't be bothered reading the same things over and over again... so apologies if already been said.

we need to stop comparing Ciraldo to Baz. the only similarity is they came from the same successful system.

The differences though are massive. If Ciraldo gets a chance to show what he is made of, well he may be successful. but the likelihood of him being a failure has nothing to do with Baz.

Baz was a failure of a head coach before he went back to Panthers. His failure can be understood based on his previous behaviour.

Another factor, successful players don't make great coaches. I have found that has to do with talent. Great players have the talent, and it comes a little easier. Just First grade players that don't set the world on fire have to understand the game from every angle, to get those opportunities to play first grade. That in their playing career can only help when becoming a coach. Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy they were not super star players. Also why Andrew John's would be a shit coach.

Name one superstar player that became a super coach?
Bob Fulton
Ricky Stuart
Chris Anderson

3 off the top of my head

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The only reason I want ciraldo to come to the dogs is because of the tigers stupid statement. Fuck it'll feel good to rub it in the Mrs and her families face haha
What was their statement again, Umo?

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo knows every young Panther guns and their system. We will be expecting alot of upgrades on our juniors and alot of signings mostly from the Eels and Panthers.