News Bulldogs chief wants rep bodies to chip in for injured players

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let the Roosters get the rule changed if happened to them because we have already been bent over. We tried to get it changed and we got knocked back. The Foran decision is done and dusted we don't get any advantage if they change it now.

I'm not sure being vocal or quite in the media has that much of an effect its just about being smart behind the scenes and knowing how to get around the NRL rules.
We clearly have different opinions about this and I don't think I'll change yours. So I'm not going to keep pushing my point. But on a rare occasion when the media conspired to comment on the fact that the Roosters had a roster packed with talent while other teams have comparatively poor rosters, the Roosters came out with an article in one of the papers to put forward the idea that players will sacrifice a few hundred thousand to play for their club. It was widely seen as a laughable article by many on here.

So even they know that public perception can aid them. I think our club have to work at altering our own public perception and things like the last couple of articles are a part of it.

I do see your point about having to be smarter in finding avenues to skirt the rules though. Because I really have trouble in thinking that players will generally sacrifice a huge amount of money on such a regular basis.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great work by Hill to attack the NRL and Rep governing bodies and trying to expose how flawed the system is.. The silence from the other CEOs is deafening and until everyone attacks the NRL in unicen, nothing will change..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. NZRL have fk all money and the likes of Auckland Rugby League (ARL) has more/in fact a war chest

2. I’m pretty sure NZRL has an insurance policy for loss of income for every player that plays for the national side /At least they used to when I looked after it a decade ago