Bulldogs Chasing Fifita

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Just saw the report on channel 9, Dogs to throw big money at Fafita. As match as I would love him at the doggies, what does that mean. Money spent in the wrong place? What about our younger forwards coming through or a need for a fullback, possible halfback, possible hooker, I'm so split on this decision. But fairdinkum come near us if we do land him. Maybe I would like to sign him but at what cost. It would put a lot of up comers back and looking elsewhere, or do we lose the likes of, god I'm not even sure who's off contract, maybe Tolman, Browne, help me out? What damage would it cause to our roster and cap balance especially if we still need a FB. We do have young backs coming through, can we afford this. Don't want to lose the likes of Graham, Burr, Kas, Klemmer etc and I know some I have mentioned have extended deals, but how do we fit him in?
Are you seriously saying you'd miss out on Fifita to keep Browne? Give me a break. Who gives a **** how we fit him in. How do the roosters or Souths afford half their forwards?

As far a hooker and halves goes we are close to securing Lichaa and we have extended Mbyes contract. Thats investing in promising youngsters.

Fullback will be sorted out. You don't stop all other recruitment with the hope of securing someone or anyone for that matter in a certain position

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are you seriously saying you'd miss out on Fifita to keep Browne? Give me a break. Who gives a **** how we fit him in. How do the roosters or Souths afford half their forwards?

As far a hooker and halves goes we are close to securing Lichaa and we have extended Mbyes contract. Thats investing in promising youngsters.

Fullback will be sorted out. You don't stop all other recruitment with the hope of securing someone or anyone for that matter in a certain position
Slow down mate no I'm not saying I'd prefer Brown, I was simply working through how we could make room for Fafita. You've taken me out of context, I was working through who I would let go to fit him in. However as match as I would wish and hope he comes, I believe we need to spend the money in other areas.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
I like this rumour , true or not, hopefully it sends a message to our boys NOT to put inept performances or we looking for replacements

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If true probably means Graham ain't staying.
Meant to be very close to re-signed according to article other week with Morris, Mbye and Ennis.

Let's hope so.

The only logic I see in this is either Graham is really leaving (****ING HOPE NOT) although Fifita is as good as replacement as you could ask for.

T Williams has been told hes taking a huge pay cut or farking off.

This is his manager using us or us using him to secure Lichaa.

N

Natboy

Maybe Des is sick of Kasiano getting injured so much or he will play second row. I'd love him but would prefer a fullback

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maybe Des is sick of Kasiano getting injured so much or he will play second row. I'd love him but would prefer a fullback
Agree though no real quality fullbacks off contract is there.

I mean Hayne, Dugan, Milford, Slater, Inglis, Tomkins all spoken for. I wouldn't want to see Slater near a Bulldog jersey. Neither B Stewart and is a injured to much, throw in Gordon to that. Boyd same as Slater yuck and never will leave Wayne.

Barba well say no more.

RTS is groomed for Mino's replacemnet.

Doesn't leave a lot of quality.

Locke or Hoffman clearly aren't high priority or we'd have them earlier.

Infact only one I could say possibly happening is Locke. Unless we take a youngster or groom someone...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see fifita going to roosters with their sbw money

Last edited by a moderator:

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I mean Hayne, Dugan, Milford, Slater, Inglis, Tomkins all spoken for. I wouldn't want to see Slater near a Bulldog jersey. Neither B Stewart and is a injured to much, throw in Gordon to that. Boyd same as Slater yuck and never will leave Wayne.

Barba well say no more.

Infact only one I could say possibly happening is Locke. Unless we take a youngster or groom someone...
I'd welcome Slater or Stewart in a heartbeat..and you would be crazy if you don't want either of those two in your team...especially a team that doesn't have an eatablished fullback

N

Natboy

I'd love RTS to have a falling out with the coach and we snatch him. Imagine that!
As far as the fullbacks, contracts don't mean a lot these days with homesickness a new epidemic of plague proportions and it would be for 2015 so who knows what the club has planned

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Natboy;2726521[B said:
Maybe Des is sick of Kasiano getting injured so much[/B] or he will play second row. I'd love him but would prefer a fullback
If we are after Fifita I think that this is the real reason why. As well as Eastwood being pretty chancy injury wise.

One fit gun forward will give the club a lot more than two carrying injuries.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't Fifita have a brother? Is he any good?

Is he worth chasing considering his smaller fee?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Doesn't Fifita have a brother? Is he any good?

Is he worth chasing considering his smaller fee?
I remember there was talk that he is even better than him.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score

Barba well say no more.

I'd take Hiku from manly.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I'd love RTS to have a falling out with the coach and we snatch him. Imagine that!
As far as the fullbacks, contracts don't mean a lot these days with homesickness a new epidemic of plague proportions and it would be for 2015 so who knows what the club has planned
Thats the thing Nat - chooks cant keep everyone

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thats the thing Nat - chooks cant keep everyone

That's the problem though, SBW will be gone.

Evans is off contract who has as much hype as Klemmer or close too.

Moga is who was hyped up too, Langi and Le'strange.

Though the only one's of note outside of SBW are Moa, Liu!

The year after will kill their roster. JWH, Tupou, Frank Paul, Napa, Mortimer, Maloney, SKD, Guerra, Friend, Casty.

RTS is locked up till end of 2016 I think.

You would imagine SBW money will see the keep Moa and whoever else they want.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hope we have a go for Koribete from Tigers for a wing, exactly type of winger we need and lack badly.

George Taufua is a perfect option too!

Mansour is another perfect option off contract.

Feldt is off contract and could be an option.

Locke is the only fullback off contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.