Bulldogs Chasing Fifita

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We don't need Fifita. If T-Rex leaves at the end of 2014, it gives an opportunity to the younger lads.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ummmm Ummmm

TRex is due for a big season, if that doesn't occur maybe we will replace him with Fifita.

I mean you can't have someone dragging the team and not putting in 110%.

Could be unrelated to Graham completely this enquiry.
Is it possible to release a player because they aren't performing? He's not going to want to leave his huge pay cheque behind.

N

Natboy

Is it possible to release a player because they aren't performing? He's not going to want to leave his huge pay cheque behind.
He'll be given permission to be shopped around & if no one wants him we could be stuck with him BUT let's hope he pulls his finger out this year!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not going to say "we don't need Fifita" but our forward pack is our strength. We have a good mix of brains and brawn.

Any club would LOVE to have Fifita (LOL Western Tigers of Campebelltown/Leichardt/SFS) but not at the reported price he's asking/is on.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
The one he put on watmough last year at brookie will forever be etched in my memory bank. Not only stopped him but put him out of the game. Stopped him in his tracks or should i say smashed him.
yeah the man love for this bloke is ridiculous :p

what about when freddy ciraldo went to shake his hand (cant remember which game), knowing we had clearly won with minutes to go, and he just brushed him off as if to say "fook off mate, the games not finished yet". lol classic

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Ummmm Ummmm

TRex is due for a big season, if that doesn't occur maybe we will replace him with Fifita.

I mean you can't have someone dragging the team and not putting in 110%.

Could be unrelated to Graham completely this enquiry.
I think it's a bit too much to ask players to put in 110% all the time.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
We should throw money at a fullback , not another forward

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay so Graham is set to sign. As I suspected, Dogs interest in Fifita is not to replace Graham.

Still thinking TRex might be in trouble if he doesn't have a solid season.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Okay so Graham is set to sign. As I suspected, Dogs interest in Fifita is not to replace Graham.

Still thinking TRex might be in trouble if he doesn't have a solid season.
Hope so, we cant have another year with Barney as a passenger.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id play fifita at second row too so he could cause chaos on the edges inside jmoz ... Now thats wow!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There has been a fair bit of discussion about Andrew Fifita being sussed out to replace James Graham. However, now that it has been reported that Graham, Morris and Ennis are all extending their contracts It would appear that James Graham doesn't need a replacement.

The way I see it the careers of Kasiano and Eastwood have been and still are being plagued by injury. If the Bulldogs are trying to sign Andrew Fifita it will be to plug the holes they leave.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even if we didn't re-sign Graham I wouldn't see the point in signing Fifita to a $800k to a $1 million deal when we still have Tolman, Kasiano, Klemmer, Lloyd Perrett, Tim Browne and maybe Finucane/Eastwood who can play in the middle also. Most teams would kill for props like ours and we need to spend big on a star halfback or fullback if the suitable one becomes available. It's just the media linking us and every club to Fifita to run another story but I doubt there was every any foundation to it.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just saw the report on channel 9, Dogs to throw big money at Fafita. As match as I would love him at the doggies, what does that mean. Money spent in the wrong place? What about our younger forwards coming through or a need for a fullback, possible halfback, possible hooker, I'm so split on this decision. But fairdinkum come near us if we do land him. Maybe I would like to sign him but at what cost. It would put a lot of up comers back and looking elsewhere, or do we lose the likes of, god I'm not even sure who's off contract, maybe Tolman, Browne, help me out? What damage would it cause to our roster and cap balance especially if we still need a FB. We do have young backs coming through, can we afford this. Don't want to lose the likes of Graham, Burr, Kas, Klemmer etc and I know some I have mentioned have extended deals, but how do we fit him in?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just saw the report on channel 9, Dogs to throw big money at Fafita. As match as I would love him at the doggies, what does that mean. Money spent in the wrong place? What about our younger forwards coming through or a need for a fullback, possible halfback, possible hooker, I'm so split on this decision. But fairdinkum come near us if we do land him. Maybe I would like to sign him but at what cost. It would put a lot of up comers back and looking elsewhere, or do we lose the likes of, god I'm not even sure who's off contract, maybe Tolman, Browne, help me out? What damage would it cause to our roster and cap balance especially if we still need a FB. We do have young backs coming through, can we afford this. Don't want to lose the likes of Graham, Burr, Kas, Klemmer etc and I know some I have mentioned have extended deals, but how do we fit him in?
I doubt it's true. Though if it is imagine the pack...

Tolman, Ennis, Kasiano Klemmer Graham Fifita
Fifita (could be played in backrow) Pritchard, Williams if kept, Eastwood, Jackson, Finucane, Burr, Patty O

Tolman, Kasiano, Klemmer, Pritchard, Eastwood, Finucane, Jackson all wrapped up. Hopefully Graham is real soon. Williams is though the talk is if he doesn't pull his socks up will be told to fark off.

Mataiu, Browne, Burr, Alaalatoa and a few others like Mitch Brown, Lafai, Low are off contract for the following season so could all be gone though hopefully not and obviously need to be replaced. Lafai & Burr need to be kept.

Though we have cap increase and obviously well under the cap when you see who we lost last year and who we gained.

That said I still as mentioned call bs.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I call BS also, just peddling his money up as all the player managers do.
But, it would be totally awesome if we did sign him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah it's complete bullshit, if he was a fullback, halfback or hooker then it would be more believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.