News Bulldogs bid to poach Phil Gould from Warriors

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So this is the signing you were alluding too ? I thought it was smith and a forward from Queensland
Seems like he is taking credit for any credible bulldogs news.

If you have concrete news, post it. The “rumours” and speculations don’t help us when we are desperate for positives

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like to see this to happen. Gus isn't everyone's cup of tea but Penrith wouldn't be where they are without him and the Warriors probably wouldn't have signed Walsh without his influence...

Having Gus on board would further legitimise our quest to be a contender again and he'd help us poach the best juniors as he's always had an eye for talent.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if he can play hooker and do grubber kicks in the 20 metre zone. If so sign him up

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like he is taking credit for any credible bulldogs news.

If you have concrete news, post it. The “rumours” and speculations don’t help us when we are desperate for positives
your on the wrong track here, re read the thread this is D Voice's "mail"

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gould was never coming to the Dogs when the Andersons were here.
Whilst Bullfrog did wonders for this club, his one weakness was his family & nepotism. Would we have won more premierships had Gould stayed? We should have won more comps in the 90s than just 1.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
At last the club has started reading my posts hahaha

Newscorp don't like him "apparently" but we'd get better press from SMH and Ch9 for sure....that's all part of a re-build for the club, better press, as well as the player market and junior recruitment.

It would free up Baz from having to fly to Melbourne etc and recruitment, and stick to coaching.

Pray people.

Last edited:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may explain why we have been quiet in regards to recruitment. Hoping this is true

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst Bullfrog did wonders for this club, his one weakness was his family & nepotism. Would we have won more premierships had Gould stayed? We should have won more comps in the 90s than just 1.
and this is why I have had little time for the griping from the Hughes family... got so much preferential treatment over decades from the club but act like they are still owed something

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d say yea in a heart beat, need it, Gus and castle were in a few heated debates over our jnrs when she canned it so make money, be good to see the direction he’s give us, fingers crossed if true

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Would be a huge benefit in a number of areas and would be a great sounding board for Barrett also.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given how the Barrett ride has gone so far I think it would be the best possible move the club could make unless they pinched Bellamy or Bennett, but I think both of those are headed to QLD.

It may turn out to be the worst move for Barrett though as Gould will push him under the bus in a heart beat if the results don't come. It might end in tears again in 4 or 5 years but I am pretty sure we will be in a better place if he has been back in the joint.

Buckle your seat belts if it happens..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He just confirmed the offer but declined it as he’s committed to the Warriors job.