News Bulldogs' bad run 'testing' frustrated playmaker Foran

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could not disagree more, the quickest way to start winning is to improve the defense, hand-in-hand with that is to reduce errors in our own half.
The game against St George, all they had to do was wait for a handling error in our half then they just strolled through our rice paper thin defense.

Everybody hated Des ball right? Hated it, but at least our defense was committed and it allowed the team to grind out some wins. When you don’t have an attacking fullback and not much attacking creativity in the halves that is what you have to do to win games.
If that's your point, then we should definitnely bring back Lachlan Lewis. One of the best defensive halfbacks in the game if not the best. As for the rest, Montoya vs Holland are both equally bad at defence.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This sounds like a dig at the coach to me lol, Foran will leave if he gets a half decent offer.He doesn’t need the $$$ he wants to be in a winning culture.
One could only hope he leaves

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If that's your point, then we should definitnely bring back Lachlan Lewis. One of the best defensive halfbacks in the game if not the best. As for the rest, Montoya vs Holland are both equally bad at defence.
The team’s problem with defense this season are same as they were 1st half of last season.

1. The forwards bunching in the centre of the field and not sliding when the opposition sends the ball to the edge exposing our edge defenders who face an overlap.

2. Inexperienced NRL level wingers and centres who haven’t been able handle above mentioned issue that well.

Coach hello??

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The team’s problem with defense this season are same as they were 1st half of last season.

1. The forwards bunching in the centre of the field and not sliding when the opposition sends the ball to the edge exposing our edge defenders who face an overlap.

2. Inexperienced NRL level wingers and centres who haven’t been able handle above mentioned issue that well.

Coach hello??
I'm sure you remember those great Canberra defences when Pay was the defence coach.

Yeah, neither do I.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Club has raised the white flag and coach is determined to run with it.. where is the fight to prove everyone wrong?
Maybe Pay has raised the white flag, but the club certainly hasnt

The board has been fighting with the salary cap and looks like they have beaten it.

On the other hand, Pay seems to have a new opponent every round......Ogden, CHN, Martin, Crichton, Montoya and so on

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep true, the support play within the team is terrible. I don't know if it is lack of motivation (I think there is a very bad culture in the team at present) or if they are not trained to do it?
Defenitely training/confidence related imo. We don't focus on in game situations at training, that's why our players react so poorly to things happening Infront of them. I bet Bellamy prepares his players for as many in game situations so when they happen on the field then all the players are on the same page and react accordingly, if they don't then I bet he absolutely blasts them and has every right to because this is what he prepared them for.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Enjoy..."never say die this team" Relf's pass 10 min mark.

Man I miss seeing us being able to play at that level. I went from sitting there thinking we were done like a roast to next minute losing my mind in jubilation. The Rod Silva try was pure magic!!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Coach hello??
Your spot on about the bunching in the middle of the field
Two of saints tries were scored due to that reason
I was sitting in line with those plays,the game came to a stop for whatever reason then all they did was spin the ball out really fast whilst
Our forwards stood around in LALA land
At the end Chtriton and the centre couldn’t do stuff all
It’s poor reflection on our alertness and training methods
Like watching U/10 play,quit embarrassing

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Your spot on about the bunching in the middle of the field
Two of saints tries were scored due to that reason
I was sitting in line with those plays,the game came to a stop for whatever reason then all they did was spin the ball out really fast whilst
Our forwards stood around in LALA land
At the end Chtriton and the centre couldn’t do stuff all
It’s poor reflection on our alertness and training methods
Like watching U/10 play,quit embarrassing
I know, it is so disappointing watching the soft tries scored against us because our forwards just don’t work hard enough in defense.

Holland, Okunbur & Montoya (especially) are not good defenders but they haven’t played much 1st grade.

Look we have problems all over the park but players don’t have to be super talented to learn how to tackle and work as a team in defense. They do have to be fit and committed and to trust your team mate on your outside shoulder so you can hold your position in the defensive line.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we wont fight our way out of it, we might buy our way out of it though

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, it is so disappointing watching the soft tries scored against us because our forwards just don’t work hard enough in defense.

Holland, Okunbur & Montoya (especially) are not good defenders but they haven’t played much 1st grade.

Look we have problems all over the park but players don’t have to be super talented to learn how to tackle and work as a team in defense. They do have to be fit and committed and to trust your team mate on your outside shoulder so you can hold your position in the defensive line.
I watched some of those tries with disbelief really
The try scorers just jogged across our line without a hand being put on them at the end
Anyway I’m no expert but put it on Pay and playing roster not being up to standard

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe Pay has raised the white flag, but the club certainly hasnt

The board has been fighting with the salary cap and looks like they have beaten it.

On the other hand, Pay seems to have a new opponent every round......Ogden, CHN, Martin, Crichton, Montoya and so on
They are certainly fighting the cap issue and they are doing well but their notion of we cant sign anyone until 2021 just comes across to me like they don't have much or any confidence in this squad this year hence putting the brakes on any belief the players may have.

With Pay following it up with his STUPID brand of coaching its no wonder we are in dire straights.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our defense is horrible. We are ALWAYS short of numbers when we don't have to be. Fast play the ball or slow it doesn't matter because we are ALWAYS short of numbers. Shit house.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They are certainly fighting the cap issue and they are doing well but their notion of we cant sign anyone until 2021 tells me they don't have much or any confidence in this squad this year hence putting the brakes on any belief the players may have.
"their notion of we cant sign anyone until 2021" who are they?
Regardless, demonstrably false, we just signed Stimson and DWZ ............ is it 2021 already?

Go Dogs

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
he wouldn't be human if he was not tested. We are all bloody tested! LOL

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Coach hello??
Are we the only team in the comp using the umbrella defence.
It was good tactic years ago (if done properly) but the games evolved so should our tactics most teams move up and slide but pay is as stubborn as des and wont change.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Are we the only team in the comp using the umbrella defence.
It was good tactic years ago (if done properly) but the games evolved so should our tactics most teams move up and slide but pay is as stubborn as des and wont change.
to be fair our defense under Des was much better.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"their notion of we cant sign anyone until 2021" who are they?
Regardless, demonstrably false, we just signed Stimson and DWZ ............ is it 2021 already?

Go Dogs
You certainly have reading problems...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our defense is horrible. We are ALWAYS short of numbers when we don't have to be. Fast play the ball or slow it doesn't matter because we are ALWAYS short of numbers. Shit house.
Your communication on field is only as good as your coaches.... Case closed.