News Bulldogs' bad run 'testing' frustrated playmaker Foran

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like a dig at the coach to me lol, Foran will leave if he gets a half decent offer.He doesn’t need the $$$ he wants to be in a winning culture.
Thought the same thing. Maybe the club are hoping Pay stands down instead of punting him

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That's exactly what i got out of it. He is trying his ass off, he has lost a lot of his pace but you put him in a better side and he would take that team far.

Doesnt help when he runs the ball, looks to his left and his options are

Elliott
Montoya
Okenbur..

Even Terry Lamb would be deflated if that was his outside men..
Yep true, the support play within the team is terrible. I don't know if it is lack of motivation (I think there is a very bad culture in the team at present) or if they are not trained to do it?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring back Lewis, Holland, CHN, Okunbor (when healthy). We barely score tries. Defence not important, its not like Montoya is a defensive juggernaught, actually he is the opposite. Get the best offensive players on the team and at least score. Besides, if we put up better attacking sets, it will alleviate our defensive pressure for we will gain more territory/have ball more often/score more.
Could not disagree more, the quickest way to start winning is to improve the defense, hand-in-hand with that is to reduce errors in our own half.
The game against St George, all they had to do was wait for a handling error in our half then they just strolled through our rice paper thin defense.

Everybody hated Des ball right? Hated it, but at least our defense was committed and it allowed the team to grind out some wins. When you don’t have an attacking fullback and not much attacking creativity in the halves that is what you have to do to win games.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This sounds like a dig at the coach to me lol, Foran will leave if he gets a half decent offer.He doesn’t need the $$$ he wants to be in a winning culture.
The sooner he leaves the better

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Could not disagree more, the quickest way to start winning is to improve the defense, hand-in-hand with that is to reduce errors in our own half.
The game against St George, all they had to do was wait for a handling error in our half then they just strolled through our rice paper thin defense.

Everybody hated Des ball right? Hated it, but at least our defense was committed and it allowed the team to grind out some wins. When you don’t have an attacking fullback and not much attacking creativity in the halves that is what you have to do to win games.
The majority of tries saints scored against us would never have been scored against better opposition

Pay is playing Desball without the defense. As much as i hated Des at least we didnt leak in easy tries the way we are now.

Meaney needs peptides and aggression then he can come back and be FB. He isnt the answer atm.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
18 months to go and we will have $1m + extra in the kitty!

Can you believe it that you could almost have Jayden Brailey, Bronson Xerri and Kyle Flanagan for the price of Kieran Foran? FUCK ME DEAD

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The majority of tries saints scored against us would never have been scored against better opposition

Pay is playing Desball without the defense. As much as i hated Des at least we didnt leak in easy tries the way we are now.

Meaney needs peptides and aggression then he can come back and be FB. He isnt the answer atm.
Agree with you!
Do you remeber Ron Silva's try from a Robert Relf off load in the 1998 prelim final against Parramatta.
Oh to have players with that skill level and most important belief in their team mates again.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree with you!
Do you remeber Ron Silva's try from a Robert Relf off load in the 1998 prelim final against Parramatta.
Oh to have players with that skill level and most important belief in their team mates again.
I was there that game, not only did he have skill level, he had the vision to be there in that gap and Ward was no Lolo but he knew Silva would be there.

Can never ever see that happening with Elliott or Meaney..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was there that game, not only did he have skill level, he had the vision to be there in that gap and Ward was no Lolo but he knew Silva would be there.

Can never ever see that happening with Elliott or Meaney..
Oh man you lucky son of a gun being there!!
I was watching the game in Melbourne and my dad came up to my place to watch (he passed last year) but I had to take my son to his indoor soccer.
So being Melbourne the match wasn’t on the radio, when I got home I came in and looked expectantly at dad and he shook his head like…nah stuffed.
Then sat down and watch that amazing finish.
As you said Ward (thought is was Relf) just knew rocket would be there!!

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys just wait till 2021. Legit its over for us until then.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wanna win.. I have an idea. Sack Pay!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Enjoy..."never say die this team" Relf's pass 10 min mark.

I feel sorry for the new generation of Bulldog fans I attended plenty of games when I was young with my family but it wasn't until 92/93 that I actually knew what was going on and that decade gave me so many great memories in 95 and 98.

The youngsters these days get nothing even close to that unfortunately and its those great memories that turn people into rusted on fans.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Enjoy..."never say die this team" Relf's pass 10 min mark.

I rate that try the best ever in my books.. was a 12yr old fanatic in the stands when I just saw Silva take that miracle and launch himself to the try line. From that moment every supporter knew we had it. Still get goosebumps.

O Meaney where art thou...

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Oh man you lucky son of a gun being there!!
I was watching the game in Melbourne and my dad came up to my place to watch (he passed last year) but I had to take my son to his indoor soccer.
So being Melbourne the match wasn’t on the radio, when I got home I came in and looked expectantly at dad and he shook his head like…nah stuffed.
Then sat down and watch that amazing finish.
As you said Ward (thought is was Relf) just knew rocket would be there!!
It was robert relf... my bad. They were similar type players. As for that game we left just before dogs scored 1st try in comeback. Got down the road and bus driver said it was 18-all..never ran so fast in mu life. By time i ran back i nearly passed out and saw Polla mounter kick the FG (or so we thought ).
Then sat and watched thw extra time .One of the best days ever..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the new generation of Bulldog fans I attended plenty of games when I was young with my family but it wasn't until 92/93 that I actually knew what was going on and that decade gave me so many great memories in 95 and 98.

The youngsters these days get nothing even close to that unfortunately and its those great memories that turn people into rusted on fans.
80s 90s were golden eras under the same people and family whom are back in charge of the club.. hopefully they pull through this shit and we get back there.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would be less concerned about Foran going than I was Klem, or Cooke. He was a gun when at Manly but those days are gone and although he has played some tough footy of late you need to consider bang for buck with him. As he is on probably $1Mil a year and he is no Ponga in age or talent, so if he went you could spend $500k for Gagai and another $400k for Segeyaro at hooker (the most important position to fill and get right in my eyes). Or you could even save a few bucks and give Robbie Farrah $300k a year or two to teach JMK or someone else how to play hooker.

Then if we have real money for 2021 chase a star half. We wont win the comp without a star half, no team does except for maybe StGeorge under Bennett but even Jamie Soward player S.O.O.

But at least we could win a few more games, appease the fan base and sponsors and develop some of the younger blokes we have both in FG, and the ones coming thru.