News Bulldogs back-rower Adam Elliott fronts media for first time since Michael Lichaa incident

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs back-rower Adam Elliott swatted away questions about his personal life after fronting the media for the first time since he was embroiled in another off-season scandal.

Elliott was at the centre of a confrontation with former Bulldogs hooker Michael Lichaa last month amid accusations he had been “making out” with his ex-team-mate’s fiancee, Kara Childerhouse.

Lichaa has been charged with three offences including common assault.

The back-rower said in a statement released by Canterbury that he “will undertake professional help in regard to issues with alcohol”.

Speaking for the first time since the incident, Elliott said: “I think the club has dealt with that. “It’s a private matter, out of all due respect to everyone involved in that I’d like to keep it that way. It was addressed in the statement released by the club.”

Asked if the incident damaged the club, Elliott responded by saying: “I think we’ve all got a really good focus on Round 1 right now.”

“Everyone turned up to the trial in really good stead. We were really clear on how we wanted to play and how we want to look as a team. I feel that’s the same looking forward to Round 1 against Newcastle.”

When asked whether he had fronted his teammates and if the incident had affected him mentally, he again played a straight bat.

“Like I said, around that whole incident it’s a private matter,” he replied.

“I won’t delve into that. I’ve dealt with that as I saw fit with my teammates early on in the piece. All our focus is into playing footy together and supporting each other as a team.

“I think I’m really lucky that I’ve got a really supportive club, teammates and system around me that I was able to focus on for the job I’m here to do. I’m a Dogs man through and through.”

Elliott, who will play on the left edge for the Bulldogs after coming back from shoulder surgery, says he suffered other injuries while making his comeback.

He returned to action on Saturday when he scored a try in the trial win over Cronulla and hopes he will be fit for the entire 26 rounds of the season.

“I got a really good load through it,” he added.

“I tore my bicep on that side and tore my calf in the pre season.

“When I tore my calf, it gave me a big period to put a big focus on my shoulder and make sure it’s strong and ready to go and I’m feeling confident.”

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Grub but looked good in the trial lol. His two? games on the edge last season and this one are promising, looks like he has found his spot.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Grub but looked good in the trial lol. His two? games on the edge last season and this one are promising, looks like he has found his spot.
yeh i'd leave him on the edge for now, just not sure which side depending on RFM, i'd say RFM should be left and Elliot right? I dunno

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yeh i'd leave him on the edge for now, just not sure which side depending on RFM, i'd say RFM should be left and Elliot right? I dunno
I thought Elliott was better suited to the right but he looked comfortable on the left, having him next to Averillo may also be better for the team. RFM played right edge through the grades but apparently wants to play left? I'm sure they will play wherever...but I'd defenitely start with those two on the edge.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Elliott was better suited to the right but he looked comfortable on the left, having him next to Averillo may also be better for the team. RFM played right edge through the grades but apparently wants to play left? I'm sure they will play wherever...but I'd defenitely start with those two on the edge.
Guess we'll have to wait and see. I can see Baz persisting with Waddell

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliot played really well on the edge. You could see the Sharts forwards niggling away at him and he responded with focused aggression. That try was sheer determination. He and RFM on the edge and Jacko lock is definitely our best combination at this stage IMO.

Waddell on the bench for mine. He didn't have the happiest game but I can see the potential in him. Stimpson on the other hand just looks bog average every time I've seen him play and should be left to reserve grade. Both Doorey and Topine should be above him in the pecking order to gain first grade experience when needed or if Waddell doesn't perform.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh i hope he doesn't lol. I think he would be decent off the bench as your 3rd forward that can play across the pack but I wouldn't be starting him at this stage.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I can’t see baz leaving Waddell out of the 17. Every coach has their favourites. My guess is Waddell will be on the bench along with 2 props and a utility and will be rotated on for RFM or maybe Elliott. There’s also the option to move Elliott into the lock position to sub out jacko. If there are injuries Stimson and smith will move up.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah I can’t see baz leaving Waddell out of the 17. Every coach has their favourites. My guess is Waddell will be on the bench along with 2 props and a utility and will be rotated on for RFM or maybe Elliott. There’s also the option to move Elliott into the lock position to sub out jacko. If there are injuries Stimson and smith will move up.
As long as Waddell isn't starting Barrett can do whatever he likes with him.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every team we face will be niggling Elliot now about his mis adventures.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He's a piece of shite but that's my "personal opinion" and he's more a dog's arsehole then a dog so yeah whatever mate.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah bro we definitely looking far more fitter this season!
The boys numbers were good and we seemed to play at a higher tempo than the Sharks...completed 9 more sets with only 4% more possession, guess this is how we're going to try to play with a smaller more mobile pack.

Renouf impressed me the most after Elliott... 14 runs for 192m, 60 post contact metres, 2 offloads, 2 tackle breaks 10 tackles...even if you take away that big run his numbers were still great with his minutes (doesn't say, but I guess 35 @ most?)

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing Baz has to work on is on-field leadership. There doesn't appear to be any.