Bulldogs appoint new CEO - Raelene Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
The most impressive thing about this appointment... It was NOT leaked to the media!!

Her name only came up yesterday... Over the last decade or so, we've leaked more information then wikileaks, good to see that has stopped over the last few months!!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, and looking forward to see what she can offer the club.

I hope she spends time to understand the way the Bulldogs family work and the tradition and culture of the club...

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Congrats, and looking forward to see what she can offer the club.

I hope she spends time to understand the way the Bulldogs family work and the tradition and culture of the club...
Well the board has picked her. They would have asked all the questions & she must have ticked all the boxes.

Looking forward to the Bulldogs dominating in the NRL!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not that it matters but the sharks have had a female CEO from 88-89
No they havent.

The only female CEO in the game at all ever was the adelaide rams ceo during super league era. Didnt you read? Directors are not the CEO either. Clubs have had female directors before, just not CEOs

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh well, she has got the job so all we can do is support her and hope she makes the right moves, also hoping Greenburg pulls a few strings for us and cleans up the prejudiced mentality the Dogs cop sometimes.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Scouring through different articles, forums, comments at the bottom of articles, it seems that people are really happy with the dogs making this decision. Dave smith was really quick to point out that this is nice to see, and likewise alot of the critics have given us some good browning points.

Jay-Tee

Waterboy
Reaction score
Looks like our club just keeps expanding and raising our standards, Good to see her get the job so now lets hope she can continue the good work Todd has been doing for our club..... Now that we have everything sorted from contracts to new CEO lets hope there's no more distractions and just go out there and steam roll other teams like we did last year

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Congratulations to the new CEO, welcome to the doggies !!!

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Congrats Relene.

Looking forward to see what she can bring to the club. Will judge her efforts after a 3 years

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't know where the doubt comes from tbh...She's already been a CEO elsewhere so she must have some qualifications to successfully get the role. Woman might not traditionally play a great part in senior management roles but when they do they tend to be way above average. She's survived in a cutthroat world meant mostly for males, she must have some talent.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Congrats Raelene Castle!

This will no doubt give our club a better image and certainly push that women are equal to men, this is also great for aspiring business women in the Western Suburbs to see a woman get the top job at a league club when it is usually male dominated.

Kudos to our club and this also pushes our Kiwi connection the club has (and what a great connection it is).

I wish her and the club the best of luck for the years to come!!!

A little quote from one of Scribes songs:

Congratulations, we made it, welcome to the crusader, it's been a long time commin' yo!

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just watched the press conference and was very impressed.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs have today appointed Raelene Castle to the position of Chief Executive Officer, with her duties to commence on July 15.Castle joins the Bulldogs from Netball New Zealand where she has overseen exceptional growth in commercial and broadcast revenue during her six year tenure as Chief Executive.Castle was also heavily involved in the establishment and delivery of the ANZ Championship transTasman netball competition and lead the negotiations in securing the multi-million dollar naming rights sponsorship.Telecom, Fuji Xerox and Bank of New Zealand are amongst the leading corporate organisations Castle has served in marketing and business leadership roles and Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib says her appointment is a major coup for the Club.“Raelene was the standout applicant from a list of high quality candidates made up of sporting and business leaders from around the world,” Dib said.“Her combination of business and marketing acumen coupled with her experience with high performance athletes was unrivalled.“Under Raelene’s leadership the Bulldogs can move forward into a new era with great confidence.“It is also a watershed moment for the Bulldogs with the appointment of our first female Chief Executive and we’re delighted to welcome Raelene to the Club.”Castle brings to the job a strong Rugby League pedigree with her father Bruce Castle having captained New Zealand Kiwis against the Kangaroos in the 1960s.“I have grown up with Rugby League. I believe my appreciation of its history and the importance of the game to the Australian sporting landscape will be an excellent platform for the business acumen I bring to this role,” Castle said.“The strong governance, sound financial standing, alongside the priority the Bulldogs place on community engagement provide with me an excellent opportunity to continue the substantial growth the business has shown in recent times.“I am excited for the opportunities ahead for this Club and for Rugby League and I will look to continue a Bulldogs tradition of innovation and strong leadership to ensure we can make the most of them.”…Biography:Born: Wagga Wagga, NSW, Age 42Raelene and her partner Greg Jones will move to Australia in July. Her commercial acumen is matched by her sporting achievements. Raelene is a New Zealand Lawn Bowls champion and has also played netball and tennis at representative level.She is a Director of Netball New Zealand, ANZ Championship INF (International Netball Federation) and is the Chair of the NZ National Sports Organisations' leadership group. She is also a Trustee for the Rising Trust, which seeks to unlock the potential of South Auckland youth and a business mentor to young female executives.Raelene received the prestigious Sir Peter Blake Leadership Award in 2011.Parents:Bruce Castle: Kiwi Player 1961-67 and Captain in 1967. NZ Rugby League Selector 1999-2001Marlene Castle: New Zealand Bowls Representative 16 years, 4 Commonwealth Games, 1 silver medal and 2 bronze. Won World Indoor Singles.Source : http://www.nrl.com/bulldogs-appoint-new-ceo/tabid/10874/newsid/72577/default.aspx

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
y did dey pt a grl? dum fuks if u ask me

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If she is half as good as Todd then we are in good shape

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like she knows about footy, knows who the coach is. I am confident she can raise the bar and get us where TG has been trying all these years

Status
Not open for further replies.