Bulldogs appoint new CEO - Raelene Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Congratulations to Raelene! Hope you don't cop too much flack from the sexist male dominated industry you're about to dive into. Good luck. But just make one thing certain and that is that you do an equal if not better job at making the greatest club in RL progress further than it already has! Don't think you're going to come in and rest on TGs laurels. It's going to be twice as hard for you being a female, so go in swinging or you'll be out on your arse before someone says sexist male chauvinist pig!

This is The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, not the pride of the league, or the red V or any of that shite, but just simply the mighty Bulldogs. Born and bred to be tough!

Last edited by a moderator:

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
welcome to the hardest ceo job in the nrl, if you cut it here you can cut it anywhere

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
If the appointment is confirmed I wish her all the best. Women in league are not just cooks, taxi drivers and bottle washers.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im still waiting for my eggs benedict

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope she steers our club in the right direction.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Hello Raelene, good to have you aboard. Now you did have a half back with a kicking game in your luggage didn't you"? :biggrin:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Good stuff, hope she kills it.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I am very happy we have picked her. I think having a female CEO will make this more of a family club than it currently is (thanks to TG).

I have a 17 month old daughter and i'd love nothing more than for her to grow up supporting league and the bulldogs. Having a female CEO should get us a lot more female supporters.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
"Hey Shauny bro it Rae Rae from the doggies aye. Peck your begs and come play number 7 for us cuz. Heaps of kiwis already here"

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Congratulations to Raelene!...

This is The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs. Not the pride of the league or the red V or any of that shite, but just simply the mighty Bulldogs. Born and bred to be tough!
Well said mate.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think it will work, how long before she makes waves and fails?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Reading the Bulldogs email, it appears her father captained the Kiwis, so I am assuming she has along background following league.

AND was born in the Riverina :grinning:

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs have today appointed Raelene Castle to the position of Chief Executive Officer, with her duties to commence on July 15.
Castle joins the Bulldogs from Netball New Zealand where she has overseen exceptional growth in commercial and broadcast revenue during her six year tenure as Chief Executive.
Castle was also heavily involved in the establishment and delivery of the ANZ Championship trans-Tasman netball competition and lead the negotiations in securing the multi-million dollar naming rights sponsorship.
Telecom, Fuji Xerox and Bank of New Zealand are amongst the leading corporate organizations Castle has served in marketing and business leadership roles and Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib says her appointment is a major coup for the Club.
“Raelene was the standout applicant from a list of high quality candidates made up of sporting and business leaders from around the world,” Dib said.
“Her combination of business and marketing acumen coupled with her experience with high performance athletes was unrivalled.
“Under Raelene’s leadership the Bulldogs can move forward into a new era with great confidence.
“It is also a watershed moment for the Bulldogs with the appointment of our first female Chief Executive and we’re delighted to welcome Raelene to the Club.”
Castle brings to the job a strong Rugby League pedigree with her father Bruce Castle having captained New Zealand Kiwis against the Kangaroos in the 1960s.
“I have grown up with Rugby League. I believe my appreciation of its history and the importance of the game to the Australian sporting landscape will be an excellent platform for the business acumen I bring to this role,” Castle said.
“The strong governance, sound financial standing, alongside the priority the Bulldogs place on community engagement provide with me an excellent opportunity to continue the substantial growth the business has shown in recent times.
“I am excited for the opportunities ahead for this Club and for Rugby League and I will look to continue a Bulldogs tradition of innovation and strong leadership to ensure we can make the most of them.”
Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib will be joined by Raelene Castle for a media conference at the Bulldogs Centre of Excellence, Edison Lane, Belmore at 1pm today. Outgoing CEO Mr Todd Greenberg, Coach Des Hasler and senior players will also be available.
Biography:
Born: Wagga Wagga, NSW, Age 42
Raelene and her partner Greg Jones will move to Australia in July
Her commercial acumen is matched by her sporting achievements. Raelene is a New Zealand Lawn Bowls champion and has also played netball and tennis at representative level.
She is a Director of Netball New Zealand, ANZ Championship INF (International Netball Federation) and is the Chair of the NZ National Sports Organisations' leadership group. She is also a Trustee for the Rising Trust, which seeks to unlock the potential of South Auckland youth and a business mentor to young female executives.
Raelene received the prestigious Sir Peter Blake Leadership Award in 2011.
Parents:
Bruce Castle: Kiwi Player 1961-67 and Captain in 1967. NZ Rugby League Selector 1999-2001
Marlene Castle: New Zealand Bowls Representative 16 years, 4 Commonwealth Games, 1 silver medal and 2 bronze. Won World Indoor Singles

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-display/Raelene-Castle-Appointed-as-Bulldogs-CEO/75856

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that all jokes are aside.

Congratulations Raelene. Welcome to ze family

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs have today appointed Raelene Castle to the position of Chief Executive Officer, with her duties to commence on July 15.
Castle joins the Bulldogs from Netball New Zealand where she has overseen exceptional growth in commercial and broadcast revenue during her six year tenure as Chief Executive.
Castle was also heavily involved in the establishment and delivery of the ANZ Championship trans-Tasman netball competition and lead the negotiations in securing the multi-million dollar naming rights sponsorship.
Telecom, Fuji Xerox and Bank of New Zealand are amongst the leading corporate organizations Castle has served in marketing and business leadership roles and Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib says her appointment is a major coup for the Club.
“Raelene was the standout applicant from a list of high quality candidates made up of sporting and business leaders from around the world,” Dib said.
“Her combination of business and marketing acumen coupled with her experience with high performance athletes was unrivalled.
“Under Raelene’s leadership the Bulldogs can move forward into a new era with great confidence.
“It is also a watershed moment for the Bulldogs with the appointment of our first female Chief Executive and we’re delighted to welcome Raelene to the Club.”
Castle brings to the job a strong Rugby League pedigree with her father Bruce Castle having captained New Zealand Kiwis against the Kangaroos in the 1960s.
“I have grown up with Rugby League. I believe my appreciation of its history and the importance of the game to the Australian sporting landscape will be an excellent platform for the business acumen I bring to this role,” Castle said.
“The strong governance, sound financial standing, alongside the priority the Bulldogs place on community engagement provide with me an excellent opportunity to continue the substantial growth the business has shown in recent times.
“I am excited for the opportunities ahead for this Club and for Rugby League and I will look to continue a Bulldogs tradition of innovation and strong leadership to ensure we can make the most of them.”
Bulldogs Chairman Ray Dib will be joined by Raelene Castle for a media conference at the Bulldogs Centre of Excellence, Edison Lane, Belmore at 1pm today. Outgoing CEO Mr Todd Greenberg, Coach Des Hasler and senior players will also be available.
Biography:
Born: Wagga Wagga, NSW, Age 42
Raelene and her partner Greg Jones will move to Australia in July
Her commercial acumen is matched by her sporting achievements. Raelene is a New Zealand Lawn Bowls champion and has also played netball and tennis at representative level.
She is a Director of Netball New Zealand, ANZ Championship INF (International Netball Federation) and is the Chair of the NZ National Sports Organisations' leadership group. She is also a Trustee for the Rising Trust, which seeks to unlock the potential of South Auckland youth and a business mentor to young female executives.
Raelene received the prestigious Sir Peter Blake Leadership Award in 2011.
Parents:
Bruce Castle: Kiwi Player 1961-67 and Captain in 1967. NZ Rugby League Selector 1999-2001
Marlene Castle: New Zealand Bowls Representative 16 years, 4 Commonwealth Games, 1 silver medal and 2 bronze. Won World Indoor Singles

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news-display/Raelene-Castle-Appointed-as-Bulldogs-CEO/75856
Wow what an impressive sporting and business background!! I'm sure she will do well and take the mighty Bulldogs on to bigger and better things!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that Raelene is what the club needs. Greenberg came in with a fresh perspective which did wonders for us. Raelene will value add to our public image, and brings good administrative skills along. With her father's background, she is obviously no newcomer to rugby league. So, here's looking forward to a positive and successful stewardship.

Status
Not open for further replies.