Official Bulldogs and Ciraldo agree to terms

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We needed a very experienced coach at the helm unfortunately all the good ones aren't available, what is available are the experienced but risky coaches therefore the decision to sign CC is the right one, at least we hope !
The one concerning issue is the 5 years term, reported to be a hefty contract I would be very disappointed if there are no safety net clauses...But I have full trust in the 3 musketeers to do the right thing !!!

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We will see the bulldogs really putting in for the rest of year trying to impress coach.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We needed a very experienced coach at the helm unfortunately all the good ones aren't available, what is available are the experienced but risky coaches therefore the decision to sign CC is the right one, at least we hope !
The one concerning issue is the 5 years term, reported to be a hefty contract I would be very disappointed if there are no safety net clauses...But I have full trust in the 3 musketeers to do the right thing !!!
Gotta have some faith... New players new coach and a new era hopefully

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Crichton is a great athlete and has the ideal build for the modern day fullback but the money it's going to cost to drag him across and play in a position he's untested in just seems like way too big of a risk. Crichton was also playing centre in the lower grades behind both Stains and Laurie who were selected at fullback ahead of him. Another interesting stat I noticed was tackle breaks, Crichton has more than 100 extra runs than Averillo this season yet only has 3 more tackle breaks...
I agree with the money part Marley, but if we can get him at a good price, he has massive upside as a class fullback

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder where Avo will play now CC brings his FB...
Same old Gus says one thing in public and does another. He said the job was for an experienced coach and then gets another rookie who has less head coach experience than Baz. The last 4 dogs coaches were paid out $$$ before their end of term - Moore, Hasler, Pay and Baz. I'll be checking the odds at the local tab about Ciraldo getting a payout within 5 years.

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
It can be 5 yrs with Performance KPIs at the 3 yr mark where the contract can be terminated without penalty. I still would have preferred Shane.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with the money part Marley, but if we can get him at a good price, he has massive upside as a class fullback
He's already on overs at Penrith so it won't be a good price at all. What upside to you see? He just seems like a really great athlete that has benefited a lot by playing for the Panthers.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
5 years??? What a fucking gamble. Has never coached before. At least Trent Robinson coached overseas. Wow. He must be phenomenal according to Gus. Fingers crossed all goes well.
He coached panthers lower grades. The ironic thing is he took over a panthers team coached by Barrett that wasn’t doing a lot and turned them into a powerhouse.

Be interesting to see how the panthers go once he is gone.

JadeW

Waterboy
Reaction score
All we need now is to sign the overated shirt grabber in Crichton on 800k a year

Only coaches worth a 5 year deal is Bellamy & Robinson