Bulldogs after Josh Hoffman #NoSurprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ill ask too but im just gonna sit and wait... =)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you post it on here for us who haven't got twitter?
Nothing of any interest really. Someone made a crack about not having any loyalty, Hoffman said "What are you on about?" the other guy apologised and said he would hate it if Hoffman left the Broncos. Hoffman said "All good mate! Cheers"

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you've got a spare minute or two, hope on Hoffmans twitter account and check out him acknowledging fickle broncos supporters
LOL, at you calling Broncos supporters fickle.

Some members here are very fickle & they turn on players within a blink of an eye.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nothing of any interest really. Someone made a crack about not having any loyalty, Hoffman said "What are you on about?" the other guy apologised and said he would hate it if Hoffman left the Broncos. Hoffman said "All good mate! Cheers"
So it's a non-event.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Somebody go up to him and say "its not his fault Brisbane are forcing him out" lol

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think the whole 5/8 halfback positional thing matters anymore... Im pretty sure each playmaker sticks to their side of the park and organises that don't they?

There are obvious exceptions such as Thurston but then again that's Jonathon Thurston.
Totally agree and both still have kicking games and could adapt to a halfback roll easy, Evan mid game or depending what side of the park their on, and from memory Foran is comfortable on the left while Reynolds finds his space and makes most breaks on the right.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Two five-eighths can work but you need your whole backline and forward pack moving i.e. 2012, we destroyed teams with our immense running game and support play. If Hokdo can't be the creative halfback then he must become a Cronk like halfback and be super structured and accurate, that will allow Reynolds and our fullback/backs to be creative but give Hodko his chance to structure plays and what not.

I believe he can do it but he needs to be told it is your last chance before being dropped/axed to really motivate him to do well, harsh but it is needed.
Totally agree and the main thing he needs to be told or any halfback needs to be told is that, he mainly is responsible for the position the team finds them self on the field and that he is responsible to Leed the team around the park. It is his first, captain second and hooker tied with the captains responsibility to work together and make this happen. Hodgko needs to realise this requirement, and mature his mindset that once he takes control of his team, in which he needs to understand it is his team, and controls and co-ordinates games, that he will have reached his potential. Other than Ennis we have lacked a MAJOR controlling Halfback nearly as far back as MORTIMER.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kieran Foran is not coming to the Bulldogs dude.
I'm not necessarily talking Foran next season dude, I'm talking when he is next off contract! I'm sure he's at Manly on a personal deal he has made with DCE, but I'll lay money on it that DCE is already destined and negotiated on handshake to go back to Qld in the near future I.e Broncos. Then where will that leave Foran? Doggies. Probably a get out clause in his new contract.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily talking Foran next season dude, I'm talking when he is next off contract! I'm sure he's at Manly on a personal deal he has made with DCE, but I'll lay money on it that DCE is already destined and negotiated on handshake to go back to Qld in the near future I.e Broncos. Then where will that leave Foran? Doggies. Probably a get out clause in his new contract.
I think if dce left wed be less chance to get him as theyd throw massive $$ to keep him

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The Broncos obviously have a plan for him, because they are pretty adamant that they wont let him go. He just wont be fullback, unless they rotate him with Barba, so Barba doesnt play buggered for part of the match. Also Barba is a risk now with his new ankle problem. They would look silly if Barba re-injures his ankle again, and they had let Hoffman go.

We will be alright. We have largely the same team that made the 2012 GF with some more experience and an offseason to get the injuries under control. Also a chance to plan a game plan around no barba, instead of planning around him all offseason, and then him being ordinary when on the field and randomly off the field unexpectedly. Him going off before halftime in the final nailed our coffin shut for the year

We have plenty attacking weapons even without Barba.....Morris, Perret (especially catching kicks to score), Inu when hes right, Lafai has some skills but is a little raw/green. He will get better. Reynolds is very deceptive. Ennis threw a number of good deceptive short passes in 2013 for tries. Brown can finish tries and defend well, despite not being a glamour player. Then the forwards have skills if we can keep our best ones on the park most weeks.

If we can field the same side for larger parts of 2014, they will get more momentum than 2013. Going into a final with 4 stars with no match fitness was always an uphill battle, and summed up our 2013 season

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
3 year deal.

2013,2014,2015. Could be elsewhere in 2016 (unless has a clause) man I'd love him to join us.

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3 year deal.

2013,2014,2015. Could be elsewhere in 2016 (unless has a clause) man I'd love him to join us.
Mmmmmmmmmm may have a clause, hopefully for us it's Santa Claus. Foran at the Dogs would be like Christmas, Easter and F N Cracker night.

Status
Not open for further replies.