News Bulldogs 3 million dollar offer to matt burton

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best youngster? LOL. He isn't even the best young half ffs.
Not the best young half, yet in his first season as half, based on performance hes picked for nsw and australia, mad that init

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not the best young half, yet in his first season as half, based on performance hes picked for nsw and australia, mad that init
Did I miss something? When did he play 5/8 for NSW or Australia? :tearsofjoy:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can't not pick the Dally M Centre of the season in his right spot.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope with Kiks outside him the defence will have that extra decision to make and his running game can really flourish. It’s a lot harder when the guys outside you aren’t as much of a threat.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s Next to zero spine players of that age and quality on the market.

we’ve got Mahoney. Smart move locking in 2 of 4 key positions. He will get better and better. I’m very ok with this.
Agree. The only players worth more than 800k per year are the halves who have already led their sides to GF wins and still in form. Not many of those going around - Munster, Keary, DCE, Cleary etc

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the bet the majority of the comments will be about how Burton will be overpaid and is overrated instead of being happy that we're on the verge of re-signing one of the best young talents in the game long term that every other club would love to have..
In relative terms compared to what Flanno is on 800k for Burton is a bargain for what he currently offers let alone his potential. Flanno is being paid triple what he's really worth.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
750 is the exact right amount in my opinion, he probably has clauses that trigger if he plays origin at 5/8 etc on top of that, maybe some third party as well sounds good to me. He is still learning to manage some parts of his game but Kikau will create plenty of holes to exploit his running game. He already has a gun kicking game, he can obviously run into holes like he did at centre trust in Gus.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I for some reason rewatched that game today and we looked so much better with Averillo at 7. He played well that game also.
Because he actually carried the ball with some sort of pace and somewhat linked up with Burton. It was the dumbest decision all year to drop him after two games.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mutt dafty is trolling.. has to be.. he still wont call out averillo for being trash in a shit system but goes all in on burton who was also playing in a shit system but he actually did some good things lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They have picked him based on his form as a half back for us, so he must be doing something right fella hahahaha
He played halfback for us?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mutt dafty is trolling.. has to be.. he still wont call out averillo for being trash in a shit system but goes all in on burton who was also playing in a shit system but he actually did some good things lol
While I'm not a Averillo fan. Bro, the kid is on about $300k and delivering for someone who's on $300k. IF he was on $500-600k like Burton and Flanagan then you'd bring him into the conversation.
Averillo was thrown to the wolves and it's done him no favours. Wakeham is a good example Like Averillo .... they were done wrong.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While I'm not a Averillo fan. Bro the kid is on about $300k and delivering for someone who's on $300k. IF he was on $500-600k like Burton and Flanagan then you'd bring him into the conversation.
Burton first year with us was 450k wasn’t it?