Bulldogs 2008 Squads, Signings, Rumours, Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Didn't Hodgo say Sherwin was gone at the end of this year regardless?

Dog4Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
anyone heard anything about Brent Kite? theres a rumour floating round that he is looking elsewher other than SeaEagles,can anyone can confirm this or any other rumors posted here....

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my mate , a rabid eels fan, reckons
junior and etu would be good value
gee tho wouldnt it be nice to get our hands
on white or cross from the storm?

bigbird

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are you serious all those players have not been resigned Yet,one or two options the management are Doing,
Option one:Buying a whole new premier league team and jersey flegg
Option two :winding down Maybe a Move To Adelaide?

P.S.we just won harold mathews I also heard Today half the boys are going elsewhere (other clubs)we they will get paid to play,most our Players in the Mathews,S G Ball,and more than half of Flegg play for the love of the game,they get no money and live of parents(hoping for a lucky break in the game),I know for fact this is the case, thats why we loose so many Junior Players.

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are you serious all those players have not been resigned Yet,one or two options the management are Doing,
Option one:Buying a whole new premier league team and jersey flegg
Option two :winding down Maybe a Move To Adelaide?

P.S.we just won harold mathews I also heard Today half the boys are going elsewhere (other clubs)we they will get paid to play,most our Players in the Mathews,S G Ball,and more than half of Flegg play for the love of the game,they get no money and live of parents(hoping for a lucky break in the game),I know for fact this is the case, thats why we loose so many Junior Players.
if this is true we need new management

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
lolll are you guys believing him hahaha get off the crack son!!!

bigbird

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Listen all you Guys out There the Adelaide Rumour has been out since Mr Noad came to our club.I would hate to see that happen,I'm a Football club member and have been since 1964,and I only want the best for our Juniors and our club.Mr Noad is an ex employee of Murdoch''s and I personally know friends of his who told Me this rumour.I am being honest with all you guys,and hope they put people on the Board that care for THE BULLDOGS not destroy us as he has been doing with a players,the Proof is simple WHY DO WE LOOSE,SO MANY QUALITY PLAYERS EVEN NOW THERE HITTING OUR JUNIOR BASE.
P.S.can someone tell why the old board never had problems attracting Players(in fact players were queing up to join the dogs),players never left,why not now.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
if we are stuck with the telstra deal til 2020... than the move to SA will never happen just like our move back to BSG... both will never happen

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
if we are stuck with the telstra deal til 2020... than the move to SA will never happen just like our move back to BSG... both will never happen
Good point made.

Maybe there was talk of it, but no real eventuation?

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
junior paulo would be an awesome signing, he is gun, he will be a star

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dogs have Civoniceva as their top priority at the moment, he will be asking for too much though. I think the dogs will be willing to offering him a good amount though, i doubt he will leave the broncos would be good to see him at the club though.
does anyone reckon they can get a photo edited to have cinoniceva in a dogs jersey, i wanna see how he'll look

Bushwhaked

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Listen all you Guys out There the Adelaide Rumour has been out since Mr Noad came to our club.I would hate to see that happen,I'm a Football club member and have been since 1964,and I only want the best for our Juniors and our club.Mr Noad is an ex employee of Murdoch''s and I personally know friends of his who told Me this rumour.I am being honest with all you guys,and hope they put people on the Board that care for THE BULLDOGS not destroy us as he has been doing with a players,the Proof is simple WHY DO WE LOOSE,SO MANY QUALITY PLAYERS EVEN NOW THERE HITTING OUR JUNIOR BASE.
P.S.can someone tell why the old board never had problems attracting Players(in fact players were queing up to join the dogs),players never left,why not now.
We are losing players because of the salary cap, and we can't afford to look after them the way other clubs can. We had fines and limitiations from the punishment handed down from the NRL that ran over 4 or 5 years, and we are still feeling the effect of that.

Players were lining up to join our club when the last board was there because we are a great club with a winning culture, a great and successful winning team (plus we were obviously paying some under the table). Our perception in both the public, media and outside peoples eyes has changed considerably following the salary cap bust, the rape allegations (2 years in a row), and now a constant negative media campaign. That does not look as attractive as it did 5 - 6 years ago. The board is not as significant part in that as you are alleging.

The Harold Mats and SG Balls - one of them is under 16's isn't it? And the other one is a junior comp as well? Dude that comment you made earlier has blown me away. Playing for the love of the game! They are 15 years old - they are playing to learn, to try and get better, and hopefully get a crack at the big time when the get a bit older - do you really think they should be paid? And living with their parents - wow a 15 year has to live with their parents as they can't make money playing football :whacky:

I may have misinterpreted what you said in the earlier post, feel free to let me know if I have.

T

tallis12

We are losing players because of the salary cap, and we can't afford to look after them the way other clubs can. We had fines and limitiations from the punishment handed down from the NRL that ran over 4 or 5 years, and we are still feeling the effect of that.

Players were lining up to join our club when the last board was there because we are a great club with a winning culture, a great and successful winning team (plus we were obviously paying some under the table). Our perception in both the public, media and outside peoples eyes has changed considerably following the salary cap bust, the rape allegations (2 years in a row), and now a constant negative media campaign. That does not look as attractive as it did 5 - 6 years ago. The board is not as significant part in that as you are alleging.

The Harold Mats and SG Balls - one of them is under 16's isn't it? And the other one is a junior comp as well? Dude that comment you made earlier has blown me away. Playing for the love of the game! They are 15 years old - they are playing to learn, to try and get better, and hopefully get a crack at the big time when the get a bit older - do you really think they should be paid? And living with their parents - wow a 15 year has to live with their parents as they can't make money playing football :whacky:

I may have misinterpreted what you said in the earlier post, feel free to let me know if I have.
Well said mate!!:grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.