Bulldogs 2008/2009: Player Contracts, Signings & Rumours.

Votes: 2 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haztrick

Michael Jennings is awesome. He has a lot of speed but is also extremely strong and one of the best hitters in the comp for mine.. He sits props on their asses a fair bit.

Overall, he's a good player and would be an asset to any club, but he's not off contract unfortunately.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Jennings is awesome. He has a lot of speed but is also extremely strong and one of the best hitters in the comp for mine.. He sits props on their asses a fair bit.

Overall, he's a good player and would be an asset to any club, but he's not off contract unfortunately.
We can still sign him for 2010 lol. If we miss out on Boyd and Michaels which is likely save the cash and offer Jennings a contract too good to refuse. he would prob be worth close to 300-320 k on the open market because of a shortage of quality centres. The rorters will be eying him when he comes off contract. Every club except the Broncos will be gunning for him. Will be very hard to attract to the club, but he would be awesome.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can still sign him for 2010 lol. If we miss out on Boyd and Michaels which is likely save the cash and offer Jennings a contract too good to refuse. he would prob be worth close to 300-320 k on the open market because of a shortage of quality centres. The rorters will be eying him when he comes off contract. Every club except the Broncos will be gunning for him. Will be very hard to attract to the club, but he would be awesome.
C'mon folks, our recruiment strategy of tagetting St George, North Sydney & Parra lower graders over the past 2-3 years has got to pay dividends soon...we know talent when we see it...Chris Tuatara, Namila Davui, Billy "the kid" Ngwini,Ben Csislowski, Conrad Taekimoeaka, Charlie Leano, Daniel Holdsworth, Nathan Armit....mate we're so good at signing lower other teams "reggie rejects" we are now bursting at the seams with quality and depth.

Who needs established FG's eh?

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

the props we have bought this year are below par so far.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Harris is still playing good footy. I haven't seen any of his game since he left for ESL until the City Country game. Be nice to have him, I just don't know what his circumstances are or what he's looking for with his game, team and lifestyle. But i'm not gonna give it energy, i've had enough of all this rumour crap.
Ben harris has been changing my mind oin him lately. He's very strong and has made some breaks in recent matches. I just don't think he has good enough footwork or pace.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Apparently Michaels has said he will stay with Broncos. He is happy to play on the wing outside Hodges and Folau. Boyd is tipped to join Bennet at Dragons. We would have to throw alot of money at them to attract them and even then that might not be enough. The Titans are also chasing Michaels. I dont have enough confidence in Millard. I really think we need a fast centre with more attacking potence. We really need either Boyd or michaels. Jennings is great but realistically how many clubs will be after him next year if indeed he goes on the open market before panthers sign him. We lack pace and spark in the centres apart from Winitana.
You just wanna sign someone new for the sake of it. Millard is heaps better than 'does nothing besides finish easy tries Boyd'. Millard has great ball skills and is just as good, or a better finisher than Boyd.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just wanna sign someone new for the sake of it. Millard is heaps better than 'does nothing besides finish easy tries Boyd'. Millard has great ball skills and is just as good, or a better finisher than Boyd.
What about Michaels? Is Millard better than Michaels ? We are losing a quality centre next year. So you don't think we need another centre ?

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
lol
jennings is under contract till 09 he is staying put at the
montains
and d boyde will be at st.george and s micheals will stay
at brisbane

dog on guard

mighty doggies
Reaction score
tbh
i dont think we will get 2 many more players here
as stated when the bulldogs got K Moore as coach it was said
it maybe a stumbling block 2 get players here well they were
100% RIGHT have a look matuia wnts out sb willams wants out
tonga is gone whats it telling the supporters
no one wants 2 come here i dont blame them
s kearney should be coach g huges should be ceo and lima would be
a bulldog now

TheBearHunter

Guard Dog.
Reaction score
boyde

willams

huges

matuia

wnts

montains

what gives you the idea LIMA would have signed if your wank list was a reality?

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lol
jennings is under contract till 09 he is staying put at the
montains
and d boyde will be at st.george and s micheals will stay
at brisbane
Well Brisbane is already $300000 over the salary cap for 2009 therefore, they will have to unload 2 players. Therefore, it will be hard for the Broncos to resign Boyd and Michaels.

The Bandit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard a rumour don't know how much truth is in it but apparently it came from Kevin Moore.
Blair from Melbourne will be signing, Luke Walsh to replace Holdsworth next year who is going to be released and Thurston to return in 2010.
Like i said just a rumour but could be some truth in it.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Heard a rumour don't know how much truth is in it but apparently it came from Kevin Moore.
Blair from Melbourne will be signing, Luke Walsh to replace Holdsworth next year who is going to be released and Thurston to return in 2010.
Whose is Luke Walsh??? Ben Barba would replace Daniel Holdsworth don't you think? Lure Johnathan Thurston ASAP.

H

Haztrick

Wouldn't mind Luke Walsh. Would be better than Holdsworth and would already have plenty of experience playing under Joey and training with him, not to mention he is a little speedy freak. Would definitely welcome Walsh but still, I want to see Groom given a go. Blair is good, but this year has been average at best.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i forgot all about groom.

mustnt be doing much in nsw cup i guess lol.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Luke Walsh should be a good buy. Blair would be a good signing also. He could become a starter if he had a good offseason.

B

Ben Godberts.

Wouldn't mind Luke Walsh. Would be better than Holdsworth and would already have plenty of experience playing under Joey and training with him, not to mention he is a little speedy freak. Would definitely welcome Walsh but still, I want to see Groom given a go. Blair is good, but this year has been average at best.
Hop off the groom train dude its going nowhere fast

Status
Not open for further replies.