Official Bulldog Vs Titan

Lex

Waterboy
Reaction score
What offer?
Who's take him?
We are stuck with him.
While he’s not setting the world on fire at the moment, he’s obviously a class player. The whole side is clearly struggling and to single him out is pretty unfair IMO. To suggest that no one would take him is, bluntly, ridiculous.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While he’s not setting the world on fire at the moment, he’s obviously a class player. The whole side is clearly struggling and to single him out is pretty unfair IMO. To suggest that no one would take him is, bluntly, ridiculous.
What about Penrith?
Do you think they'd take him?
We could swap with Luai....
Do you think they'll be in for a swap?

We need Luai more than they need him.
And Burton can bring them back to the fold.... So it's good for the NRL.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought we at least showed more application to defence today....still totally unacceptable having 34 points scored , but compared to the past month we weren't as diabolical.....I guess that's something.....right....ahh who am I kidding...who cares:grinning:

Knight looked pretty solid in his opening stint, not the forward leader we need but definitely not the worst to have in our prop rotation

And was that Perham's first try assist for the season?

So funny it took him till the last 10 minutes of the season to make a break and setup a try...you gotta laugh or you go crazy with this team:grinning:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the worst player on the field was Andrew Fifita.

the bloke was putrid every time he touched the ball.

Lex

Waterboy
Reaction score
What about Penrith?
Do you think they'd take him?
We could swap with Luai....
Do you think they'll be in for a swap?

We need Luai more than they need him.
And Burton can bring them back to the fold.... So it's good for the NRL.
Yes, I think they’d love him back if they had the cap space. I like Luai, but he won’t offer more than Burton (and will cost more). As most have said, we’ll improve with some big men (I also think that the additions of class players like Crighton will see us improve).
My point is that none of them are playing near their potential at the moment. I don’t see the sense in shipping them off right now. What number 6 would we target? What would Cody Walker look like in this team? Jack Wighton? Tyson Gamble? Ezra Mam? I suspect that they’d be struggling big time. But not just the 6, do we get rid of Kikau too? Or should we keep adding class and continue weeding out the reserve graders?
It takes time to build a class team. It’s been a horrendous slog, don’t get me wrong. We’ve all been tormented for years. It has been extremely depressing at times. But I feel that we need to give them a chance to turn it around. All the talk says that we’re trying something different. We’re going to have to try something different to get a different result.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem is that Critta is on double what Averillo was on. So expectation is he will provide double.

But he won't provide anywhere near what he has done the last couple of seasons. And so the knives will be out coz yes on big $$.

Without a smart half we won't go anywhere.
I’m sure that Critta is twice the player of Avo. He can defend for one

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We made an extra 100 tackles today. Incredible it was so close

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only silver lining is Burton went frmo average to elite level in his kicking! That guy kicks them so damn straight even from the sideline.
What are the odds he regresses next year lol

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yep I've been saying this for years.
It's why I have no hope for our future.
This year was suppose to be the big turnaround. We had that many new players and coaching staff that you were excused to think we can get rid of that losing culture.

But 10 rounds in and it appeared again and it has engulfed the full playing group.

If a roster overhaul couldn't stop it, what hope is there?
I thought Mahoney would be the catalyst and have the forwards and halves on the front foot but he regressed so badly. He has no forward momentum to play off though so resorted to ball playing instead of the clean ball out in front that I was hoping for.

If they could get some flow with the ball and score points I still believe it would give them some confidence to defend better.

The team as a whole just can't trust the man next to him to make the tackle because we are littered with weak gutted dogs missing one on one's. There's no trust

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only silver lining is Burton went frmo average to elite level in his kicking! That guy kicks them so damn straight even from the sideline.
Arrow fuckin straight!

I still thank that scummy souffs supporter for shining the laser on his eyes

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The new marquee recruits are meant to drag others up not get bogged down with them. Like I've said many times we've recruited the wrong type of player. Why is Crichton any different? If we bought an Edwards or even JFH then sure, but Crichton? Na, no way.
But you wanted us to sign Herbie, he's not really the type of player we supposedly need too.

I think you just don't like Critta lol

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only silver lining is Burton went from average to elite level in his kicking! That guy kicks them so damn straight even from the sideline.
He has got better this year.

Sad that our highlights for 2023 are:

Burton's goal kicking
Burton's occasional super bombs
Preston playing his heart out
Wilson showing some courage
King doing well until injured
The few moments of Skelton in First Grade

Can't think of many others.