Broncos

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting photo of James Roberts going around it looks like the Bronco broom has been doing overtime with his “Achilles” injury.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They took a huge risk signing a rookie coach to a 5 year deal. He had a good year in 2018, but towards the end it was evident he had no plan B....other sides were starting to work the Bunnies out and he couldn't change it up.

Also he is starting to repeat the same mistakes that failed last year. I could never understand why he often left a fresh reserve on the bench for virtually the entire match while his team got beaten up on the field. Thought he may have learnt his lesson but it seems not as he's doing the exact same thing at the Bronco's.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting photo of James Roberts going around it looks like the Bronco broom has been doing overtime with his “Achilles” injury.
Umm

Not covered up.

Brisbane Broncos to grill James Roberts over alleged drunken photo
April 06, 2019 The Brisbane Broncos are to question centre James Roberts about a photograph that has emerged on social media that appears to show the Blues Origin star getting carried out of a nightclub.

Broncos coach Anthony Seibold told The Sunday Telegraph he saw the undated photo on Friday night which was sent to him by text message from a member of the club’s welfare team.

“I’ve been told the picture is going around and I’ve seen it,” Seibold said, “I’ll talk to James tomorrow when we’re back at training.

A picture circulating on social media allegedly showing Brisbane's James Roberts being carried out of a nightclub.
MORE NRL NEWS

“I don’t know when the photo was taken or where it was taken. That’s what we’ve got to find out.”

Roberts has had a career plagued by controversy the Titans, Penrith Panthers and the Rabbitohs.

He has previously been to a Thailand rehab clinic to treat drug and alcohol abuse.

In an interview last year Roberts conceded: “I’m still a work in progress. I’m always going to have problems in my life.”

Broncos chief executive Paul White could not be contacted on Saturday and a club spokesman declined to comment.

Roberts is set to be interviewed by Brisbane over the photo. (AAP Image/Darren England)
An NRL spokesman said the integrity unit is aware of the photo but it was at this stage an issue for the Broncos.

Roberts missed the heavy defeat to the Sydney Roosters on Thursday night with an Achilles injury and faces the prospect of returning in reserve grade.

Jimmy's got to get his body right, Seibold said, he can't do what we need him to do because of his Achilles problem.

In his absence young centre Katoni Staggs was probably the Broncos best player at the SCG.

Both he and Jack Bird will be the starting centres against the Wests Tigers on Thursday night at Suncorp Stadium.

The Sunday Telegraph sent a copy of the photograph to Roberts close friend, boxer Anthony Mundine. Late on Saturday, Mundine was still trying to track him down.

If he does have problems I'm going to help him,” Mundine said,

He's family. I'm here for all my brothers. They know that.

The Brisbane Broncos are to question centre James Roberts about a photograph that has emerged on social media that appears to show the Blues Origin star getting carried out of a nightclub.

Broncos coach Anthony Seibold told The Sunday Telegraph he saw the undated photo on Friday night which was sent to him by text message from a member of the club’s welfare team.

“I’ve been told the picture is going around and I’ve seen it,” Seibold said, “I’ll talk to James tomorrow when we’re back at training.

MORE NRL NEWS

“I don’t know when the photo was taken or where it was taken. That’s what we’ve got to find out.”

Roberts has had a career plagued by controversy the Titans, Penrith Panthers and the Rabbitohs.

He has previously been to a Thailand rehab clinic to treat drug and alcohol abuse.

In an interview last year Roberts conceded: “I’m still a work in progress. I’m always going to have problems in my life.”

Broncos chief executive Paul White could not be contacted on Saturday and a club spokesman declined to comment.

An NRL spokesman said the integrity unit is aware of the photo but it was at this stage an issue for the Broncos.

Roberts missed the heavy defeat to the Sydney Roosters on Thursday night with an Achilles injury and faces the prospect of returning in reserve grade.

“Jimmy’s got to get his body right,” Seibold said, “he can’t do what we need him to do because of his Achilles problem.”

https://outline.com/Yv7rvH

I can't upload photo as it is a jxr file.

Edit: I converted the file to jpg.

cb5q4-lg8on.jpg

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Umm

Not covered up.

Brisbane Broncos to grill James Roberts over alleged drunken photo
April 06, 2019 The Brisbane Broncos are to question centre James Roberts about a photograph that has emerged on social media that appears to show the Blues Origin star getting carried out of a nightclub.

A picture circulating on social media allegedly showing Brisbane's James Roberts being carried out of a nightclub.
MORE NRL NEWS

Roberts is set to be interviewed by Brisbane over the photo. (AAP Image/Darren England)

Jimmy's got to get his body right, Seibold said, he can't do what we need him to do because of his Achilles problem.

In his absence young centre Katoni Staggs was probably the Broncos best player at the SCG.

Both he and Jack Bird will be the starting centres against the Wests Tigers on Thursday night at Suncorp Stadium.

The Sunday Telegraph sent a copy of the photograph to Roberts close friend, boxer Anthony Mundine. Late on Saturday, Mundine was still trying to track him down.

If he does have problems I'm going to help him,” Mundine said,

He's family. I'm here for all my brothers. They know that.

The Brisbane Broncos are to question centre James Roberts about a photograph that has emerged on social media that appears to show the Blues Origin star getting carried out of a nightclub.

MORE NRL NEWS

“Jimmy’s got to get his body right,” Seibold said, “he can’t do what we need him to do because of his Achilles problem.”

https://outline.com/Yv7rvH

I can't upload photo as it is a jxr file.
They obviously didn’t cover it up well enough.....It wouldn’t have gotten out if Wayne was still there. You believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus if you think Seibold just saw the photo.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am hearing the photo is 3-4 years old.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is that coming from a bronco fan....
Or it’s actually 3-4 year old
People who aren't Broncos fans are saying the photo is years old.

We will soon find out.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People who aren't Broncos fans are saying the photo is years old.

We will soon find out.
Bit like the Napa thing, hopefully there’s no punishment if it’s from years ago
He seems to have sorted himself out, and just some prick trying to drag him down

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bit like the Napa thing, hopefully there’s no punishment if it’s from years ago
He seems to have sorted himself out, and just some prick trying to drag him down
If it is a old photo @Spoonman84 will be devastated, his 'scoop' was fake news.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it is a old photo @Spoonman84 will be devastated, his 'scoop' was fake news.
Time will tell I guess it’s funny that the story goes that Jack Bird was there helped him into a taxi and went back in to the club LAST WEEKEND.....Was Jack Bird at the Broncos 3 or 4 years ago?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time will tell I guess it’s funny that the story goes that Jack Bird was there helped him into a taxi and went back in to the club LAST WEEKEND.....Was Jack Bird at the Broncos 3 or 4 years ago?
I could make up BS stories.

You do know that players have friends from other clubs.

Here is an unpixelated photo

D3dD01BU8AE86OB.jpg

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I could make up BS stories.

Here is an unpixelated photo

View attachment 9629
Who knows what the real story is. As soon as it gets on social media it’s open for bullshit stories to get thrown around. Kind of hope it is 3-4 years old and he’s sorted himself out since then.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They took a huge risk signing a rookie coach to a 5 year deal. He had a good year in 2018, but towards the end it was evident he had no plan B....other sides were starting to work the Bunnies out and he couldn't change it up.

Also he is starting to repeat the same mistakes that failed last year. I could never understand why he often left a fresh reserve on the bench for virtually the entire match while his team got beaten up on the field. Thought he may have learnt his lesson but it seems not as he's doing the exact same thing at the Bronco's.
Gee for a moment there I thought you were talking about another coach...what's his name ...Hasbeen?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ah..didn't our illustrious leader say that the NRL will deal with this type of thing taking those rights off the club when the integrity unit is involved...or was that only for those issues where criminal charges have been laid???

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Kaz your scoop about it being 3 or 4 years old is a bit off...
91D39E9B-6178-4C31-8009-41002ABB8475.jpeg

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last time a player passed out was Mad Monday which technically is a time where you should be allowed to pass out. Right Marcelo? How much did he get fined again? The line was drawn in the sand the day after.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Now, i've had my share of passouts and being carried out of venues, but i've also never tried to juggle that with being a professional athlete. How the fuck do they do it?