Broncos prop Nick Kenny signs new long-term contract to stay with club

Status
Not open for further replies.

afghan4life

Beastwood
Reaction score
Prop Nick Kenny, who will play his 50th NRL game this weekend, has signed a new three-year deal with Brisbane.
The 27-year-old, who was forced to wait for his chances behind a series of the game's leading props including Shane Webcke, Petero Civoniceva and Ben Hannant, has certainly made the most of his opportunities this season.

After bulking up in the off-season he was one of Brisbane's best forwards before suffering a knee injury which has sidelined him for the past five weeks.

“I've loved the club since I was six years old and I was never going anywhere else,'' said Kenny.

“I was very proud and honoured to play one game NRL game here.

“Fifty games later I have another three years at the club so it's a dream to get a long-term contract.''

Kenny, a qualified physiothe******, is seen as a player with leadership qualities.

Brisbane coach Ivan Henjak has admired Kenny's work ethic and loyalty to the club.

The fact Kenny has battled for everything that has come his way since being first spotted by Brisbane as a 19-year-old has won him a lot of fans.

“Nick has worked really hard to get where he is, it's a credit to him,'' said Henjak who has named him in the front-row for Monday night's clash with Cronulla at Suncorp Stadium.

“He battled all the way and displayed a tremendous character to make it.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25891955-5018866,00.html

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i really rate kenny he is a real worker tackles and runs all day

QLDGirl

queensland rock
Reaction score
I didnt rate Kenny when he first played for the club, but the more he has played the more he has continued to impress me. He was going fantastic before he got injured and we've missed him.

If he continues how he was going he's going to be very valuable to the club.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
He's been fantastic, one of the fwe things Bruno has done right in the past 2 years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a good prop and will be the backbone of a weakened Broncos pack in the coming years. He'll need to step up and I think he can, he's impressed me alot when he's played this season. Good to see a late bloomer get rewarded with a contract.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
I thought he was a lot younger than 22. I think he'll get better with AGE. He will be a very important part of the team that's for sure and has been great guns this year and IMO will only get better.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he was a lot younger than 22. I think he'll get better with AGE. He will be a very important part of the team that's for sure and has been great guns this year and IMO will only get better.
is he 22 or 27?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's no Ben Hannant but he goes alright. Wouldn't mind having him on our bench.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
I mean I thought he was a lot younger than 27, I actually thought he was 22, don't know why but he looks young lol. It's probably the only right decision Bruno has made.

Status
Not open for further replies.