Bring out the young guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies 2035

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey guys just your thoughts on bring in some new talent to squad such as pat templeman Tyrone Phillips David minute and others I reckon we can have better wingers I reckon give a new guy a go instead of Mitch brown and dury low that left side on the field is terrible moses mbye did se mistakes but if you remember josh Reynolds debut in 2010 or 2011 he play really bad just give moses some time he pull through

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should have been happening from round 1.
maybe a bit too late now as rodzilla mentioned

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant put rookies in when we are in the position to finish in the top 4

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Let's just put all our young 'guns' in... A mix from the last place Holden cup side and last placed (or close to last) NSW cup side... Good idea

Last edited by a moderator:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah have been saying it since the start of the season but coming up to finals I don't think it's time to try it out now.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It wont happen now should have happened last couple of weeks but a heap of big guns back next week

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
No thanks, just bring in Reynolds, Morris, Tolman, Klemmer and Stanley. That will be fine.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Can't blame Moses IMO. defending out of position and playing against one of the best play makers the game has seen.

B

bruisebrothers

Based on our ladder positions in NSW cup and Holden cup I wouldn't think there is much choice bar one maybe two players.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
2035 is really far from Belmore

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We do have some young players, but not a lot of young GUNS just yet..... maybe a couple for the future, but there really isn't anyone beating down the door to step up to FG right now.

Mbye would have had some game time over origin but injury got in the way, his time will come....... the others might need to shine a bit more in the lower grades before they get a shot (Templeman doesn't look physically ready yet either, he will benefit from some more training and gym time - he is 7cm taller than Barba and 10kg lighter, and Barba wasn't exactly big for a fullback these days)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ermmm no. We are right down the bottom of both Holden Cup and NSW Cup, and seem to have a suprising ability to lose even when well ahead in some games.

With the exception of Levi Dodd and David Minute (and Harlan Aalalatoa who was on the bench last week in NRL and played 0 minutes), most players have not made the shift from Holden Cup last year, to NSW Cup this year, with as much success as people were expecting.

2035 is really far from Belmore
No it's the year the Bulldogs will win their next premiership!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are some good young guns coming through. This close to the finals they would struggle against ruthless opponents who would target them mercilessly.

Better to wait until early in the season, when many sides are still finding their feet.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should have been happening from round 1.
maybe a bit too late now as rodzilla mentioned
True, but I'd be happy to have David Minute come off the bench. He runs like a bulldozer with legs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
True, but I'd be happy to have David Minute come off the bench. He runs like a bulldozer with legs.
He's an absolute tank Minute is. Not that tall, but bulky as hell. Reminds me of Jason "The Nugget" Hetherington.

Levi Dodd is forming a nice combination with him too. Dodd seems to trail Minute waiting for offloads.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
What guns have we got? We get smashed in every grade lol

Status
Not open for further replies.