Bring back Pay as defence coach for 2024!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perhaps. Not sure what’s unwarranted though. He was unsuccessful.
Of course he was unsuccessful, previous management left a situation, that even the best mind in rugba league (Gus) is still trying to fix

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course he was unsuccessful, previous management left a situation, that even the best mind in rugba league (Gus) is still trying to fix
Man, he had no idea. Pay was one of the toughest to ever play the game but I’m not sure why people want to pretend Pay was a great coach. His list was better than our current and the Baz years.

Last edited:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus re signed mariner who is finished, Gus re signed Okunbor under his watch, Gus signed 2 forwards this season in pele and Sutton who are barely on the field and didn’t bother signing any other forwards.. Gus signed an unproven assistsnt to A five year deal.. what else, need I say more

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus re signed mariner who is finished, Gus re signed Okunbor under his watch, Gus signed 2 forwards this season in pele and Sutton who are barely on the field and didn’t bother signing any other forwards.. Gus signed an unproven assistsnt to A five year deal.. what else, need I say more
All cap relative. We have better players now and moving forward

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s all, part of the (7 year) plan!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man, he had no idea. Pay was one of the toughest to ever play the game but I’m not sure why people want to pretend Pay was a great coach. Gus list was better than our current and the Baz years.
He was a superb player, tough, uncompromising, and skillful. And didn't mind going the knuckle. Doesn't make you a good coach or fixer of all things though. I'm not saying he was a supercoach.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was a superb player, tough, uncompromising, and skillful. And didn't mind going the knuckle. Doesn't make you a good coach or fixer of all things though. I'm not saying he was a supercoach.
As a player, I will never forget when he broke Lazzos ribs with a tackle

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Said it before and I’ll say it again, thank fuck some of you muppets aren’t running this club, Dean was a tough, dependable player but as far as coaches go he’s a great truck driver.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We will never know how good Pay could be. Foran played a just a few more fg games than me in that time, Jmoz was broken. If we had a cap to spend we might have been able to keep or attract more talent
Never had the smarts to become a top shelf coach nor do I think that he had the ora to attract quality players.