Bring back Pay as defence coach for 2024!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And Pays whole coaching career was just turning up, bringing the madness and keeping all the structures that Des already had in place. Fkn great player but he was a confused monkey when ever interviewed

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And Pays whole coaching career was just turning up, bringing the madness and keeping all the structures that Des already had in place. Fkn great player but he was a confused monkey when ever interviewed
Pays coaching career was trying to fix what the Hassler years fucked . . . But with less money . . . Deano was a gun player though, you're right there

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pays coaching career was trying to fix what the Hassler years fucked . . . But with less money.
Pay was treading water and cannot tie Haslers shoelaces as a coach. Des cap management is a different story

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Re Foran, it's no mystery that experience is an attribute of any good half
No doubt bro, I just hate hearing bullshit that 1 Pay was a good coach and 2 Pay had a poor list. He had fkn Tolman, Hoppa, Klemmer, Jackson, Foran, J Moz during his time. He had some dead wood as well but better than what we have today

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt bro, I just hate hearing bullshit that 1 Pay was a good coach and 2 Pay had a poor list. He had fkn Tolman, Hoppa, Klemmer, Jackson, Foran, J Moz during his time. He had some dead wood as well but better than what we have today
Klemmer was there for half a season and JMoz not much more after that in the first year.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Pay got an unfair wrap during his tenure.
He did better with a lesser squad and they showed a lot more grit and resilience During the first couple of seasons at least.
I was one of the biggest Pay haters after awhile. I did feel for him towards the end as he wasn’t even allowed to sign players.

He had enough experience in the team at that stage which kept us in games. Klemmer, Woods, Tolman, Jackson, Jmoz, Bmoz, Hoppa, Mbye, Foran to name a few. Some of them were at there peak or near it during his tenure.

Before we shit on Woods and Klemmer they were both current rep props and Jackson was still talked about in the second string for Origin. Jmoz and Bmoz would still have cut it at that stage as well.

It’s debatable but who do we have now in these positions that are better now?

All I will say is our forward pack back then shits all over the one now and defensively our backs were better as well.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will never know how good Pay could be. Foran played a just a few more fg games than me in that time, Jmoz was broken. If we had a cap to spend we might have been able to keep or attract more talent