Bring back Pay as defence coach for 2024!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will never know how good Pay could be. Foran played a just a few more fg games than me in that time, Jmoz was broken. If we had a cap to spend we might have been able to keep or attract more talent
Cmon man, this Pay talk is crazy. If he had any ability he would have coached somewhere since he left us

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cmon man, this Pay talk is crazy. If he had any ability he would have coached somewhere since he left us
Perhaps he thought it,in his best interests, to do something that attracted no unwarranted criticism

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t forget, Pay was assistant coach at Storm, Eels etc and also once coached the u 20’s NSW side at one time..

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I gained the impression he was passionate for the Bulldogs & tried very hard to instilled that passion in their game. But he coached like it was 1980-90’s again. He did what worked back then. I think the game had unfortunately moved on past him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we had tolman and Jacko, we don't miss many tackles.
Part of the reason we were so good under Des, who else remembers Graham making a try saving cover tackle? When is the last time a forward has done that at Canterbury?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I gained the impression he was passionate for the Bulldogs & tried very hard to instilled that passion in their game. But he coached like it was 1980-90’s again. He did what worked back then. I think the game had unfortunately moved on past him.
His issue was recruitment he had no help which is why he signed big money duds like DWZ, Napa, Thompson, etc

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His issue was recruitment he had no help which is why he signed big money duds like DWZ, Napa, Thompson, etc
DWZ gun, Napa, finished after they outlawed the shoulder charge, Thommo, breaks down more often than my mum's old cortina

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% bro. Great player. Great fella. Shit coach

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t forget, Pay was assistant coach at Storm, Eels etc and also once coached the u 20’s NSW side at one time..
Been a while bro. I remember when he was appointed to the dogs and his connections through the SOO pathways was going to get us all these great young players and we we got Clay Priest lol