Brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
GOD I hope you are joking

I disagree..............We look better with Frawley playing.

Who the best 5/8 to partner him is a different story..............Reynolds, M';bye or Foran??????

Reynolds is gone.......................and then there were two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope i watched it in the bath lol

The tipping a load 3 times ....well maybe just once but that was redtube pre game pull and not in the bath

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Como Dog it was interesting. With both off Graham wasn't there to get in the way and no JR running like a crab putting shit kicks in. Raiders scored or looked dangerous from his useless kicking
Yeah a few times I've watched Graham, love the guy, but wouldn't understand why he would keep getting the ball at 1st receiver nearly every time. Would drive me insane because that's where our momentum killing would start.

Commentators would say our halves need to step up but I thought it was Graham as captain calling too much - like Gallen would always do for the Blues except Graham has far more skill and had more to offer. There may be an element too of Graham calling because grub plays with no plan and Mbye is young and learning.

Last night Thurston talked about Ponga "getting his big boys voice" where he would overrule calls on the field to make sure the right play occurred. Hopefully our halves will get their voice but for me this re-affirms the importance of the Foran signing as he will have no qualms about overcalling Graham and taking control of the team's formation.

Gould's view on this issue is the captain needs to be a ball player and not a forward, when he ripped into Gallen and NSW last year after losing yet another series.

Whether it's the captain thing, a half speaking up or both, hopefully we start to change now. Either way we will be fine for next year and attack will be so much better.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You can win a Comp with that setup.
Next year is our chance
If Hoppa plays like he did tonight and ditches the sunday bullshit for finals only... I'm happy to take him on a reduced deal again.
1. Hopoate
6. Foran
7. Frawley
9. Mbye.
Yes please... just gotta find a goal kicker, right edge defence of Lee and Holland isn't the greatest.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to move Mbye to hooker if we get Foran because he can develop and become like Smith - and leave Frawley at halfback surely. That spine will be ruthless in attack and hold its own in defense.
Frawley seems to be getting worse why have we stopped giving hi. The kicking duties. ??

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Frawley seems to be getting worse why have we stopped giving hi. The kicking duties. ??
I don't understand what you mean he is getting worse. - and did he ever have kicking duties?

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Add Woods and Foran to that kind of footy... Game over. Fcuk you Hoppa play Sundays you son of Fingerer!
That's a pretty poor comment from a person with a question mark - grow up !

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Outstanding performance tonight
By the boys frawleys passing is fast and direct we spread the ball so well when he is there and mbye really looks a different player with frawley on

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Outstanding performance tonight
By the boys frawleys passing is fast and direct we spread the ball so well when he is there and mbye really looks a different player with frawley on
It makes a difference when you have 2 halves that can actually pass a ball.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It defies belief that Des continues to not put Frawley into the run on side. Their is no suitable reason for it other than he thinks it would be admitting to being wrong. Last week it cost us 2 points and until JR was injured we looked ordinary, amazingly as soon as Frawley is on we score points and win the game. Jackson and Elliott were massive tonight and Mbye closed out the game.

P.S Anyone who has a conspiracy theory about the NRL would have shown great interest in that reffing tonight.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our attack looked a bit more structured but our defence won the game. Great effort. I've gotta give Tolman a wrap (as someone who has bagged him). He is in good form lately.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Certainly have more structure in our attack when Frawley is on. We seem to have more depth and time with our structured plays which enables the outside runners more time to use our skills...
He goes to the line direct and engages the defence
Very very rarely does Frawley run sideways

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great win by the boys today.

With James Graham and Reynolds both out midway through the game, I honestly thought that we would lose. But it really shows the determination and passion that is shown within the team, much better then that of the Raiders.

I honestly believe that Adam Elliott is going to be a great player in the future (even though he is already playing great), he will only get better, hits hard in defence and shows much more than Eastwood in attack.

Good win :D

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa was brilliant tonight .. tore it up and was involved in a lot of the attacking moves. Got a lot of offloads away and ran for 308m from 29 hit-ups and throw in a try assist

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm so happy we beat Canberra but deadset what a game of defence! Hoppa killed it and looked fresh!! Kas smashed meters, Elliott have his best game to date. We need to keep this up and have Frawley on earlier, fuck never seen such structure when his on

Status
Not open for further replies.