Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You cant make this shit up... honestly :rage:

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t see it. Why would we release Cotric and sign To’o? He’d want similar money, if not more. I’d love to have him. But I can see him staying at Penrith for “unders”.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who says we are releasing cotric due to cap space issues? The daily telegraph? You dont believe everything you read in the papers? I do not believe we have cap space issues.. just a method to gussies madness.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really can’t see this happening. To’o strikes me as the type of player who will take under’s to stay at Penrith and play with his mates. The only way he leaves is if there is a falling out and it’s a sudden departure. On To’o, his size and style worries me long term, he’s like these small forwards who play well above their weight in the middle, after a few great seasons and admiration about how tough they are, they start missing a lot of games with injuries and having their bodies beaten up week in and week out.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really can’t see this happening. To’o strikes me as the type of player who will take under’s to stay at Penrith and play with his mates. The only way he leaves is if there is a falling out and it’s a sudden departure. On To’o, his size and style worries me long term, he’s like these small forwards who play well above their weight in the middle, after a few great seasons and admiration about how tough they are, they start missing a lot of games with injuries and having their bodies beaten up week in and week out.
I still think he has yet to be tested under the high ball. He's not exactly the same size as Utai, but it's only a matter of time before a Coates or any other 6'+ winger finds him out.

On the point of "can't really see him moving on due to taking unders" - he just got engaged. Any decision he makes will impact his family now - decisions can wilt at any sign of pressure, and that is pressure. Otherwise, I would agree with you.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think he has yet to be tested under the high ball. He's not exactly the same size as Utai, but it's only a matter of time before a Coates or any other 6'+ winger finds him out.

On the point of "can't really see him moving on due to taking unders" - he just got engaged. Any decision he makes will impact his family now - decisions can wilt at any sign of pressure, and that is pressure. Otherwise, I would agree with you.
This. Look how good Matt Utai was for us. But once teams worked out his weaknesses and started to exploit his height disadvantage, he became a liability on the wing. There is no more place in the game for the short outside backs. I feel the same with To’o, as good as he is, it’s just a matter of time before teams really start testing him under the high ball

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People saying he wouldn’t leave his mates. He played outside of Burton, Naden, Kikau all year. His mates are all here or coming.

Welcome Brian!
Im looking at it as more blood is thicker than water type of situation, while the guys you mentioned are mates, the other mates left at Penrith include his best friend and the guy he car pools with every day and the other is his fiancées cousin (plus her other cousin is on a train and trial contract). But, anything can happen i suppose ;)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This. Look how good Matt Utai was for us. But once teams worked out his weaknesses and started to exploit his height disadvantage, he became a liability on the wing. There is no more place in the game for the short outside backs. I feel the same with To’o, as good as he is, it’s just a matter of time before teams really start testing him under the high ball
Hello, To'o is 1 cm shorter than JAC.

Always a Bulldog

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
JaC is in the same category. He’s just learned how to work those situations over a longer period of time.

If we’re talking about actual signings, unless he is on relative peanuts then we need to bring out the old Bennett model - pay your wingers amongst your least - you’re paying them finish. ToO is bringing out the old Sam Perrett model - bring the ball back with some venom and break a shit tonne of tackles.

Love the way he plays - but if we want to get our house in order - start looking at our spine as a priority. Our 6 and 9 are sorted for the next few years... 1 and 7 still looking iffy

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Wiki and NRL pages have To’o at 182? And JAC at 183? To’o was interviewed before Origin this year and the reporter Scott Bailey discussed this with him. The report stated that the 182 wasn’t very accurate and he was closer to 175cm as advised by To’o himself.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't see it happening. He'd cost a lot. He's the best winger in the comp but Penrith will probably re-sign him or someone like the Dolphins will offer crazy money.
And we'd have to offload another high value player.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Would be worth it just to see Brandy's reaction. Probably be in the player's best interest at that stage lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is nothing more than a player manager leaking stupid sh!t to create panic @ Panthers in an effort to maximise Brian’s contract…