Brett Morris signs with Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Third party agreements.

Our club is at the bottom because we are not abusing TPA's. Plain and simple.
and also because no one wants to sign for a club with no skill position players or experienced coach

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve said it all along the club needs to do the same pay minimum of the cap and let sponsors and third party agreements get the players we need to be competitive. That’s how the rorters, storm and sharks get away with buying half the league.

Every club does it but the bulldogs. I just don’t fucken get it. When are they going to wake up, get with the times and join the bandwagon?

Haven’t they copped it enough being the laughing stock of the league, players and the fans/members?

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We didn't even make Brett an offer. So if the club didn't make him an offer then I am happy with him leaving.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Steve Zemek
2 hrs ago

© Cameron Spencer/Getty Images Brett Morris is on the move from the Bulldogs. The Sydney Roosters have signed Brett Morris to a two-year NRL deal, further strengthening their backline for next year.

After last week announcing the signature of powerful English winger Ryan Hall, the Tricolours on Wednesday confirmed former NSW and Australian flyer Morris had signed with the club for next season.

It means coach Trent Robinson will boast one of the competition's strongest backlines next year, with Latrell Mitchell, James Tedesco, Joseph Manu and Daniel Tupou competing for just five spots.

Hall and Morris will compete for the wing position vacated by Parramatta-bound Blake Ferguson.

It also caps an impressive signing spree by the Roosters, who have also added NSW back-rower Angus Crichton to their books for next year.

Morris was not offered a new deal by Canterbury because of the club's salary cap problems.

Twin brother Josh has already committed to Cronulla next year.

31-year-old Brett has played 231 NRL games for St George Illawarra - including their 2010 grand final win - and the Bulldogs as well as playing 18 Tests for Australia and making 15 State of Origin appearances for NSW.

"Brett is one of the most experienced finishers in the game with plenty of good football still in him and we are pleased to have secured his services," Roosters recruitment manager Adam Hartigan said.

"Not only will Brett add experience and depth to our squad, he will also be a terrific mentor to some of the younger backs here at the club."

THE ROOSTERS CAN GET F@CKED!!!! and while I'm at it the SHARKS CAN F@CK OFF TOO!!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Salary cap officially dead..........swap a 150k player for two internationals.........makes me want to puke. But in saying that they are two internationals on the other side of 30.....

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
..and once again no one bats an eyelid to the ongoing roosters signing spree

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I doubt Brett is earning much more than 200k tbh, no club would be dumb enough to offer him more than that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If brett plays nsw cup what a stain on his career...
One club player it would have seemed gaining a premiership at the Dragons.
Signs with the dogs, constantly gets injured and fails to make any sort of significant impact.
What does he have left to do in the game ? You would think his last contract would be for money.... so this deal has me confused, must be getting a fair bit on the side

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure shortly after signing an SMS came through

"Hey Brett, you and your wife let me know exactly what cars you'd like for next season. Don't bother with Holden, Ford, Hyundai, Honda (although the NSX is nice and I can get you one), instead treat yourself to something finer. Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz or Porsche... just let me know your preference and your address and we'll have then to you for the christmas break ;)"

Norths have an opening..

Also I love when people try to guess the Roosters salaries. Judt don't even try. You will never know.
Have Souths and North Sydney officially broken up their relationship?

There was talk of it, but I don't think anything was ever confirmed.

If brett plays nsw cup what a stain on his career...
He won't because currently in 2019 the Roosters do not have a NSW Cup side.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tupou to be leaving roosters maybe??

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really annoys me he'd be on minimal coin at the Roosters. He wouldn't do the same at our club that's for sure.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really annoys me he'd be on minimal coin at the Roosters. He wouldn't do the same at our club that's for sure.
Why would you? Roosters are a powerhouse. They probably have a factory of willing halves after Cronk. They’re a real gamble of a premiership.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think they drop Tupou tbh.
1. Tedesco
2. Hall (prefers the left edge, but no stranger to the right in his early rep career. Will help Manu out defensively)
3. Manu
4. Mitchell
5. B.Morris (Tupou may be the bigger man, but Morris can still get some air and provides much more pace imo, will be the perfect player to provide some experience in support play and defence outside a raw Latrell)
You still call Mitchell raw now he is a origin player?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
$250,000 - $290,000 per season according to Dean Ritchie.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On the Eels forum they have a rumour of Tupou coming to them.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve said it all along the club needs to do the same pay minimum of the cap and let sponsors and third party agreements get the players we need to be competitive. That’s how the rorters, storm and sharks get away with buying half the league.

Every club does it but the bulldogs. I just don’t fucken get it. When are they going to wake up, get with the times and join the bandwagon?

Haven’t they copped it enough being the laughing stock of the league, players and the fans/members?
Are TPA capped?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You still call Mitchell raw now he is a origin player?
Yep. Solid in attack, in defence he arms grabs gets out of position and always looks to drag people rather than hit and drive. All energy lacks composure and discipline imo. Not saying he's a bad player, but a level head outside him would be of great benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.