Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really annoys me he'd be on minimal coin at the Roosters. He wouldn't do the same at our club that's for sure.
thats because our club was dumb enough to pay overs for a winger

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't think they are.
Not an even playing field in that case especially with Uncle Nicks billionaires mates.

Broncos one town team have massive corporate support

Even the Warriors one country team

We are fkd , Dib cronies did a runner once he got ousted

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Soo Tupou, Hall and Morris..
Whose playing for Wyong Roos 2019?

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be honest i was not a fan of B Moz never put his body on the line for the club , for e.g playing origin busted , played about 4 good games for us before good Friday game hope he fails miserably at the rorters

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest i was not a fan of B Moz never put his body on the line for the club , for e.g playing origin busted , played about 4 good games for us before good Friday game hope he fails miserably at the rorters
What a nice guy you are!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I thought it was the Newtown Its??
Nah ... Roosters dumped Jets in 2014, and there was no love loss there, so no way would Jet welcome them back (besides they are accounted for). Roosters then they latched on to Wyong. Now Wyong have dropped them.

Wyong wanted to better focus on juniors and the local Rugby League scene, rather than being a dumping ground for Roosters fringe signings. Could lead to a mass exodus as players won't get played, unless they align with a Qld side (unlikely), or pushfor a standalone NSW Cup side.

As it stands every NSW Cup side already has a feeder club, so not sure where that leaves Roosters.

For what it's worth Brisbane Broncos are affiliated with a 5 Qld Cup clubs at present.

As it currently stands for 2019:

NSW Cup side > Feeder Club > NRL side
Penrith Panthers > > Penrith Panthers
Mounties > > Canberra Raiders
Newtown Jets > > Cronulla Sharks
St George Dragons > > St George Dragons
CB Bulldogs > > CB Bulldogs
Wests Magpies > > Wests Tigers
NZ Warriors > > NZ Warriors
Wyong Roos > > Standalone Club
Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles > > Manly Sea Eagles
North Sydney Bears > > Souths Sydney Rabbitohs (on shaky ground over disagreement by Souths on Bears wanting to sign of Todd Carney)
Wentworthville Magpies > > Parramatta Eels
Newcastle Knights > > Newcastle Knights

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fact: BMoz wasn't offered a contract.. still think wrong call for many reasons including their experience and leadership

Irony of it is the Rorter$ still see value in him and the Sharks his brother which I agree with

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Does anyone have a video of that try I think Josh Scored and Brett was running alongside him? In slow-mo it looked AWESOME.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Fact: BMoz wasn't offered a contract.. still think wrong call for many reasons including their experience and leadership

Irony of it is the Rorter$ still see value in him and the Sharks his brother which I agree with
They are both still great players but I think there is more to it than just that.

(A) Both are in the twilight of their careers and their best days are behind them. In fact I dare say the Dragons got the best out of him, not us.
(B) While still talented, they are certainly not worth as much as they used to be, so no doubt the Roosters are paying Brett under the table, and the Sharks... well they might be losing Holmes meaning they'll have some cash to splash on a back
(C) Brett seems to be injury prone nowadays so paying him top dollar doesn't really seem like much of an investment.
(D) IMO it's a way for our club to work towards the future and prevent us from having this problem 2 years down the track (might as well do it now while we're already in the current rebuilding predicament).

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are both still great players but I think there is more to it than just that.

(A) Both are in the twilight of their careers and their best days are behind them. In fact I dare say the Dragons got the best out of him, not us.
(B) While still talented, they are certainly not worth as much as they used to be, so no doubt the Roosters are paying Brett under the table, and the Sharks... well they might be losing Holmes meaning they'll have some cash to splash on a back
(C) Brett seems to be injury prone nowadays so paying him top dollar doesn't really seem like much of an investment.
(D) IMO it's a way for our club to work towards the future and prevent us from having this problem 2 years down the track (might as well do it now while we're already in the current rebuilding predicament).
Irony of a rebuild is you dont rebuild with a team of kids & rookies.. thats called a demolition job.. our own club has many examples of that also eg the 2009 rebuild

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is amazing how they fit everyone under the cap so easily.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah ... Roosters dumped Jets in 2014, and there was no love loss there, so no way would Jet welcome them back (besides they are accounted for). Roosters then they latched on to Wyong. Now Wyong have dropped them.

Wyong wanted to better focus on juniors and the local Rugby League scene, rather than being a dumping ground for Roosters fringe signings. Could lead to a mass exodus as players won't get played, unless they align with a Qld side (unlikely), or pushfor a standalone NSW Cup side.

As it stands every NSW Cup side already has a feeder club, so not sure where that leaves Roosters.

For what it's worth Brisbane Broncos are affiliated with a 5 Qld Cup clubs at present.

As it currently stands for 2019:

NSW Cup side > Feeder Club > NRL side
Penrith Panthers > > Penrith Panthers
Mounties > > Canberra Raiders
Newtown Jets > > Cronulla Sharks
St George Dragons > > St George Dragons
CB Bulldogs > > CB Bulldogs
Wests Magpies > > Wests Tigers
NZ Warriors > > NZ Warriors
Wyong Roos > > Standalone Club
Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles > > Manly Sea Eagles
North Sydney Bears > > Souths Sydney Rabbitohs (on shaky ground over disagreement by Souths on Bears wanting to sign of Todd Carney)
Wentworthville Magpies > > Parramatta Eels
Newcastle Knights > > Newcastle Knights

:blush: Thanks for the update MrI

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$250,000 - $290,000 per season according to Dean Ritchie.
+ TPA + loan car + holiday + apartment + a game of golf for $100k [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ask yourself who feeds the journos these numbers they quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.